A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,473
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Attention Crafters: Bursting with Creativity? Come teach a class at Spark!  (Read 1193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sparkcrafts
« on: October 11, 2008 05:01:54 AM »

Teach A Class At Spark Craft Studios!

Hi! I just wanted to let all you crafty people know that Spark Craft Studios in Cambridge is currently looking for instructors to teach classes in jewelry-making, beadwork, knitting, crochet, cardmaking, and paper crafts - and anything else you can think of, so long as the emphasis is crafty crafty crafty!  I've seen some of the amazing work on craftster from the Boston / Massachusetts contingent and I know you guys are just bursting with creativity and now - here is the opportunity to inspire others!

If you are interested in teaching a class at Spark Craft Studios, please contact Bonnie at hello@sparkcrafts.com or 617.441.5200 for details.   

We are looking for contract (1099) instructors to teach their own unique classes in any of the following categories: knitting, crocheting, embroidery, cross-stitch, beaded jewelry making, metal clay, card making, scrapbooking, mosaics, paper crafts, sewing, and more! 

Your creativity is the only requirement so go ahead and pitch us an idea for a cool new class at the studio.  Classes related to creativity but not necessarily craft-focused will also be considered.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008 05:02:47 AM by sparkcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TobinArt
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008 10:56:39 AM »

hi! 
where in Cambridge is the Spark center? Smiley  i used to work in Cambridge (owned a store in the Garage) and lived in Somerville.

i embroider, teach hand painting fabric (making soft sculptures now)....

ok let me know?

tobin art
www.teckian.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bright_blue_sky
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009 04:07:37 PM »

Spark Yarns used to be in Porter Square but I believe that they have closed. A loss to the area Sad there aren't any other yarn stores that I've found near me unless I want to go to Harvard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GraceChick
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009 05:52:46 AM »

SparkCrafts closed on November 30, 2008.  Sad

I'll miss it. I learned how to make silk knotted pearl necklaces there. I don't know of any other places around Boston where I can learn more about it because I need a refresher course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taerowyn

Let's hope we're worth it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009 08:05:24 AM »

SparkCrafts closed on November 30, 2008.  Sad

I'll miss it. I learned how to make silk knotted pearl necklaces there. I don't know of any other places around Boston where I can learn more about it because I need a refresher course.

Totally random (and hopefully not too weird  Tongue), but I used to work in a bead store in college and this is one of the things I'm so happy I learned. I'd be happy to give you a refresher if you want to meet up some time in Davis/Porter area.

(though just to be sure...this is what you mean re: knotted pearls, yes? http://www.stonesandsilver.co.uk/knotted%20pearls.jpg)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009 08:08:41 AM by taerowyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Dual Macro Flash for DSLR Macro Lens
How to Create a HDR Photo
Cactus V2s Wireless Flash Trigger Review - Part 1 of 4
Cactus V2s Wireless Flash Trigger Review - Part 2 of 4
Cactus V2s Wireless Flash Trigger Review - Part 3 of 4
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...