A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Christmas Gift Ideas!  (Read 3277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FoxInDocs
« on: October 19, 2008 04:56:04 PM »

So, It's summer for christmas here in oz, so hot chocolate kits, scarves and beanies are kind of inappropriate :-)

I've got a couple ideas to share, and i also want to hear any other ideas people have for summer christmas gifts.

My ideas so far are

for the girls:
  • summery handbags or beach/tote bags
  • jewllery
  • Bath bombs

For the boys:
  • boxers
  • stenciled t-shirts
  • beaded bracelets
  • BBQ spice rubs

I'd also like to make some baked goods and lollies/candy to put into hampers. Does anyone have good easy recipes for non-chocolate-based (i.e. non-melty) lollies?

Ideas on what to put in the spice rubs might be good too, however i might delegate that to Fience to create :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008 05:06:00 PM »

the jollyrancher melted candies always seem to go over well. all you do is melt the jollyranchers inside cookie cutters, then pop them out. i mean i suppose you could pre-melt them, then put them in lollipop molds? ive never tried that. but im sure it would work. would be great for kids & adults.

since its a summer christmas...how about crocheted bikinis for the ladies? 0or how about flipflops/tank tops/shorts? Homemade lotions/body oils?

You could make homemade bbq sauces to go with them spice rubs! wrap them up in a grilling apron. you could also throw in some pot holders/utensils! & of course beer always goes over well with them Smiley

thats all i have for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
emmaline
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008 09:33:00 PM »

hurrrah!
i'm not the only aussie lurking on the winter holiday forum despite our weather warming up!

im thinking i might do a fair bit of baking - the usual shortbread etc...
i bought the most recent issue of better homes and gardens and they have some great ideas for baking that are more suited for our climate too

as for pressies - i just saw notmartha.com from another thread on here and i'm thinking wine glass charms will be a good idea
i also bought a tonne of plain canvas bags on ebay that im going to decorate and give out to encourage people to use them in place of plastic shopping bags

ive spent the last day cutting out angel shapes to make a cute garland i saw in the magazine too!
christmas can't come soon enough i say.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
annieandchiquita
Crafting Addict; no speciality

Darn picture :(

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008 04:32:17 AM »

Oooh, I like the idea of spice rubs... and I still do chocolate. Its never too hot for chocolate, as long as you have a good ol' eski Tongue
And I got the better homes and gardens issue too - its actually pretty good surprisingly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -
Back to Hogwarts: Sent!

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
FoxInDocs
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008 02:22:51 AM »

ahh haha! i got better homes too! i have the one from last year aswell!

I just got my application for a new rental house approved, so i'll have air-conditioning this year, which makes for more comfortable baking :-)

Crocheted bikini's is a great idea! only i can't crochet... but i can sew! bikini's shorts and tanks will go well with the beach-bags i plan on making for my sister and SIL.

what is this "jolly ranchers" you speak of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annieandchiquita

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008 03:06:49 AM »

I think, from the way she described the method, they must be boiled lollies... because thats how you do those stained glass cookies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
FoxInDocs
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008 02:12:07 PM »

ahh... well thats a good idea then.... mebbe i'll try that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlumCrafty
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008 01:21:04 PM »

Oooh, a recipe for spice rubs would be great. My Dad is a killer BBQ-er and as I will be home for Christmas this year, I want to give him every excuse to light up. Grin

I have the double whammy of having to craft for warm climate pressies and to send them from a cold climate....

Cousins will get stencilled Ts, the step-sis will be apron/kitchen gear. The aunts will be bags but I am stuck on the uncles. Menfolk in my family are so hard to craft for, though something to do with either wine or golf usually goes down well. I might have to look into making wine/beer coolers..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
Nov: SS Ornament R3
Sep: MALC 6x6 Canvas
Aug: 4x6 Art5
Jul: Hand-Carved Stamp4 and Vintage
Jun: Journal for a Month2
May: 4x6 Art2 and Crafted Cushion Cover2
Apr: Beginners Inchie3
Mar: Art Journal
annieandchiquita

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008 02:15:33 AM »

Oooh, that would be tricky Sad Bet you're looking forward to being home Smiley

Men in my family are just difficult period. Brothers get things bought for them - shocker game thingy for one and a set of stilts or a pogo stick for the other...

For my mum and maybe one of the SIL's I'm going to make single use foot scrubs and that sort of thing... package them in baby food jars since I have stacks of them in the cupboard! Summer feet for summer shoes sort of thing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -

FoxInDocs
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008 10:58:13 AM »

foot scrub is a good idea, and baby food jars would be perfect for that! they'd be an awesome size jar for heaps of christmas things...

I've just moved into a house with heaps of fruit trees, so now i'm thinking of doing some jams and marmalaids (spelling?) baby food jars would be good for that too *tries to think of friends with babies*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
How to Create Live Paint Groups in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Key Object Alignment in Illustrator CS4
How to Use Multiple Artboards in Illustrator CS4
How to Use the Separations Preview Panel in Illustrator CS4
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...