A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tired of the sexy-everything costumes?  (Read 33243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miz.Persnicket
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2009 11:51:38 PM »

ugh I am SO SICK of this!
There is a "Hallowe'en" store downtown and it's full [no kidding...] of glittery giant penis', "muff inspector", slutty police/witch/penis inspector/sheriff costumes and such.

It's effing ridiculous!!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009 11:53:46 PM by Miz.Persnicket » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lucinda879
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2009 01:43:10 PM »

Unfortunately, my friends are throwing a party and the theme is "Indecent Exposure". I'm still going in a full-coverage black & white striped prisoner costume. I won't win the costume award, but I'll retain my dignity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~!kenzallan!~*
is it weird that i wish he was here?

Rock Chalk baby!!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2009 02:44:51 PM »

good for you! i wish more people would do that! granted, ill be in a skirt, but it comes to within an inch of my knees, and its gonna be pretty warm here.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I hate that Ozzy got fat and stupid. Deal with it.
            -Abby (NCIS)
amberdmc
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2009 05:01:49 PM »

I got so sick of seeing all of the "sexy everything" costumes that last year, I WAS a "ho-in-a-bag"  myself!  I bought the most conservative and cliched one I could find (french maid)...then created a clear vinyl bag, a "Ho-in-a-bag" label and some signs all over it that said things like, "no creativity required" and "condoms included"!  I even used the 50% sticker that came with the costume and stuck it on.  Got lots of laughs (and a few dirty looks from girls who actually WERE wearing the ho in a bag costume)!

This is my first post...so they won't let me post pics...but here are the links!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/118460_17Oct09_P9250008.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/118460_17Oct09_P9250009.jpg

THIS ROCKS   Logged
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2009 06:51:06 PM »

I got so sick of seeing all of the "sexy everything" costumes that last year, I WAS a "ho-in-a-bag"  myself!  I bought the most conservative and cliched one I could find (french maid)...then created a clear vinyl bag, a "Ho-in-a-bag" label and some signs all over it that said things like, "no creativity required" and "condoms included"!  I even used the 50% sticker that came with the costume and stuck it on.  Got lots of laughs (and a few dirty looks from girls who actually WERE wearing the ho in a bag costume)!

This is my first post...so they won't let me post pics...but here are the links!

LOVE IT!  It's modest and cool. I'm hitting this rocks - and I might do something similar!

I hate the actual "Ho-in-a-bag" creations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
ragdollpirate
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2009 07:31:52 PM »

I love it! I also hit this rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ~Veronica Mars
ragdollpiratedesigns.etsy.com
clrowi
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2009 10:48:52 AM »

I made it through about 7 pages, and now I have to comment, sorry if this is repeating anyone!

In spirit of the original "sexy-everything" post, I thought I would give a little visual comparison for anyone interested:

REGULAR:

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SEXY?:

REGULAR:

REGULAR:

It's not a matter of appropriate vs inappropriate or anything, it's a matter of literally, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SEXY??? If you want to go as a pirate, then go as a pirate and if you want to go as a sultress, go as one... but why the need to mix the two?Huh??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GodComplex
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2009 12:54:10 PM »

I actually think halloween is a great excuse to look slutty!

If you got it, flaunt it. And honestly... Darth Vaderette looks pretty darn good to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*~!kenzallan!~*
is it weird that i wish he was here?

Rock Chalk baby!!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2009 10:45:46 PM »

really?? a sexy darth vader? all that vinyl/pleather crap cant be comfortable. and all the shots where she has her hands in her crotch are nice too. and ill probably see someone in something similar.....
 Roll Eyes
oh the joys of being in high school......i had a friend suggest my costume was too modest. shes being an emo prom queen (which i find kind of offensive. i dont know why she decided to go with us. we didnt invite her!) complete with slashed wrists and eyeliner 5" thick. and the teeniest skirt ive ever seen. i swear some of the ho-in-a-bag costumes cover more!

and i dont care if people dress slutty if there legally an adult and wont be with/seen by little kids. if youre in college and are going to be at a party with people your own age, i could care less what you look like. if youre in high school/middle school/anything below that and are dressed in a H-I-A-B costume, or if youre going to be around or seen by little kids then i have a problem with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I hate that Ozzy got fat and stupid. Deal with it.
            -Abby (NCIS)
ragdollpirate
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2009 11:00:13 PM »

really?? a sexy darth vader? all that vinyl/pleather crap cant be comfortable. and all the shots where she has her hands in her crotch are nice too. and ill probably see someone in something similar.....
 Roll Eyes
oh the joys of being in high school......i had a friend suggest my costume was too modest. shes being an emo prom queen (which i find kind of offensive. i dont know why she decided to go with us. we didnt invite her!) complete with slashed wrists and eyeliner 5" thick. and the teeniest skirt ive ever seen. i swear some of the ho-in-a-bag costumes cover more!

and i dont care if people dress slutty if there legally an adult and wont be with/seen by little kids. if youre in college and are going to be at a party with people your own age, i could care less what you look like. if youre in high school/middle school/anything below that and are dressed in a H-I-A-B costume, or if youre going to be around or seen by little kids then i have a problem with it.

I completely agree with you to a point. I personally love Halloween and used to go out with my husband and before that my friends to parties or bars for Halloween parties. Now however, since people decide to do the ho in a bag costumes (that I find to be disgusting and always have) I stay home because it is better that I don't start puking from the T&A being flashed around. Which means that I don't go out for Halloween I don't get to have fun because to go out means that I am going to be stuck dealing with a bunch of want to be street walkers and if I want to see a street walker I can go to that side of town and see as many as I want. Which really sucks. I am stuck at home on the holiday I love because everyone else wants to be a ho for Halloween. How is that fair? I didn't mind them so much until a few years ago when no one would listen to me about a girl who had been obviously drugged at a club and she and all of her friends (well the whole bar except me and my friends) were in ho in a bag costumes and the next day on the front page of the paper it had something about several girls being drugged and raped on the night before who had gone to that bar. Now ho in a bag costumes make me sick and my Fave holiday has been taken over by them and rapes. Thank you ho in a bag costumes for ruining a fun holiday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in." ~Veronica Mars
ragdollpiratedesigns.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Natural Looking False Eyelashes at the Dennis Basso Spring 2014 Show
Top Cosmetic Injection Questions Answered
2014 Grammys Beauty Trends
An Anti Aging Moisturizer That’s Worth the Splurge
The Best Enzymes for Your Skin Type
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...