A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
305 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: chuck from pushing daisies costume? help!  (Read 3140 times)
Tags for this thread: pushing_daisies , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Riddikulus
« on: October 12, 2008 07:47:32 PM »

so, after debating and finally deciding against my boyfriend's mother's suggestion of ginger from gilligan's island, and after giving a hearty no thanks to friends who told me i should masquerade as sarah palin, and finally after giving what was probably perceived as a fairly rude NO WAY IN HELL to those who said i should be the jay to my boyfriend's silent bob.. yes, after these things, i decided i might be able to pull off chuck from pushing daisies. mostly, i just decided i would enjoy this more than anything.

i know, i know, it might not be the most recognizable costume, but the party i'm going to, a lot of people *should* recognize and appreciate it.

i'm currently facing an onslaught of tests (and am definitely putting off studying for one as we speak), but once they end, i'm going on a thrift/bargain-shopping spree and hopefully hunting down:

- one adorable, knee-length summer dress
- a pair of huge sunglasses
- a pretty scarf to tie around my head
- some cute heels/wedges to match

and i've resolved to start experimenting with some cup pie recipes i've found on the internet. which is daunting, because i'm not much of a cook! anyway, i plan on hopefully having this perfected in time for halloween, and making a couple dozen for the party i'm going to. i'd like to package them all cute, too, in pie hole cake boxes!

but i'm trying to think.. on the one hand, the shades and scarf kind of help in the identification of who i'll be portraying.. but i'd kind of like to have my hair all down and curly-like. and this house will likely be dark, and i'm extremely clumsy, so sunglasses may not work so well.

so in the event that i say no to these things, what are some other elements i can add to my costume to make it more chuck-like?

any suggestions are certainly appreciated!

oh, and for reference, here's a picture of me and a picture of chuck:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008 10:52:34 PM by Riddikulus » THIS ROCKS   Logged
faithsmama
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008 08:10:52 PM »

ooh super cute, love her and love the show! i'd go hair down and wavy, that's how she is most shows...maybe tuck a daisy behind your ear? and i'd try for a bright red or yellow retro look dress. or if you wanted, you could get something bee related? i like the idea of the pie hole boxes! good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieMama
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008 08:45:48 PM »

if i can make a teensy suggestion, maybe some type of gloves? like oven mits
i think it would add to the character n the fact her and the main dude cant touch

and i looove that show, i think ur costumes gunna look sooo cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riddikulus
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008 11:27:38 PM »

oh, i love the daisy behind the ear idea AND the gloves idea! hahaha i'm so excited. thanks you guys!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogwoodbonsai
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008 04:56:16 AM »

Good idea...and you do resemble her. 

Sometimes she wears a belted rain coat.  I think it's a trench but not sure.

You could get a few fake bees and attach them to some thin wire and pin them in your hair.

That's a great show.  I LOVE all the bright colors and quirky costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008 07:27:13 AM »

Awesome costume idea!  You could see if you could find a cardigan, she seems to be in to the layer thing.  Or an apron, a really brightly colored apron.  Cheesy  Good luck!  Please get some photos of the completed look(s) so we can share in your cuteness!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riddikulus
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008 03:48:14 PM »

awww, wow, the bee idea is super cute too! and i think a cardigan would work quite nicely! the dress i just bought is a couple of sizes too big, and getting it altered may be a bit more expensive than i'd like to pay, so i may just end up pinning the sides.. in which case, a cardigan would hide those pesky little pins!

speaking of, this is the dress i bought:

after hours of searching through like a dozen stores, i was down to a couple: dillard's and ross. i completely exhausted the local thrift store lineup and had found absolutely nothing that came even close. it was rather disheartening! i went into dillard's thinking i wouldn't find anything, or the one thing i *did* find would be like 200 bucks. but then i found this beauty! we fell in love at first sight. i saw and knew it was the dress. best thing? it was on sale for 40 bucks. which is a bit more than i intended to spend, but it's so absolutely precious that i know i'll wear it again.. and plus, the original price was bound to be around $150 or so. the back has adorable detailing but i'm too lazy to get a picture of it. let's just say it's VERY chuck-like. i could totally see her wearing this!

so now i just need to get some shoes! which i may be able to borrow a pair from a friend.

everything seems like it's coming together now that i have the dress! hahaha. i'm really so very excited.

thanks you guys for all the wonderful suggestions!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008 03:50:01 PM by Riddikulus » THIS ROCKS   Logged
athenaknits?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008 04:38:00 PM »

Or you cold put on a large sunhat and some glasses, like she wears out and about as a disguise.  I love this idea though, I love almost everything she wears.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artcat81

No Power in the 'Verse can stop me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008 07:25:52 AM »

cute lil knitted sweaters are something she wears quite often too.

I support the bees on wires idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
"Normal is a failure of Potential" - Eli Stone
ladyluck777
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008 08:28:40 AM »

I'd love to see a picture of your final product!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Short Hair Styles for Women
How to Find the Perfect Hair Color for You
How to Cover Gray Hair
How to Do a Curly Updo in 5 Minutes or Less
Make Me Up: Taylor Swift Vogue Cover Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...