A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,047
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Poppets!  (Read 1625 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet , doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 15, 2008 03:19:12 PM »

Well I finally got around to uploading my poppet pics!!
The first poppet I made was out of velour and it stretched all weird.. I didnt' double check the stretch of the fabric so the legs were really long and there were many parts that were pulling away. My step-daughter loved the doll and was playing with it alot and it just wasn't holding up. Also I used chenelle for the hair which was very hard to sew on and it was all falling off... so I decided it was best to end her life  Cry But she was a great organ donor for my next poppet who turned out very lovely. There are still things off with it but as I make more I learn more! She does not have a name yet.. But I made her out of suede which was very hard to turn but the end results were fabulous... I'm waiting for my eyes to come in the mail so she's got no eyes! But I gave her eyebrows and a sexy little mole under where her eye will be. I also made her dress and boots (thank you Eliea for the boot tute!!!)
The second poppet here was made out of a more stretchy material.. I dont know what it is but it pulls apart very easily at the seams. I've had to fix numerous holes already. So I will not be giving her to my step daughter as originally planned. I don't think it could hold up to the abuse LOL
Without further ado here are my two nameless poppets!! (just want to also say thank you so much Ghilie and craftewoman for the patterns and tips. So muchly appreciated i'm having a blast!)

Her sexy little tatty Wink

Thanks for looking xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
jolliebell
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008 05:06:45 PM »

Very nice! I love the red hair, eyebrows and beauty mark on your first! And her tat! She is one rockin' Poppet. And your Nameless No.2 is really lovely with her voluptuous curves  and all. Will she be getting hair and eyes and all?

Don't forget to update us when they receive their names! It's so fun to hear all the Poppet names...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008 05:47:20 PM »

Very nice! I love the red hair, eyebrows and beauty mark on your first! And her tat! She is one rockin' Poppet. And your Nameless No.2 is really lovely with her voluptuous curves  and all. Will she be getting hair and eyes and all?

Don't forget to update us when they receive their names! It's so fun to hear all the Poppet names...

Thanks i'm having alot of fun making them!! They really are one of a kind Smiley No.2 will be getting clothes and hair etc. I will probably do her hair tomorrow. She turned out a bit more curvy than I expected due to the stretch of the fabric. But she's still cute!! Oh and No.1 has orange hair.. damn camera!! Smiley
 I also have some terrific ideas for gifts as far as themes go. Can't wait to get started on those!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008 10:22:59 AM »

I thought I'd replied to this all ready but I guess I didn't. *sigh*
Anywho I really love the first one she's really cute and will look even cuter once she gets eyes. Smiley
The ears are my favorite part I love that they are different than the rest of her. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellalupina
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008 06:30:10 PM »

She is so cute!  She kind of reminds me of Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I actually even like her eyes with just the brows, I thought she was smiling happy like an anime character. Smiley  And the boobified poppet looks great too, can't wait to see pictures of her all done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

http://moonlit0wolfess.deviantart.com/

www.myspace.com/katherineelisemusic

I do personal swaps!
Wajo

=>Newbie from the Netherlands<=

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008 03:46:20 AM »

I also want to say that they are really pretty poppets! I especialy like the simple eyes, good idea! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love how your eyes light up
when you see me
even though you try to hide it.
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008 09:22:43 AM »

I love the tramp stamp!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Laugh_out_Loud
There aren't enough hours in a day for crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010 04:23:56 PM »

I like the mole and the tattoo!  Tongue 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.  ~Woody Allen
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dr. Carin Rubenstein Talks About The Superior Wife Syndrome
An Author Chat with Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie Part 1
Jackson Taylor Reveals Who He Admires Most
Heather McDonald Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Susan Fales-Hill Talks About One Flight Up
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...