A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,928
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Miniature potion shop interior for a small witch! The "craft" area...  (Read 7995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2008 03:25:34 AM »

As a forewarning, this post is long winded and photo heavy Smiley. So after creating the entrance to a potion shop I was inspired to start work on the interior of the space. I really wanted to stay with the natural feel of things and keep it looking rustic so I utilized as many natural materials as possible, keeping the construction of the furniture to found twigs (mostly Pine and Silver Maple found on the ground). The first interior piece I created was a large witch's workbench with ample shelving above it for bottles and herbs and plants. This is a space I would die for! There's tons of room for crafty spell working and storage. What a clever and small witch must live here. I also added some more whimsical potion ingredients in there, such as "Moondust", "Golden Sunshine", "Mermaid's breath", "Worms" and "Dragon's blood"....

Everything is sculpted using polymer clay and the only premade miniatures were the glass bottles. I guess I didn't make the beads either, but I glued them together with suuuuch finesse  Tongue . The beads are a mix of glass, shell, and plastic. I made more things for this setup such as a small grimoire but I didn't want it to be too crazy, plus I can use them for other miniatures. Also, I'm terribly exhausted. If I miss anything, let me know! Apologies for the lackluster photos.

Starting from the left side of the crafty work space... There is a small broom made with raffia and a Silver Maple twig wrapped with black wire. The shelf below holds a pitcher and two copper pots, one containing a ladle and the other a wooden spoon. A small handwoven basket made from scrapbook paper filled with small eggs sits on the upper shelf. There are several real candles in the picture, hand dipped by me, as well as some potted plants. The top left plant is pieces yanked from silk flowers, then to the right of that is actual Rosemary in the small pot, and to the right of that is Lavender. The rest of the plants are silk. There's also small muslin bags full of herbs as well. And a dinky seashell. There's a basket filled with mushrooms and another filled with bones.

In the center... There are more bottles filled with oils and herbs and other goodies. You also get a better view of the basket of mushrooms and bowl of bones. On this little witches desk space there is a mortar and pestle filled with Lavender flowers. The copper colored bowl is filled with Frankinsense resin, the bowl above it with the more brown herb is filled with Witch Hazel. The red contents of the bowl next to it is Red Sandalwood and the small bowl below it is filled with Spearmint. There's an open bottle of "golden sunshine" and more mushrooms as well as a candlestick. You can also see the bitsy skull in these pictures.
Oh! I nearly forgot about her little teacup! I imagine it's filled with Jasmine tea being that I'm quite partial to it myself  Wink

And the far right... top shelf bottles are Lavender and "Dragon's Blood" as well as a grassy type plant. The second shelf has "Moondust", three lovely jars filled with assorted things, and a glass bottle filled with "Mermaid's Breath". There is also a crystal ball and another lovely green bottle.

Thanks for looking!! Comments/criticism appreciated/welcomed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008 04:47:14 AM »

That is fantastic!  I'm amazed at your attention to detail.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008 05:48:23 AM »

this looks wonderful.  I bet you have so many hours in this.  I would love to know where you find such little bottles.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
Cealy
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008 06:29:32 AM »

FREAKING AMAZING!!! Absolutely incredible!!! Shall I go on? lol

I love it, I really like how you added the pictures on the clear bottles to depict what is inside. Your mushrooms and skull and all the plants- WOW!!!

It really reminds me of a store we had in town that sold natural herbs and 'stuff'.
Great job!
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
longtimegeek
Still crazy after all these years....

betta and betta....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008 07:33:49 AM »

wow....

WOW
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Motherfungus

What I really need are minions.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008 07:53:28 AM »

OMG!  So cute!  That must have been incredibly tedious.  Fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny, you become confused, just be nice.
highplaces
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008 09:35:05 AM »

This is sooooo cool! Must have taken a long time to make all those teensy tiny things! Great job it looks wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008 11:40:28 AM »

this looks wonderful.  I bet you have so many hours in this.  I would love to know where you find such little bottles.

I found the small glass bottles at JoAnn Fabrics. They come in 3 sizes but the two smallest are corked.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008 09:52:07 AM »

Wow!!! Just as impressive as your entrance to the potion shop post.  Wow!!! Incredible scale.  It's wonderful and I'm glad that you decided to continue on with it.  It's great!!!  So much detail.    So many small things.  Love the pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fosca
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008 01:21:35 AM »

I love it! Very well done, the details are incredible Grin
Can I recommend you a web site for inspiration? is called Ev miniatures, and all her work is stunning, I'm sure you'll find a lot of inspiration for your little house there!
the link is: http://erickav.com/evminiatures_index.htm
Again, good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Rubber Cement from Scrapbook Photos
How to Insert Refill Scrapbook Pages
How to Cut Scrapbook Photos
How to Create a Digital Scrapbook on Your Computer
How to Make Bumper Stickers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...