here are a few things i think i'll be doing this year.
- small amigurumi (i love PepperKitty's octopi - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114316.0
- soft christmas trees http://littlebirds.typepad.com/little_birds_handmade/2006/11/soft_tree_patte.html
- themed mix CDs (i've done a punk rock christmas, and this year a "night out in warrington" mix)
- resin bottlecap magnets (hopefully to go with a larger bottlecap drinks tray)
- homemade granola (what? my family really like cereal, and granola is really expensive to make or buy)
- little recipe books (lots of friends who have just left home and write to me asking for my recipes)
- local beers (i've moved away and 4 different 4-packs from the market mix-and-matched is gifts for 4 of my beer-loving family members)
- surprise balls from notmartha http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/surpriseballs/
- for your SO: a little black book of naughty pictures? it's on my list this year. sexy without being very revealing.
- small cross-stiches, embroideries, paintings or collages (whatever your craft) framed.
- embellish cheap gloves with embroidery, felt applique, and buttons. put a message on the knuckles of fingerless gloves for tattoo-free toughness!
- when my little bro first got into piercing, i got him a teeny compartmented box (like for beads) and a few bits of jewellery and some saline to clean them with. big hit!
- little handbound or decorated journals. who doesn't like a nice blank notebook?
- etched glasses are always a hit. pint or shot glasses for the drinker, tumblers for everyone else.
- jars of cocoa mix, spice rub, or long-lasting cookies like biscotti.
- homemade truffles, yum! oreo truffles were big on this board last christmas.
i shall return when i have more ideas!