A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,199
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly/Serenity round 8 gallery!  (Read 8377 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

popculturerecycled
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008 03:10:19 PM »

everything has been so awesome!  i reallllllly love that vera model Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gleep
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008 06:42:03 PM »

Here is the fantastic stuff I got from linnybelle!

First up: The River Bag of Many pockets. I love it! It is my new favorite bag, and it is going to become my work bag for certain. There are 18 pockets inside of this!

Next, a hair comb inspired by Kaylee. It looks terribly cute, and I look forward to wearing it.

The trunk is all about River:

A set of cool coasters/wallhanging/candle bases/etc., each with a quote from a character:

And the OMG I love it, a scrap quilt, inspired by River! She said it reminds her of River because it's so random, but when added together, it turns into something beautiful. It certainly is!

And my cats are STILL fighting over the box the goodies came in!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008 09:46:29 PM »

Hooray!  I'm glad that you liked everything, gleep, and I have to tell you. Vera made me smile after my shift was done and I had to get into my cold car.

Also, the cats probably smell my cat.  I know she climbed things and the box was probably one of them.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
littlebluegirl
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008 02:30:55 AM »

That quilt is GORGEOUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jareth_tights
Shiny

Let's be bad guys.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008 05:41:24 AM »

Due to unforeseen RL circumstances pictures today not yesterday! Y'all are gonna be completely jealous of my package from littlebluegirl once you see the goodies I got. You may be less jealous *cough*appreciative*cough* of my action shot obsession Tongue

First we have my favourite item, the 'Captain Tightpants' t-shirt. Cunningly when I received on monday I was wearing tight leatherette trousers (pants for the americans) so of course off came the Star Trek dress and on went this. Thankfully the woman I sit next to at work has watched firefly and so was very impressed also. Gotta spread the shiny.

P.S. I'm much happier than I look - I just don't smile in photos.

Next is the blue sun stencilled bag which must have been hell to cut out. Also in this photo and the rest are the lovely mittens, which I believe are knitted, inspired by 'two by two, hands of blue'

Next we have a couple of bought items that are no less awesome for it. A Hawaiian shirt style bag for Wash and a beaded notebook for Inara.

And last but not least we have an Inara-style compact mirror, A tiny jayne hat keyring/bag charm/random glove attachment and a fabulous felted strawberry which you're very right to feel proud of littlebluegirl - it's disturbingly accurate.

Sorry about the bad hat angle but it kept spinning...

Thanks so much littlebluegirl! I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep is for the weak!

Available for personal swaps though I don't know what for yet...

http://www.wists.com/jarethtights
gleep
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008 08:27:41 AM »

Fantastic stuff! love the shirt and the stencilled bag -- bag is insane!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
popculturerecycled
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008 10:56:53 AM »

awesome!  love the strawberry tons!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008 06:05:54 PM »

WOO HOO!!! I just got package 1 of 3! on the same day I got my first non-family etsy sale and holiday goodies from another etsy buddy  Grin

so..here goes...

lovely cards - fruity oaty bars, miranda, and a wanted poster...supposedly there is a story that goes with it which she will tell me after everything else arrives.

and my wonderful and fun rainstick! Jayne was wrong - a wife isn't better...well, I do have a pretty full kitchen sink...but I don't think a crafted Mrs Reynolds would do the trick  Tongue Too bad this doesn't have audio - sounds way cool.

oh - and the jayne hat detailing tied up in the leather strapping...

And that was only 1 of 3!!
also - the rainstick was wrapped for protection in an Evil Dead tee - which I love! does my partner have great taste or what!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008 06:16:05 PM »

And since my partner is currently batteryless - she gave me the go ahead to post some pics of the swapiness I sent her...I took a ton of pics & if you are interested in seeing all of them - the flickr page link will be at the end.

Handpainted pillow - the back didn't turn out so hot - it's a Jayne hat colored stripped fleece button tab

scrapbook - my very first, so it even has fun wiggly glue related texture on each page  Grin
and yes, I am anal enough that there is a pic of each page on flickr...hey, I won't ever see it again - I had to take 'em.

Kaylee's box - modeled after her door sign...and each side is done up too....and for some reason Kaylee was carrying around 2 of Wash's dinos - go figure  Cheesy

I knew popculturerecycled wanted a Jayne hat, but alas, I cannot knit...so she got a sewn fleece one instead (it's sitting on a stuffed rhino here)

and lastly - the triptych - quotes from theme song are on each.
And I have to thank her (and the swap mistress for starting all this) because it has gotten me painting again - it's been almost a decade.

flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiltcreations/sets/72157608075107615/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008 06:17:42 PM by tiltcreations - Reason: busted link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008 08:17:50 PM »

Now I seriously regret passing on this swap.  Stupid RL getting in the way  Sad

Shiny goodies so far.  Looking forward to seeing more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Susanna Clark Talks About A House in Fez
Jimmy Gownley Talks About Amelia Rules
Andrew Griffiths Talks About Me Myth
Carin Rubenstein Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Philippa Gregory Talks About The Role of Magic
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...