A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: alone for the holidays/make a friend christmas swap?  (Read 973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2008 05:59:57 PM »

I couldnt organize but I would love to see a swap for those of us who will be by ourselves on christmas/ hanukah, etc. Wether you are single and living away from family, at school, or have a deployed spouse.....anyone who will be by themselves on the holidays would be welcome, and it would be a good way to make new friends. What do you all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
myklia
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008 06:31:35 PM »

Bum, this is exactly what I need this year too.  With what I am committed to right now, I just don't think I can swing this.  I'll see when the sign ups get started.  Though I don't have family to spend time with this holiday (I won't get into it Tongue), I still have much crafting for family and upcoming swaps.  Perhaps if it is kept to a point system or small medium requirements, I could maybe do it.  I will wait and see.  I definitely can't think about organizing.

I do hope that for you and anyone else that this gets off the ground.  I don't know if I'll be in the same position next year of being alone (I really hope not Roll Eyes Undecided).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tvelez
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008 06:39:23 PM »

Wow, this is a great idea! I'm a single mom with a lil one living far from family. I get depressed everytime i go home and come back so i decided not to go back for holidays. Smiley Although i have 1 swap i am working on now and bc i'm a newbie, i can't do more than that Sad We'll see how the dates go and if anyone wants to organize this swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiny T
I sew, paint unfinished wood, sketch, make jewelry, crochet a bit, loom knit, and sew. Pretty much if I can get my hands on it to learn, then I will know it. Maybe not perfectly, but enough for a hobby.

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tinyangel3d/
TexasThistle

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008 07:02:57 PM »

I figured we could do this closer to december. that way everyone has time to plan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008 07:19:51 PM »

hmm....I should be done with my other swaps and christmas crafting by then.  *crosses fingers*  I would think that sign ups should be mid to late November with send outs around December 15th or so (I don't have a calendar handy) so we hopefully all receive before Christmas.  I am still thinking I probably won't be able to organize.  It depends on if the two of the ones I am organizing are completely done (they better be Roll Eyes Wink) and how many sign up for the third one I am organizing right now.  The other two should be done in the next week or two.  So I guess I am a MAYBE on organizing, though I would really prefer someone else organize.

With that time frame, it should definitely be small to medium size requirement I think.  Hopefully more than just the three of us will stop by interested in this. Smiley

tvelez, I am in the four element swap too.  Hopefully it will fill up sooner than later so you can craft sooner and send sooner and get feedback sooner so you have a chance to participate.  I think it will be challenging, but you never know.  I am really looking forward to partners. Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008 07:21:53 PM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Echelon
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008 07:27:54 AM »

This sounds like a great idea...I'm abroad this Christmas (and last Christmas!) so it'll be a very small celebration this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008 10:31:28 AM »

I couldnt organize but I would love to see a swap for those of us who will be by ourselves on christmas/ hanukah, etc. Wether you are single and living away from family, at school, or have a deployed spouse.....anyone who will be by themselves on the holidays would be welcome, and it would be a good way to make new friends. What do you all think?

Would the swapped things be holiday-themed too? Or the theme is the general 'whatever your swap partner would like'?

Or is too soon to ask this?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008 05:52:36 PM »

I can Organize HOWEVER send sendouts would have to be in the first week of DEC to guarantee overseas swappers have there package for Christmas morning...

I would also say that we should wrap the goodies...And everyone open on Christmas morning OR Hanukkah ( oh 8 wonderful nights)

I would thing gifts from Wists I would rather not have holiday stuff...What do you all think??

1 med 3 smalls...

I think this could be super fun....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
TexasThistle

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008 06:01:20 PM »

i was thinking it could be semi-hiliday and semi-wists.  sendouts on the first week of dec are fine with me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008 06:08:18 PM »

Send outs first week of December would be challenging for me, though I totally understand the logic.  Could still be done.  Definitely no more than one medium and three smalls. 

I totally love the idea of wrapping them and then the partner open it either Christmas or hanukkah.  I prefer wist based items, but you could have a question in the questionnaire like this:

Would prefer wist/stalking based items, holiday related items, or a combination?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Makes a Great Photograph
Samsung NX100 Hands-on Video at Photokina 2010
Canon Multipurpose 4k Camera Concept
Nick Woodman Talks About the GoPro Cameras
Canon 7D Hands-on
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...