A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone going to the No Ideas Fest in Gainesville?  (Read 1270 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lizi
« on: October 19, 2008 09:09:02 AM »

Hello!

Me and my boyfriend are coming over to Florida for the No Idea Records Fest this year (31st Oct - 2nd Nov), is anyone coming as well? I know it's a pretty long shot, but I figured that the DIY music scene has a lot of parallels with the DIY crafting scene (I know it does for me!).

Also, what shall we do in the daytime? Are there any nice parks or something that we could come and visit in the mornings? Or that I will be whilst my boyfriend and all of our friends (who are all over-21, unlike me) are hungover?

Are there any crafty-places I should go? I really want to explore and have a proper holiday and see the city rather than just go to the gigs.

Thanks!

Lizi xxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sassafras

The Sassy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008 06:01:49 PM »

I'm obviously chiming in late, but if you ever come back to Gainesville then don't miss these local favorites.

Loop de Loop (http://www.loopdeloopshop.com) is a funky-junky resale shop at 205 NE 16th Ave. The proprietess (Cat) always has the place chock full of great retro stuff as well as items from local crafters (including herself).

Also, don't miss Satchel's (http://www.satchelspizza.com/) and Lightnin' Salvage (http://www.lightninsalvage.com/) at 1800 NE 23rd Avenue. Satchel's has great pizza and salads, and Lightnin' Salvage has live music and all sorts of weird stuff for sale, as well as a cool junk museum.

And my favorite bar, hands down, is The Top. Not only do they pour good drinks, they also have an extensive menu that caters to meat lovers and vegetarians alike. (I looove the buffalo tempeh.) The atmosphere is very thrift-store chic and they always have interesting odds and ends on view in the ladies room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '....................................................................')
           <<  www.sassycrafter.com  >>
                     crafty repurposing
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '....................................................................')
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Laura Mercier: How to Flawlessly Apply Your Foundation
Best Dressed at the Hollywood Film Awards
Office Chic: Look Good for Your 9-5 in No Time
A Fabulous Fall Look You Need to Try Now
Full Face Flawless Foundation in 5 Steps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...