A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What do you do, other than knit???  (Read 2985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisascenic
« on: March 01, 2005 08:58:08 AM »

I'm wondering if any of you knitters are making and sharing non-knitting projects on Craftster.  Where else do you have projects listed?

Am I the only one who is an omnivorous thing-maker?  I want to know how to do and make everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005 11:42:13 AM »

Well, besides hand knitting, I'm also a machine knitter. I also crochet, sew, do embroidery, hand and machine.  I know how to tat, but i've never made anything.  I used to do a lot of cooking and baking.  I garden and play with the grandchildren and my little dog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005 11:44:32 AM »

Eat, sleep, pee.  Oh yeah, I work too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005 09:48:19 PM »

I'm pretty new on here and have only posted one finished knitting project, but I like to do a lot of other crafts too. I recently taught myself to crochet so I'm looking forward to doing more of that. I also like to do scrapbooking, sew, and cross-stich (occasionally!). And I recently bought a book on quilting and I WILL make a quilt one day (like before I die...) Smiley Right now I live in a one-bedroom apartment so the craftiness has to be somewhat limited. I can't wait until I move into a house where I can have a craft ROOM to spread out all my junk. How fun would that be?!?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midnightsky1686
Midnightsky Fibers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005 10:42:02 PM »

i dont really post pics of finished fos (how many pics of my sock sdo ya waant to see? lol)

past primarily knitting and spinning, and can crochet, dye stuff bright colors Smiley,  weave, pottery, tat, macrame (and all knots realted to it and anything boating related too Smiley), painting, drawing, some felting, leatherwork, woodburing, sewing, quilting, cooking.  O yea and i also do the occasional jewellery design (quite well if i say so myself) and make chainmaile.

I only really knit and spin now though (my real loves anyways- i like the others, especially chainmaile, beading, and metal work- but they just dont quite compare!)  ive been banned from all the others (cept cooking, and most especially banned from crochet and chainmaile!)  since they put pressue and make me bend my wrists (carpel tunnel fun, plus tendonitis).  Once Im allowed to do other stuff again I really want to get back to my chainmaile and do some more felting, but it may be awhile. If it wasnt for art class i wouldnt even oaint or draw (though i dont really like to anyways).  I will be doing some illicit beading- just simple stuff, none of my complex peyote type stuff- if i do a craft fair soon to round out my yarns.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005 07:08:22 AM by midnightsky1686 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightsky Fibers
Naturally Dyed Textiles
Blog
Yarns and Fibers Handmade in the Pacific NW
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005 06:30:59 AM »

Craftiness must be in my genes.  Along with knitting, I crochet, sew, make costumes, stencil, decoupage, embroider, draw, paint, work with clay, make jewelry, and do photography.  I've posted some of my projects in a couple of the different message boards around here.

Sewing and knitting I've been doing the longest, I think I started knitting first when I was 8 and then learned to sew by hand and on machine a bit later.  These two I believe are my favorites since I love making my own clothes and they serve as a self expression for me.  But I think I do more knitting now since I'm in college and it's a lot easier to haul my knitting up than bring my sewing machine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005 08:40:08 AM »

yay for multi-craftsters!  well, yay for craftsters in general Wink
i've been sewing since i was a little kid - come to find out that my mother's grandfather was a patternmaker. 

so, i post some on clothing and purses.
i started beading since being on craftster, though i've only posted once in jewellry.
i've been crocheting for a little over a year, but find knitting the easiest to take on the subway. 

i LIVE for FABRIC and YARN.  my mother calls me from massachusetts when joanns has a good sale or to get things that i can't get inexpensively in nyc.  she's the worst kind of crafty enabler Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005 08:52:34 AM »

So, I wonder, are we posting all over craftster, or just in knitting? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimblysweep
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005 08:56:05 AM »

i bike, build bikes, invest in bike parts, and generally just bike around.

biking and knitting i have never done together at once, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005 08:57:49 AM »

Actually I don't think I ever posted any of my knitted FO.
But there is a couple of my sewing projects that are on here (i'm a sewing maniac) and I also am in the process of learning to spin yarn.
I also paint, crochet, make candles, cook, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Frame a Baby Hand Tracing
How to Make a Homemade Felt Board
How to Create Easy Book Covers
How to Create a Mending Kit from a Mason Jar
How to Make Animal-Themed Towels for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...