A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Victoria's Secret knock-off (w/PATT LINK!) & Eiffel  (Read 9924 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlackResonance
« on: October 19, 2008 12:49:41 PM »

Me- "Oh, I like that! But it's $49 Undecided "
Luke - "Make it"
Me - "Ok Grin "
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=9F-227226&page=1&cgname=OSCLOALSTUR&rfnbr=5190

I used Cotton Ease, a total of 3 skeins and a few yards from the 4th skein, in Hazelnut. I also wrote up a pattern but it's only in the size I made for myself...I'm not sure how to do different sizes.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r32/XblackResonanceX/1012081332a.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r32/XblackResonanceX/1012081331.jpg
I couldn't be more thrilled with it!! Grin And the best part is I spent less than $20 to make it. Pssh, Take that VS!! Tongue

And my Eiffel. I've been eyeing this sweater for a long time but never had a nice yarn to use. My grandmother actually made me a sweater dress Very simiarl to this when I was a toddler, except it was light pink with brown ribbon. I have no idea what brand of yarn it was as the label is written in Egyptian. I bought it on eBay, 100% Egyptian Cotton, and I still have 3 hanks and some from the second hand leftover.
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r32/XblackResonanceX/1019081459a.jpg

Closest to color-
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r32/XblackResonanceX/1019081459b.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r32/XblackResonanceX/1019081528.jpg
 Can anyone read that? Also, how would I wash it?

I have mixed emotions about the Eiffel pattern, it was kind of weird. There's shaping in the arms but not in the waist, the neck is really big, chest is kind of small. So the things I did different was I added 2" to the waist (and it's still too short), I added 1" to the arms - I don't have long arms either and I have to stretch mine to fit. I left out the shaping for the arms so they're the same width up and down, I also added extra rows at the top to lengthen the bust and make the neck smaller. And I used the traditional method of binding off - the one given in the pattern left the opening way too small no matter how loose I bound it off, although I did like how it looked. And I didn't block it, it fits better that way, but I might block the arms so the length will stay intact. It's really comfy though Smiley

PATTERN!!!
http://darth-tardius.blogspot.com/2008/10/vs-knock-off.html
Please, please, let me know if any of you make it and there's a problem with it. I'm not that good at writing up patterns, so hopefully it all makes sense.
Enjoy! Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011 09:55:18 AM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Beeclef

The crafter formerly known as Bongirl5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008 01:05:54 PM »

I'm so in love with your VS knockoff! I want to cast on for it asap! What size would you say you are? I'm a little curvier than you, but still pretty small.  I think I might be able to get away with the size you made....maybe.  Are you willing to share the pattern? That is so freakin' adorable, I can hardly stand it! And it's perfect for a southern california fall, where it can be just a touch chilly, but still warm enough for short sleeves.  Great, great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wonderfully Awkward - my blog http://www.bclef.com
myklia
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008 01:10:35 PM »

That Victoria Secret knockoff is absolutely amazing.  I wish I could do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funtobewith
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008 01:18:44 PM »

Great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslie <><
BlackResonance
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008 01:30:52 PM »

I'm so in love with your VS knockoff! I want to cast on for it asap! What size would you say you are? I'm a little curvier than you, but still pretty small.  I think I might be able to get away with the size you made....maybe.  Are you willing to share the pattern? That is so freakin' adorable, I can hardly stand it! And it's perfect for a southern california fall, where it can be just a touch chilly, but still warm enough for short sleeves.  Great, great job!

I seem to shrink a bit in photos. I'm guessing it would be a Small, maybe a Medium in standard sizing...I'm a mixed size but my chest-waist-hip measurements are 36-24-37. It does stretch a good deal though, without looking too stretched out, so this top really could fit someone who is XS and someone who is M.

I'm writing up the pattern right now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cutek94
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008 02:04:20 PM »

omgawsh your knockoff is fabulous!!!!!
who needs to pay $49 when we can spend $20!!!!
awsome  Grin can't wait for the pattern
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting = my love <3
BlackResonance
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008 02:08:05 PM »

omgawsh your knockoff is fabulous!!!!!
who needs to pay $49 when we can spend $20!!!!
awsome  Grin can't wait for the pattern

Thanks!!! I'm so glad I decided to make it! And I just saw another, very similar dress that they have with seed stitch and RK, it has a cute cowl-like neck and a belt...I might just make that too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bezoona
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008 02:47:50 PM »

Oh that first one is gorgeous! The second one is also lovely!

As for the writing on that yarn, that just says the name of the company,

The Egyptian Company for Washing & Knitting...more stuff I can't make out too well,
then underneath it says 100 grams.

Is there something on the back maybe that will be washing instructions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlackResonance
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008 03:35:34 PM »

Oh that first one is gorgeous! The second one is also lovely!

As for the writing on that yarn, that just says the name of the company,

The Egyptian Company for Washing & Knitting...more stuff I can't make out too well,
then underneath it says 100 grams.

Is there something on the back maybe that will be washing instructions?

If you could make out the rest that would be super! Smiley
- I have that upside down...don't I?  Cheesy It looks like it should be facing the other way. Sorry
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008 03:36:54 PM by BlackResonance » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bezoona
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008 03:52:39 PM »

No, that's the right way up (the original pic was upside down, I flipped it over to read it).

Not surprisingly, there are no washing instructions however Sad

The first pic has the gauge or similar of the yarn it says "thread 4/8 'thick' (term for thread thickness that I don't know in english)"

The second just says
preparation and dyeing (then it has the logo)
Egyptian company for white dyeing
Color code ______

(the color code is blank ;P)

So sorry, there is nothing that says anything about the washing instructions weh weh.

Not too surprised, in the middle east, these sort of details aren't paid much attention to - booo.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about White Balance
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 2
How to use the Shutter Priority Mode or Tv Mode
How to use the Modes on Your dSLR
Learn about Reciprocity
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...