A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea Thread!!!  (Read 9858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008 08:27:27 AM »

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE stockings, they're my favorite part of Christmas Smiley The last two years my Hubby and I haven't been able to go home so he's been in charge of my stocking and vice versa every year he tries to get out out if.

Any ways I normally put practical stuff in there
-razor blades
-deoderant
-etc.

For fun stuff I've done
-spices (we use to cook a lot together)
-gift cards
-snacks (beef jerky and oreos)

My Mom is the queen of stockings (last year everyone was broke so one of my brothers requested that she made him a stocking like she did when we were kids)
She'd cram all kinds of things in there
-snacks/candy
-hair stuff
-practical items
-jewelery
-CD's/tapes
-"coupons" like for a movie of our choice

One year she put hints to where a big item of mine was, my parents had hid it in my room.

I love those surprise balls, I bought the crepe paper to make them one year then I couldn't think of what to put in them, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008 01:24:34 PM »

I love those surprise balls, I bought the crepe paper to make them one year then I couldn't think of what to put in them, lol.

you can make me one full of jewelry, small soaps, handwarmers, etc. I'll be more than happy to take them Smiley LOL..although, that would be one really big surprise ball Smiley

Marcus & I do that too. I fill his stocking & he fills mine. He is like the master of all stocking stufferers lol. Seriously, last year---he managed to fit TWO pairs of pajamas, panties, a belt, & a bunch of little stuff into a regular stocking. i was shocked. There was A BUNCHHHHH Of stuff in there. He just trys to out-do me on everything. boys.....

i tendto like practical stuff too. i think i may steal your bros idea & tell my family whose broke to just get me  a small stocking with staple items in them ie small shampoos, soaps, etc. they are all very stubborn. I say "I dont want anything..." & they buy me stuff. Or i say, spend what you would on me & marcus' gifts on my sister...nope. idk i'll just have to figure something out. because the "Make me something" doesn't fly either. They say. "LIKE WHAt!?" lol if i told them, its not really a surprise is it!?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008 08:09:36 AM »

my mommy always fills our stockings with fun stuff... Cheesy
lipgloss
small toys that are inside jokes or my mom thinks are cute.
hair stuff.
jewelry.
candy.-we get pez (pezz peez???) dispensers almost every year.
small games
art supplies.-we get glue and glue sticks every year...
because we always seem to need it when we can't find any Wink

i love the surprise balls also...so fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008 09:34:54 AM »

0oh man. i would love to get glue sticks in mine. marcus always picks me up stickers  & scrapbooking stuff for my stocking. lol my baby must love me to go into joann fabrics alone. he hates the craft stores... hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
knittingal

The Phantom of the Opera is there...*ooh, where?*

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008 08:06:10 AM »

what great ideas! although a quick question - i'm from the uk, does nayone know where I could get the clear ball at the centre of the crepe paper from? ta! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit,
knit a lil scarf for me!
Cheesy
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008 09:28:01 AM »

hobbycraft, i imagine! or failing that, bundle something like socks into something resembling a sphere, or wrap a pretty bauble for their tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
fionaswampington
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008 08:43:19 PM »

We always recieved as kids, and now give as parents to our boys, the lifesaver storybooks. They are harder and harder to find. Last year I found a pooping reindeer (he pooped brown jellybeans) and sent that to my man who was having a poopy Christmas in Iraq.
I think this year I'll put warm flannel jammie bottoms in a stocking, and some massage oil and a note "i'll give you a massage if you take off these jammies" or something sexy like that.
P~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spatchin911
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008 08:13:58 PM »

My husband gets the best stocking stuffers. One year EVERYONE got whoopie cushions, then there were the screaming flying monkeys, pez dispensers, gummy things (never bears), yo-yos, finger puppets, super balls, temporary tatoos. I'm in charge of sensible things, lip balm, lotion, gum, mints, candy, tangerines, apples, new shoelaces, new toothbrushes, etc. And all in my family are over 25 except for our new grand who will be one just after Christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008 10:30:41 AM »

My husband gets the best stocking stuffers. One year EVERYONE got whoopie cushions, then there were the screaming flying monkeys, pez dispensers, gummy things (never bears), yo-yos, finger puppets, super balls, temporary tatoos. I'm in charge of sensible things, lip balm, lotion, gum, mints, candy, tangerines, apples, new shoelaces, new toothbrushes, etc. And all in my family are over 25 except for our new grand who will be one just after Christmas!

LOL another idea came from this idea. For my bf's oldest son [10] I always get him those "stink bags" you can order them in bulk on ebay. well. let me tell you. DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS OPEN THEM IN YOUR HOUSE. We let his son open one in a hotel room. BAD BAD BAD idea. We had to evacuate. 5 hrs later....still horrible smelling & it was all throughout the entire 3rd floor of the hotel. BUT he loves them. s0o i oblige. santa apparently has a wonderful sense of humor Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
dancedupapillon
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008 02:25:26 PM »

For the past two Christmas, I've given my boyfriend "stuffed" gifts (slippers one year, socks last year) and they've always gone over well.  This year I made him a tuque (a knitted beanie-esque hat, for those of you who aren't Canadian).  Since he has a really big head, I have my work cut out for me.  I went to a great battery-free toy store while visiting my sister in Vancouver and found

- glider planes
-pick up sticks
- a baloon hellicopter thing
-a windup dinosaur and a windup turtle
- a train whistle (this year's musical instrument)
- a planet Earth bouncy ball

Other things I've done over the years:
-easy to play musical instruments (one every year... a kazoo, a harmonica, some castanets...)
-a soapstone whale
-toy dinosaurs
-handmade stuffies
-apple cider mix
-condoms (inside origami stars, but these would be GREAT in surprise balls...)
-Hershey kisses
-crayons
-playing cards and a cribbage board

As you can probably tell, my boyfriend is a huge goofball.  I haven't made anything as a stuffer yet, but I'll keep you all posted when I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Stock
How to Make Herb Butter
How to Make Chicken Brine
Making Lamb Stew With Root Vegetables
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...