A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery October 2008  (Read 10121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008 06:49:08 PM »

I'm soo glad you like everything!
I'll be posting tomorrow when I can get pics in the light!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008 09:34:43 PM »

I LOVE those wristlets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008 07:36:05 AM »

I got my package from Pogo while I was away on a little road trip! What a great thing to come home to!  Grin
Here is all the loot together.

My beautiful fall colored Rapunzel scarf! I love it soooo much. Sorry no action shots cuzz I'm sick!

A close up of the front of my new fall journal, and a beautiful necklace with carnelian!

And as a little extra she made me some super cute Halloween ornaments! Hubby took them straight from my hand and put them on the fridge!

Thanks so much Pogo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008 12:15:15 PM »

Hooray! I'm glad you liked everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008 08:27:51 PM »

I love that scarf so much! I want to know HOW you braid 10 feet of yarn without wanting to kill yourself?!?!
I tried - the first half is totally wonky, the second half is ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008 09:37:59 PM »

I love that scarf so much! I want to know HOW you braid 10 feet of yarn without wanting to kill yourself?!?!
I tried - the first half is totally wonky, the second half is ok.
Digital Misfit - you sooo called it. I would be braiding the first half and the second half would be braiding too. LOL. I was constantly combing out the braids and snags.
AlwaysImagine - I would like to say there was no cursing though - that scarf was filled with lots of love. Grin
And DM - I heard I am the proud owner of one of your lovely faces - nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Singalala

Life is too short to wear ugly shoes

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008 11:01:17 AM »

Im sorry that Im posting my message her, Im in Africa, internet is slower than a dial up line and the library is closing

If misplaced, feel free to move it elsewhere more appropriate. Im sorry! Maybe shop the swap or ongoing wishround?

Im in Malawi on a clinical rotation for 3 months and I see so much lovely stuff out here. Im a shopalholic, so I would be very happy to shop here some materials and other nice stuff out here for you, in return for nice holiday ornaments, notebooks, almost everything naturelike.

I came to think of craftster after I saw these amazing hardwood knitting needles, with a head of a giraffe carved on the tops. I cant knit, but then I though I could make a knitting Craftster very, very happy with them. Other great thing here are the necklaces (with malachite, or with wooden beads), earrings (from wire, really nice), bracelets (complete wooden chunky ones or metal). And to hang it on: they sell great light baobab trees made from raffia. I will take a few home for me and my friends. Other things here a carved wood, everything from key chains to life size people (Im not paying the shipping of those). And they have great cloth designs here, nearly anything imaginable is printed on cloth: from pcs to the president to teapots to shells. And they have ceder wood here a lot, nice small, lovely smelling jewelery of tissue boxes. Also they have lovely bird paintings for around 5 euros

I was previously involved in my country doesnt have that swaps (see feedback) but it not running now, so Maybe a personal swap is the way to go. I know for Europe a package of 3 kg is around 5300 kwatcha which is 26 euros. (I have to check US prices)I was planning to send stuff for about 15 euros over (depending on your wishes).
Mail for packages is reliable here, what I heard of friends living here, Im sending some stuff myself this week so I can check out if I get a track and trace number or something. It ships by airmail.

For 15 euros I can send you a baobab tree, a cederwood box, necklace, bracelet, cards, maybe a painting, notebook of handmade paper, knitting needles, a wooden carved figure (they have nice elephants here) and like 8 m of fabric (different kinds)

If you are interested in swapping all this African stuff for great holiday decorations (to be send to my home please, Ill return on dec 7th) or other houseware stuff, please respond!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have been seriously ill. I will get back to everyone to finish up all swaps and stuff. I am home now.

My wists http://www.wists.com/singalala

Junk jewelry swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322611.0
Ongoing ATC swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322889
thunderchild
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008 11:14:21 AM »

I asked HeartofMary to make a bag for me. Thankfully she said she would so I sent the supplies and some goodies for her too.

This is what she sent me back, The fabe bag, a wristlet and a great magazine:

The inside of the bag

And another inside shot

This is a link to her blog with directions to make this bag and lots of other great stuff: http://pinoyinoz.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sam
-x-

Blog: www.knitting-n-stuff.blogspot.com
Wists: http://www.wists.com/Thunderchild

Books availible to swap, any sugestions welcome
21 Sensational Patchwork Bags
21 Terrific Patchwork Bags
Teriffic Totes and Carryalls
Bag Boutique
All in excellent order! Just drop me a PM
calluna
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008 09:52:23 PM »

I did a personal swap with astormorray and she knit (and dyed the yarn) the most gorgeous socks for me!

The picture is horrible (stupid camera, this is as good as it will do!) but trust me, this is some awesome sockery! I love them too much to wear them, even! aside from taking the picture, of course, and I didn't let them touch the ground.  Grin It doesn't show too well but all the colors are mottled with different amounts of color saturation, which I love all the more.

Huge thanks to sock-goddess astormorray! Now I'm off to fondle my socks again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm living/working in Yosemite Nat'l Park til Mid-May! Blogging about it here. No swapping for me, and minimal crafting time, til summer. Almost done with library school! That sums things up for now.
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008 10:25:45 PM »

Adding to the sock display are these great socks that sewknitter made me!

Thick and cozy for winter, yay! Now my toes will be warm Smiley  Thanks sewknitter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Get A Chic and Easy Bun
Hair Basics: Flat Iron Waves
How to Get Everyday Beach Curls
How to Do a Hair Twist with Short Hair
7 Ways to Protect Your Hair from Winter Weather
Latest Blog Articles
Love Your Mother
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Button Flowers
Meatless Monday: Grilled Apples and Minted Pears

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...