A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WOW, we Wisconsinites must be too busy crafting!!  (Read 3460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 13, 2008 07:11:15 AM »

Just thought I would post a topic here as this board gets no love!!  I live in Greenfield and I am currently working on a Fall Scarf Swap for craftster here, and my yarn collection keeps growing faster then I can use it!  I have several other projects started right now too!

Where are you located and what is your current project?

Lovies,
Nicole
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008 07:12:08 AM by elociNNicole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008 09:11:35 AM »

let's see - my projects are mostly on ravelry - but I've been working on:

1.  wing o the moth shawl in a cotton/rayon blend (done)
2.  forest canopy shawl in noro kureyon sock yarn (done)
3.  striped lacy socks in ONline supersocke cotton (done)
4.  tahoe sweater for my mom (just needs seaming and the button band)
5.  pangea's shawl KAL (on the needles, clue 2 just came out today)
6.  blue jeans shawl in handmaiden seasilk (on the needles)

and i may cast on another pair of quickie, self-patterning socks, just cause i like handknitted socks.

(that whacko in waukesha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008 09:53:45 AM »

let's see - my projects are mostly on ravelry - but I've been working on:

1.  wing o the moth shawl in a cotton/rayon blend (done)
2.  forest canopy shawl in noro kureyon sock yarn (done)
3.  striped lacy socks in ONline supersocke cotton (done)
4.  tahoe sweater for my mom (just needs seaming and the button band)
5.  pangea's shawl KAL (on the needles, clue 2 just came out today)
6.  blue jeans shawl in handmaiden seasilk (on the needles)

and i may cast on another pair of quickie, self-patterning socks, just cause i like handknitted socks.

(that whacko in waukesha)

whoa!  you really are whacko in waukesha!!  haha, just kidding!  I am totally intimidated by knit socks!  I do a toe up crochet sock but they just are not the same!  And I usually just make little toe covers because I just end up scrunching my sock down so my heel is sock free anyways...  now who's the wacko one??? 

Thanks for sharing! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
elleb

The economy's tough, gotta make my own stuff now..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008 03:48:35 PM »

Do you sew also? I am interested in learning how to do both (sewing and Crochet) but I don't know who to ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a fashionable day Wink
elociNNicole

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008 08:15:07 AM »

Hi elleb,

no, I really don't sew.  Well, I have a sewing machine that sits in my closet most of the time.  I've made my curtains and thats pretty much it.  I pretty much just crochet and knit.  I taught myself both by checking out books from the library since I know no one that is even remotely crafty. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TartDeco
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008 03:20:28 PM »

Hi all! Just joined today. I am a double grad major so I don't have ALOT of time to craft, but I do have an online store where I sell my stuff- www.TartDeco.etsy.com

I sell hair flowers/feather fascinators and mini top hats in wedding, Art Deco, 1940s, Pin-up, rockabilly, steampunk and burlesque styles. I am also getting ready to add neck corsets and pasties. Almost all of my stuff uses vintage items in them, so I try to stay in that vein. I'm also a seamstress and am finishing up a victorian waistcoat to wear to WindyCon.

No- I don't sleep.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tart Deco
Trinkets & Doodads
Lotuspixie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008 10:16:43 AM »

Hey wisconsin chickies

I'm a grad student in madison.  meaning even though i have a little free time, by brain is usually too burned out to get much done.

But the projects i'm working on are:
1) love beads quilt (from funkiquilts book) for my best friend's wedding
2) knitted afghan featuring a legend of zelda ocarina of time theme (super geeky, i know, but i'm a science nerd anyways, so what can you expect?)
3) sewing a wallet for myself
4) sewing a pouch/strap to keep my mp3 player in that i can strap to my arm while working in lab

happy crafting!
-amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
MidwestDiva
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008 02:24:16 PM »

Im in Madison too!

im busy working on a yoyo quilt. I am a new to sewing but Im loving it. I tried knitting but it did not go well. I crochet a little. All I know how to do is a single stich.  So I can only do scarfs...lol

Im going on vacation soon..  Wish I could bring my sewing suff on the plane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008 02:22:44 PM »

Looks like everyone IS pretty busy crafting!  I am also included in this Smiley.

I've been working on allll sorts of goodies for the Holiday Craftacular, here in Madison, that I'm going to be a vendor for this Saturday, the 6th.

I'm so excited!  It's my first craft show.   Man, I sure hope I sell a few things!  It's in the Masonic Center on Wisconsin Avenue and there's a big room and a little room...and I got put in the little, off to the side room Sad  Hope that doesn't affect me too much.  Here's a little taste of what I have to offer (but there will be more!) :  jreneedesign.etsy.com

Im in Madison too!

im busy working on a yoyo quilt. I am a new to sewing but Im loving it. I tried knitting but it did not go well. I crochet a little. All I know how to do is a single stich.  So I can only do scarfs...lol

What kind of sewing stuff would you be hoping to do?  By hand?  Because that's still feasible on a plane - I just use a nailclipper to cut any threads.  However, if you are wishing you could bring your sewing machine on a plane, that's a different story...hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
MidwestDiva
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008 05:22:54 PM »

Looks like everyone IS pretty busy crafting!  I am also included in this Smiley.

I've been working on allll sorts of goodies for the Holiday Craftacular, here in Madison, that I'm going to be a vendor for this Saturday, the 6th.

I'm so excited!  It's my first craft show.   Man, I sure hope I sell a few things!  It's in the Masonic Center on Wisconsin Avenue and there's a big room and a little room...and I got put in the little, off to the side room Sad  Hope that doesn't affect me too much.  Here's a little taste of what I have to offer (but there will be more!) :  jreneedesign.etsy.com

Im in Madison too!

What kind of sewing stuff would you be hoping to do?  By hand?  Because that's still feasible on a plane - I just use a nailclipper to cut any threads.  However, if you are wishing you could bring your sewing machine on a plane, that's a different story...hehe.

Oh I wish I didnt have to work today!  I wanted to go to the show.  Why cant it be 2 days long!  How was it today?

I was trying to make my yoyo quilt.  Do you think they will let me bring it? I just need one little needle.  I dont mind not even having scissors. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Farai Chideya Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Meet Author Stephen King
Meet Writer Blair Underwood
Captured Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Reads from The Red Queen Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...