A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fluffy Lace Camisole from Weekend Knitting  (Read 4693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vysews
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005 06:04:42 PM »

Have you all started yet? I began the cowl and love the lace pattern. Only thing is that once I start the camisole, I will probably modify row 3 of the lace pattern in the round. It starts out

K2, *yo, sl1, etc.*.

I think that first K2 just ends up leaving an area that is too obviously different from the rest of it. I'm not going to frog what I have (I've already mentioned how hard that is!), but when I do the camisole itself, I'll probably start row 3 right off with the yo, sl1, etc. when working in the round. It won't make a difference in the stitch count or anything (I don't think!) and when I tried it once, it looked better.

A clarification of what I wrote above...since you are doing an extra yo, it will result in an added stitch on row 3. But because you'll drop that yo anyway on row 4, the net result is the same. Hope I didn't confuse anyone!  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005 09:01:29 PM »

After the SnBn capelet, I am grateful for all clarifications!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vysews
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005 04:34:02 AM »

Are you guys interpreting the yarn requirements to mean what you need for just the camisole or for the camisole plus the cowl? I had thought it meant for both, but as I go along, I suspect that it's only enough for the camisole. Has anyone out there in forum land finished this project?--if so, can you comment about how much yarn you needed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005 08:57:28 AM »

Yay!  I was only thinking about this the other day, as I couldn't decide whether to make this or Butterfly in Rowan 37, but this looks easier Smiley  I have my yarn, but I want to practice the stitch in some oddments first before I go whole hog, because of the mohair/frogging thing being evil Smiley

I was thinking that the yarn requirments would be for the cami and cowl together, too -  I heard one ball goes quite a long way?

I'm so glad other people are making this at the same time as me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
zzjulia

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005 11:07:54 AM »

I remember thinking the yardage being enough for both the cami and the cowl.  In any event, I decided to just do the cowl first because if the dyelot isn't the same and I need to buy more for the cami, it would be better to have all the same dyelot for the cami and it won't be too noticeable if the cowl is slightly off from the cami.  Actually considering you have to wear a tank under the cami anyway, it wouldn't probably be noticeable at all if the dyelots changed mid cami.

yarn photo since I have not started any actual knitting yet  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzjulia

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2005 01:26:39 AM »

knittyboard had a discussion on this project, and here is a link to someone's gorgeous finished lacy cowl and cami:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v647/sewiknit/?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vysews
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2005 06:02:49 AM »

zzjulia, do you have the link to the knittyboard discussion? I couldn't find it.

I heard from glorianna that she made the smallest size and really did only need 2 balls, so that's reassuring. She told me, though, that she had trouble with the drape of the cowl and the boxiness of the tank itself, so we'll have to watch for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2005 09:00:21 AM »

Well I just cast on, spent an hour knitting the first row (Addi Turbos and Kid Silk Haze do not go well together Sad  The stitches were slipping all over the place!), and then realised that I had one stitch too many at the end of the row  Angry  I think I must have missed a stitch somewhere, cos I cast on putting markers at every 25 stitches.  Poo!  Luckily I managed to frog most of it, but I'll have to scrap the cast on section because that is too meshed together to rip apart without, well, ripping it apart!

I think I'll have a rest and some dinner before I start again.  Or maybe I'll just cast on first... Cheesy  I have high hopes for this one though!

PS Thank you for the comment on my blog Vysews Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
vysews
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2005 07:36:01 PM »

Yes, those first few rows were not fun. But it goes much better after that, so don't despair!

I finished the cowl and made a lot of headway into the camisole itself. I got nervous that I was going to run out of yarn, so the cowl is only 10" instead of 12". Even with that, it took up the vast majority of one ball. I did run out and buy an extra ball so that I'd have the same dye lot, but if I don't end up having to use it, then that would save a little $.

I was off on the stitch gauge (not the row gauge, though), but coincidentally, the circumference of the cowl turned out to be the exact circumference I wanted for the camisole (chest measurement minus 2). So I decided not to sweat it. I'll make adjustments later when it comes to shaping the armhole and neck. I think I want to change up the neck to a scoopneck instead of a V-neck anyway. I just have to figure out how! Tongue

I've tried on what I have so far. The camisole is blocky, but the lace pattern is so stretchy that I hope blocking will help give it more of a shape. If I had enough skill, I'd take some stiches in for the waist. But I don't feel confident doing it with the pattern, and I'm trying to avoid any kind of frogging at all costs Smiley

I've been disregarding that first k2 on row 3 of the lace pattern in the round. While you can still see the "seam" at the beginning of the round, to me it's less obvious than when you do the k2.

Hope you all are having success!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzjulia

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2005 12:26:44 AM »

Bought my DMC perle at Michael's today.  Luckily had a matching color (one left!!!)

Here is the knittyboard link:
http://knittyboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=52868#52868
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katie Holmes Shows Collection at NYFW
Top 3 NFL Looks For Women
Style Sound Off: The Brits Go Head-To-Head
How to Do Metallic Fashion
Shakira: Steal Her Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...