A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Group Projects?  (Read 473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brookelynne
« on: October 13, 2008 05:01:01 AM »

Is there anything that could be worked on by two people at once and become some type of group project?
I want some type of bonding project that me and someone else could work on together, but I can't think of anything besides squares that would work.
Ideas or experiences welcome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008 11:45:04 AM »

I think a free-form crochet project would be great for this group idea.  People could work together adding different stitches in different random colors to make it really unique and as it gets bigger, it would be easier to get more people to work on it.  Maybe a large afghan or "crocheted art wall hanging?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.com
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
ZellaBella
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008 01:37:57 PM »

how about this? http://sarah-london.blogspot.com/2008/08/hawaiian-flowers.html or is it still too squares like (um if that makes sence)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookelynne
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008 07:31:29 AM »

Thanks for the replies, a freeform project sounds pretty cool, I want it to be something that two people were working on at the same time, squares and seperate peices would feel too much like working on different things.
Plus one of the people I want to work on it with is a boy who doesn't like to make flowers lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008 07:35:20 AM »

make a small starter square and then you can both work it from opposite corners and spiral round into a large square blanket
or you could make a small starter bit and work away from each other and make a scarf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008 04:37:36 AM »

I know you aren't wanting to work on squares but how about this one?  It would be very symbolic too!
Okay. Of course now I can't find the link... I will see if I can find it.
It looked like a yin yang - with two intertwined circles.  You could make one of the circles and he can make the other and then you can both work on the finishing spots - at that point you could make them in to anything - a hat, tote, afghan, scarf, whatever you want.
I think having the two intertwined circles would be incredibly symbolic - and not so girly girl.

There aren't too many things I can think of that would be duo tolerant other than squares - but anything that is worked in pieces could become a join project... like say you both agreed on a sweater pattern - you could make the front, he could make the back and you both make a sleeve - ya know what I mean?  As long as you both get your gauge in sync all will be good in the end.

I will see if I can find that link for the blanket.  It is actually one of my wips - I ran out of the yarn I was using and it was long gone discontinued so I had to stop... One of these days I will finish it.... and give it away. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
unikatissima
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008 02:26:20 AM »

I don't have new ideas, but I think, too, that a freeform project would be great. You could work on it together by using the same skeins of yarn or by making everybody one scrumble and then sewing them together immediately.
You can also alternately add scrumbles (see the evolution of the scrumble at knotjustknitting.com).

To see how others made this, you can check the Google search result for 'freeform crochet group project'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work on a scenic photograph in Photoshop
How to Tidy Up Your Images in Photoshop
How to Create a gallery image Part 1/2
How to fix reflection in xmas balls in Photoshop
How to Create a composite in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...