A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Party  (Read 684 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tickle_Me_Pink
« on: October 12, 2008 02:48:38 PM »

This year, I'm going to try and persuade my parents to let me have a christmas party with about 13 girls. Just from like 5 - 11 or something like that. Here's what I have planned so far...

Activites:

-sledding
-white elephant gift exchange (everyone brings and wraps a 15$ gift, and than you trade them, but it's a game. Super fun.)
-talking
-dance game thing that we always do at my parties

Food:

-pizza (homemade)
-chips
-soda
-xmas cookies/ice cream

Decorations:

-green/red crepe paper

I need help! Especially when it comes to decorations! My walls are already green, so it's a good start, haah. Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008 01:11:07 PM »

Well, I'm kind-of a nut for parties, so I'm already planning my Christmas party too!  Here's what I had planned for decorations: snowball and white lights, candles, greenery, tree dressed in white snowflakes and ornaments, white ribbon, mistletoe ball.  You can get greenery in like 6' long strands from the dollar store.  Candles are really nice for Christmas parties and you could get crafty making festive holders for them.  I'm also having a cookie decorating station and a hot cocoa bar, and with all the decorations set out those will look festive.  Your girls will especially like the hot cocoa after seldding!  Here are my ideas for the fixings:
* hot cocoa bar: mugs, hot cocoa, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, cinnamon, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, candy canes, creamer, nutmeg, caramel syrup, vanilla extract
*cookie decorating station: sugar cookies, lots of frosting, sprinkles, red hots, chocolate chips
I hope you can do that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Tickle_Me_Pink
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008 07:00:39 AM »

Oh! I love the cookie decorating idea! Thanks so much Smiley

Anyone else?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
L_is_for_lobotomy
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008 02:05:16 PM »

My roomate and I are throwing a Christmas party as well (but think more drunken debauchery than cookie decorating and sledding  Embarrassed)
We're going for a super cheesy Christmas theme, like enouraging people to wear crazy christmas sweaters or show up dressed as the three wisemen or baby jesus.  alternatively, our backup plan was a fancy dress christmas party.  those are always fun too.

as far as decorations go we bought a ton of christmas lights and are stringing them up through the whole apartment.  i'm going to buy christmas bulbs and hang them from the lights so there's more shiny stuff going on.  then we bought a mini tree (a real tree was not within our budget) and stockings to hang up, and we might make some sort of christmas themed poster for the walls.  and since we have a red couch, we might use that as a set up for fake family christmas portraits of the guests.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Museum Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Mode
Canon A610/A620: Set Landscape Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Kids/Pets Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...