A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gangsta fairy tale costume help?  (Read 900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kittodejemm
« on: October 11, 2008 05:39:23 PM »

So,  I was trying to think of a costume and some how my warped brain came up with little red riding hood in the hood. 

So far I have a red coca-cola hoodie.

Any suggestions besides that, so I don't look like some one who didn't dress up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008 01:25:08 PM »

Lunch box?  Axe?  A tattoo somewhere visible that says either "Little Red" or "Big Bad Red" or something similar to that.  You could get one of those big, giant wolf's head pendants.  There's a contemporary faerie artist who did an amazing updated Little Red photoshoot with a girl in a red hoodie that was haunting, but I can't find it now.  Maybe someone else knows who it is?  Sounds like a fun costume, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008 07:37:13 PM »

Lots of "bling" and gold details on your clothes. I work at JcPenney and we sell this "south pole" stuff and all of it seems to have gold details. I would say large saggy pants, but thats only on guys. But there are large, glittery name brands on anything in that section. Gold paint, glitter, and rhinestones.
I would say, have a tube top and some large gold jewelry. And hold an accent all night. And long fake nails. Maybe crimp your hair, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieMama
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008 08:53:56 PM »

haha, as a chick from Brooklyn New York, i can give you the BEST suggestions hehe or at least some decent ones

im not sure if i can post pix to show u what i mean but hopefully it comes across well

u sooo need a name plate belt, either shell out like 5 to seven bux for one or make a cost efficent one outta card board n tin foil, hehe, n have it say some thin like "lil' Red" or "red"
maybe a temp tattoo reading "granny" with a heart around it maybe, or even "wolfie" with tribal by it, everyone down here loves that stuff
u need huge flashy jewelry to get across the hood vibe
maybe some red hi top shoes or red sneakers
and i dont know if u know what these are but they look like bra straps, theyre head bands, id say wear one of those in ur hair with some hig pig tails
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftoholicthrifterista
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008 10:49:40 AM »

I think Zombiemama nailed it! also how about a "grill" (fake gold teeth). At my local supermarket's quarter toy dispensers I have seen plastic gold colored teeth and fake rubber teeth that you can paint gold. and don't forget to constantly flash gangster signs.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieMama
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008 03:09:43 PM »

haha a grill would be fantastic wouldn't it thrifterista? ooh n maybe a tricked out picnic basket for granny, u could hide a fake lil gun in it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008 12:27:10 AM »

and maybe have the wolf's tail hanging off the basket or off a belt loop as a kind of souvenir.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chelleoxford
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008 01:25:53 PM »

Accessorize with a straw bag or basket of sorts and embellish it with a "knock-off" brand label like Baby Fat or Gutchi.  Also have a big gun poking out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Maurice Hamilton Talks About Chequered Conflict
Davy Rothbart Talks About Requiem for a Paper Bag
Meet Photojournalist Kevin Rivoli
Sandra Brown Talks About Rainwater
Kate Feiffer Talks About Which Puppy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...