A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Costume help needed asap!!! please  (Read 1248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bbyrseprincess
« on: October 10, 2008 03:50:48 PM »

Alright so im in a bit of a jam. My family, boyfriend and I are going to Disneyworld for 10 days including halloween (we're leaving to go there on oct 22nd). we are going to mickeys not so scary halloween party and quite possibly trick or treating with him. so my idea for a costume is a trophy wife. i thought of carrying around a small trophy or something to that effect that says best wife or something. but i'd be dressed up like a stepford housewife. i thought it sounded cute but im lost as to what to wear or what to do about the trophy. i had a few other costume ideas in case this one doesn't work: bella from the twilight saga(i can maybe convince the boy to be edward lol) or cinderella (cause when in disney, you just have to be a character lol). im a little lost now since i like all the ideas.  Huh i could use some help from the very talented and creative craftsters Smiley
thank you!
Christine

i forgot to say that i kinda need whatever costume to fit in my one suitcase, granted its a huge suitcase but they have those rules were it can't weigh more than like 50 lbs or something like that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008 08:41:09 PM by bbyrseprincess - Reason: forgot some stuff » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with a person, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

"The last night you'll spend alone,
I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go,I'm everything you need me to be"
hellesbelles
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008 10:30:24 AM »

If you go with the trophy wife costume, a sundress with a poufier skirt and a nice straw hat would be good. Or an evening gown would be another option. Think the newer version of Stepford Wives and Nicole Kidman's look. Something breezy and 50s ish. It should be warm so you can get away with something a little more summery and you may be able to get something on sale for a great price now that the winter stuff is coming into stores if you don't already have all the pieces or a pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tclar014
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008 07:43:22 AM »

You should get a big honking fake diamond ring...I mean ridiculously big so the wife bit is highlighted. You could also do a long formal gown and at the bottom add a thick-ish(maybe a 12') black band with a gold plaque on it that says 'trophy wife' or just 'wife' or 'best wife' that way you're the trophy and you don't have to carry something around all night.
Also lots of makeup, fake nails, possibly even an orange 'tan'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieMama
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008 10:53:44 PM »

the trophy wife sounds awwwesome, but if i may make a suggestion
instead of carrying a trophy, y not wear a sash something like a prom queen that reads "trophy wife"
this way ull be hands free
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbyrseprincess
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008 05:55:07 AM »

a sash sounds way more easier to do than find a trophy. the outfit shouldn't be too hard to find. might have to do it in 2 pieces though.  thank you guys for all your great advice!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with a person, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008 09:33:23 AM »

My friend bought a trophy wife costume last year, she was actually the trophy and the costume was gold and silver and had a sash that said trophy wife.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieMama
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008 03:10:42 PM »

this costumes gunna look great, pleeeease post pix when u can
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbyrseprincess
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008 12:44:45 PM »

i wanted to let you know that i do have pictures of my costume but the cable for my camera has gone missing. i think it was left  on vacation. i will post pictures of the costume when i get my new cable. sorry Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bbyrseprincess
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008 09:21:50 AM »

ok so it only took me a month to get a new cord for the camera and then my dad shows me that on my laptop that there is a spot to put the camera memory card in Undecided  i felt like such an idiot. oh well i finally got the pictures up lol. i found a dress i liked at dressbarn and i figured i could get more than one use out of it. remember i only had a few days to do this so it might look a little rough. i wore huge pearls and this gigantic ring my parents got me. im sorry none of them are me at disney but its the thrill of being at disney that made me forget to snap a picture  Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

karmellah
Scrapbooker

Boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008 10:07:20 AM »

i work at dressbarn, recognized that dress. We didnt sell a single one at my store lol. i like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Silver Jewelry Making
Using Flex-Shaft Jewelry Tools
Using Textured Metal to Make Jewelry
Top Jewelry Making Techniques
Jewelry Soldering Basics
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...