A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Travel Wallet NOW WITH TUTORIAL!! pg. 1  (Read 28107 times)
Tags for this thread: wallet , travel_wallet , passport_wallet , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melazane

No...No...really, I'm on the menu...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009 10:14:18 PM »

Okay, freaky! I was looking at your wallet, thinking that were just like the ones I made (six of them) with matching purses for a trip to Vancouver and trying to remember what I did in terms of snaps because I didn't have the same problem (I did use the pearl type snaps, maybe that's why). Anyway then I looked at your sig. My name too!!!!! Freaky. Smiley

Oh mine were from a pattern out of Adorn magazine. I'll have to find the pics and post them......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.  ~Joseph Brodsky
Unfinished Projects
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010 05:54:52 AM »

OK, I'll be attempting this today.  My FIL is giving us a cruise to the Caribbean in June, so I need something for my passport and other travel documents.  I'll post pictures when I'm done.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unfinished Projects
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010 03:25:32 PM »

Got mine done!   I wasn't too happy with the first one, so I did another one and like it much better.

Here's the picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010 04:56:41 PM »

oh how nice to add the trim around the pieces!

also, to add a zipper to the pattern!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unfinished Projects
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010 05:56:36 AM »

Thanks!  I think the "trim" add a lot. I wanted it to look kind of like piping, but that didn't work.  It was HARD to get the extra fabric in there!  The corners are not great, but it looks much better than the first one I made w/o the pink fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010 06:45:20 AM »

I have been making these for about two years--each one gets better and better Wink -- The ADORN site still carries a pattern but I have templates...

I recommend everyone try this because it is challenging enough and fun--and you can use the darn thing for everyday as well!  I slip my checkbook in and carry a small notebook where my passport would go...it is unique and people always ask where you got it...

This tutorial is wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wickedmouse
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010 08:02:03 AM »

I am definitely going to try this one. Great post.

You originally caught my eye because I am working with the exact same fabric right now! Good choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog - http://www.wantedagain.blogspot.com

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/wickedmouse

I have promises to keep...and miles to go before I sleep
beeshebags
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011 03:27:38 PM »

The first try, I attached the snaps through only one layer of fabric and it ripped out right away...the second attempt, I redid the flap with interfacing then attached the snap, but same thing, pulled out after a couple uses.  Guess I will just have to take it apart and use velcro.

I've had lots of the same issues with these snaps, and have found the reason to be that they're too tight at first.....sooooo to get around that problem, I use a similar sized drill bit to the female side of the snap and gently tap it into the hole several times....spinning it around each time and pulling it out again. (Kind of hard to explain!) This then causes the hole to open up a bit and not pull on the fabric so much when in use.  To determine the correct size of drill bit, it needs to be JUST slightly smaller than the hole in the snap...and I mean SLIGHTLY smaller...if it's too small, it won't help and if it's too big, the snap won't stay closed when you want it to!

Good luck and I hope my hint helps you.

Hugs
Naomi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Artkitty13
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011 09:54:11 AM »

I made this last night and I dyed and printed my fabric for it.  I am going to Sweden in a couple of weeks and my bag is orange and purple.  I'm very excited that it came out so cool.  I haven't put in the velcro yet, but I'm going to use velcro instead of snaps.  Smiley  

Inside

Front

Back

Thanks so much for the tutorial!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alliekat914

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012 07:03:02 AM »

I love the layout of the wallet, I may try and make one but don't know how successful it will be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Auto-Win Blackjack Table
How to Play Baccarat
Basketball Handicapping Bets Tips
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...