A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fluffy Lace Camisole from Weekend Knitting  (Read 4791 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vysews
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2005 04:12:38 PM »

Hoorah, hoorah, I'm almost done! My sweet hubby gave me plenty of knitting time this weekend. I added 2" of length to the main part of the camisole because all the of the tank tops I have that I could wear under it are 13" or 14" from the bottom edge to the armhole, not 12". That side "seam" is still pretty conspicuous, but it's probably the best I can do. Now, I'm going to have to learn how to do that crochet chain for the edges. I do have enough yarn left that I've decided to double up on the yarn and do the croceht chain with that, rather than with DMC.

Hopefully will have pics before too long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vysews
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005 03:07:55 PM »

Whew, I'm done! The finishing took a lot longer than I thought it would--mostly because I hadn't crocheted before and had to redo a few times before I got it to where I liked it. Anyhow, here is the finished product, with and without the cowl...

http://soknitpicky.myblogsite.com/_photos/FluffyLace.jpg

It is very light yet soft and snuggly. I'm pleased with it. If I had it to do over, I'd probably make the cowl smaller and figure out something for that side "seam"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:05:59 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005 04:17:16 PM »

vysews, it looks beautiful!  gorgeous soft color and your cowl drapes perfectly.  It even looks great without the cowl.  Well done - it just looks waaaay better than mine did.  Smiley  Congrats on a project well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005 04:52:53 PM »

V - looks gorgeous! Great job!  That cowl will look fantastic under your coats too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005 12:25:45 PM »

That is fab work!  I've still only done a few rows on mine, because of work setting me back and being too tired to knit in the evening Sad  But you have inspired me to get going on it again!  Love the cowl too.  Can't wait to get it done now Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.co.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
vysews
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005 04:06:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was excited to have made something that was sort of fitted (as opposed to shawls, scarves, purses, etc). I will be here to cheer you all on and can't wait to see your progress pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2005 12:19:55 AM »

Can anyone suggest an alternative to DMC Perle Cotton 5?  I'm having trouble finding it in the shops (most of them stock Anchor), and the UK internet sites aren't too good at showing the colour range, so unless I buy black to trim my cami, I will have problems finding a nice colour match for it Sad

Incidentally, I'm still going slowly on this, but it is moving quicker than the first row - I'm hoping to get a few inches done this weekend Cheesy  Also put an order in for some Denise Interchangables at the only UK place I can find who does them - hoorah!  Am all excited!  It means I don't have to hunt around for a smaller length for the cowl (for some reason a lot of shops only do 80cm length...  and shipping on one needle is stupid on the web)

[edit] Nevermind about the alternatives to DMC - I've managed to find somewhere that had a decent sample chart on it and ordered some.  Touch wood it will match the yarn...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005 05:00:40 AM by bryonyramsden » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.co.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
vysews
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2005 07:30:35 PM »

B--if your DMC doesn't work out...I liked mine just fine using 2 strands of the kidsilk to crochet the edging. And good luck getting your Denise set---I really love mine. Can't wait to see progress pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Carol Cassella: What Are You Reading?
Glen Berger: What Are You Reading?
Christopher Rice on His Supernatural Thriller
Anjelica Huston on Her Childhood Secrets
10 Questions For Reggie Jackson
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...