A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,022
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea Thread!!!  (Read 10279 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepsiTwist
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2008 03:59:40 PM »

I'm loving the scratch off idea!!!  Grin

For my bf this year I made him some homemade playdough in blue and in orange (gator colors), its so much fun to play with lol!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008 11:18:40 PM »

I try and get family and friends toys and gag gifts from dollar stores or bargain bins where I can find them. I also tend to personalize things like a mini football in red (favorite color) for my brother-in-law. My sister will get chenille socks in her favorite color and a travel sudoku book. One of my husbands best friends is frightened of bioluminescent fish, so we got a small stuffed fish and tied/sewed glow sticks around it to look like it had lighted lures like the Angler Fish. Shocked We put that in a basket along with personalized T-shirts we made with printed iron on shirt transfers.

As a child my parents used to fill our stockings with the usual, oranges, nuts, and the occasional snickers or chocolate bar, but being girls my sister and I always got little birth stone earrings, chap sticks, or girly hair accessories. But jewelry might be much for some unless they were DIY, like shrinky dinks or polymer.
On the other hand, my husband is way harder to surprise. He usually is so impatient he can't wait till Christmas or he will even come close to spilling what he got me, even the small things. He's the true epitome of "geek" and has every thing. Cant think of anything that he wouldn't like, "Coupons" would be a surprise and very welcome. Wink

Awesome thread by the way!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilleftie818
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2008 08:25:13 AM »

you know.. I dont know if this was posted or not already as I only read one page..but that 1 page inspired me lol!

Someone mentioned something about a memory stick for that geek in ur life...

Well what about making it a memory stick...filled with memories??

And I like the surprise ball idea too.. What I would do is fill the memory stick with pictures, songs, letters/blogs(i write ALOT).. And then put it in the ball and wrap it.. and maybe as part of the charm and the other things that get wrapped up in there id put movie tickets or little goodies that would also serve as memories too... I love it!

Sorry if this idea was already posted!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008 12:14:04 PM »

lilleftie thats actually a brilliant idea!! I woulda never thought of that!!w  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2008 07:17:05 PM »

you know.. I dont know if this was posted or not already as I only read one page..but that 1 page inspired me lol!

Someone mentioned something about a memory stick for that geek in ur life...

Well what about making it a memory stick...filled with memories??

And I like the surprise ball idea too.. What I would do is fill the memory stick with pictures, songs, letters/blogs(i write ALOT).. And then put it in the ball and wrap it.. and maybe as part of the charm and the other things that get wrapped up in there id put movie tickets or little goodies that would also serve as memories too... I love it!

Sorry if this idea was already posted!!!

Best idea ever! I've been making scrapbooks for everyone, but this would be so much easier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008 02:19:24 AM »

Absolutely Brilliant idea. Memory stick full of memories. That one flew way over my head. It would give me a chance to organize all the stuff we have just thrown on our computers anyways. Thanks Lil, I know my geek will love that. I'll just have to be careful what I put on there, Wink he likes to show off all things I make him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix a Makeup Mistake Without Ruining All Your Hard Work
Get a Perfect Cat-Eye Every Single Time
The Perfect Shadow for Your Eye Color
How to Fake Flawless Skin in Seconds
2 Kickass Ways to Wear Divergent Liner
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...