I made Turkey Meatloaf last night, because I've been craving comfort food lately... or actually, after trekking 3 hours in a car to the Oktoberfest on Hunter Mountain in the Catskills, and trying a "home made" German Meatloaf... which actually just tasted like a slab of hot dog... I felt the need to rekindle my love for comfort food, and make it right... and not to mention healthy!
1 1/2 lb Ground Turkey Meat
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or whole wheat)
1 medium onion grated
3 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (any kind)... I usually go for spicey, hickory or chipotle
1/2 tbsp fresh pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp. pizza pepper (optional)
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine onion, garlic, 1/4 of bbq sauce & ketchup, parsley, salt, pepper, optional spices and ground turkey meat (careful not to cross-contaminate!)
3. spray 9" loaf pan with PAM, and pack in loaf mixture.
4. Brush top of loaf with remaining ketchup and bbq mixture.
5. Grate more pepper or spices to your liking.
6. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Let stand for 10 min before serving.