A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,382
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Murdered Cupcakes (For the Dexter season premiere)  (Read 38744 times)
Tags for this thread: dexter , tv , featured_project , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knot all there

Muh muh muh muh McCoy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2009 06:00:47 AM »

They just released the trailer for the new seaon! Oh man it is going to rock! You can see it here- http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/comiccon/home.do?source=m_dexter_cc_facebook

So I'm thinking about makign blood spatter plates too. If I can get those clear plastic plates I could spatter red paint on the underside and that way it would still be food safe!

I'm definitely going to make the cuban sandwiches with maybe some plantain chips or something. I've got 2 months left to plan for all this. Fun!

The plates sound like a really good idea!
You could easily do it with plastic cups as well...though you've probably thought of that Cheesy

Have you read the 4th book?
Nearly finished it...oh Dexter...what do you get yourself into!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lethargic
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2009 08:11:31 AM »

No I havn't read it, I thought it wasn't out until September. Or did you get a UK version? lol

Yeah I was trying to think what all I could blood spatter. I'm still not sure what kind of dessert I'm going to make yet. Maybe body part cakes or something. It would be totally awesome if i could make an entire person cake and then saran wrap it to the table like he does. But that's A LOT of cake. lol  so yeah maybe just a few severed body parts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
Knot all there

Muh muh muh muh McCoy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2009 03:26:49 PM »

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez that would be a hell of a lot of cake!
But the random body parts sound ace!
You could also do an ice thing...it sounds wierd but you can easily make a mold of a body part using duct tape (lots of it) and tights so the tape doesnt stick to the skin but gets a tight fit...anyway. You could make a mold and then fill it full of water and red food colouring and then you have an ice sculpture that bleeeeeeeeeeds.

Anyway.....

And yes, I do have the UK version. 'Dexter By Design' lol! It's good and back to form after the...wierd...third book.
I hope you get to read it soon.
Though I have to wait AGES for season 4...3 has just ended...poor dex...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christinashaw
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2009 04:09:31 PM »

This is so sew awesome! I love realistic bakery!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lethargic
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2009 08:55:42 AM »

I went ahead and started a new topic over in the party planning section for the new season premiere. I hope everyone will come join the conversation and share ideas! Wink http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=315860.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
lorizathm
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2009 09:13:41 PM »

*gasp*
Absolutely Love these.
This kicks ass. My boyfriend would love these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Pablo Picasso
Gingerbread Coffin
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2009 10:49:15 PM »

First of all I can't believe this thread is going after a year! Wow...what a place this Craftster must be!! Grin Grin

So I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago when thinking of what to for food for my sister's Halloween party. I think I googled Dexter and... O_O Shocked Yah! and Nice!
I JUST finished my knives...they are "chillin' out" until Saturday. I'm going to make mine w/ a little added "bonus", if you will, in the middle. Wink I'll post in party planning later this weekend. Smiley So excited! Much thanks for the idea!!!

Also, you were pondering other possible dessert ideas? When I originally saw this post, I thought about making some "Blood Splatter Cakes". Putting white icing on the cupcakes, then squirting some red gel, and possibly red sprinkles. To top it off...dig some toothpicks into the top to punch a few random holes and place Rope Licorice, or twist off the Pull n' Peel Twizzlers, in the spaces and let 'em hang or twist together. Then seal and secure w/ a bit more icing.  This creates the look of when Dexter is in his lab trying to determine the crime scene based on his analysis.
Just a thought...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sea moraine

occasionally in hyperspace

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2009 12:25:39 PM »

These took my breath away!!! You're so talented. I really want to try making them =)
However I'm a cupcake n00b. Is the parchment paper knifes edible (sigh, just goes to show how much I know)? Can anyone explain to me how the knife-making works? I owe you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Michelle Obama Makeup How-to
The Best Fourth of July Look
July 4 Makeup Look
Fourth of July Makeup How-To
Halloween Mermaid Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...