A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first diaper bag!  (Read 1519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shleedogg
« on: October 17, 2008 11:47:17 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2061186&l=173c1&id=44201769

The link above will take you to the album, I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't post images.  My favorite feature is the outside "hidden" mommy pocket in the last 2 pics.  That took me forever to figure out how to do.

I started it in July and then got distracted, just finished it yesterday.  Now it feels out of season, lol.  I'm hoping to start a more fall/winter one soon and add a few more decorative touches.  Hopefully this time I'll pick a better fabric.  This one frayed like crazy so not all of my measurements ended up being accurate after I lost so much to the fraying.

Since this is my first attempt at anything like this, I'd love some feedback about things you think could be improved upon!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorizathm
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008 03:27:21 PM »

That's really nice! I see what you mean about the "summery" fabric, though. Question: What's with the zipper at the bottom of the bag (pics 5 and 6)? Some little hidey hole or something?

Anyway, great job. It's nice and doesn't look "diaper baggy" so you can use it even when your kid outgrows it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -Pablo Picasso
Shleedogg
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008 02:30:07 PM »

Thank you!

The zipper is my "mommy pocket."  I can put my cell phone, chapstick, keys in it and not have to dig through the pockets in the inside.  That way the inside can be just for baby stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pepgirlz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008 05:50:53 AM »

I think that is a great bag. Love the colors reminds me of spring and with the weather getting cold I wouldn't mind using it now. Love the mommy pocket that a great idea. Any tricks on how you did it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MelodyRose
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008 10:53:50 AM »

I LOve it!  I think you did a great job!  Very enat stitching, especially for your first one! 

Personal preference--I like gathered pockets with elastic tops.  They're great for diapers and clothing changes.  But your many, many pockets are wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lowree
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008 11:34:02 AM »

Excellent job! The fabric to me, since it is a diaper bag, and not a purse to where w/ a purse you'd change out seasonal, i think the fabric is fine, all year round! I remember when my kids were babies, I had one diaper bag, to which matched their nursery, I never even thought of 'seasonal' lol.....oh well, maybe that's just me!

Anyhow, you did an excellent job on your bag and i too love the 'mommy pocket'>>>> great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
garke930
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008 05:29:31 PM »

Excellent job - the mommy pocket is a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrscp
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008 05:31:43 PM »

that looks so great! it's too bad the fabric frayed so much, it's cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annievict
Annabelle, the Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008 07:44:59 AM »

It is so super cute, I'm jealous.  What pattern did you use?  Also, did you flip the straps on purpose?  I mess that up all the time.

Really a beautifully done purse.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annabelle, the Crafty
bstfrnz
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008 12:50:56 PM »

That is a really nice bag! I am in the process of trying to come up with ideas for a diaper bag... The most I have accomplished is searching thru craftster! So many nice things to look at on here! I can't seem to get away!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Style Seared Duck Breast
Stinky Tofu in Hong Kong
How to Make Thai Cabbage Salad
How To Cook Easy Indian Dishes
Thai Foodcast: Thai Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...