A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new toledo/surrounding areas thread  (Read 1588 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 09, 2008 08:45:13 PM »

In one of my swaps, it was mentioned that there are a TON of crafters that live around here [I'm in Toledo]...& I have "grown" craft wise over the past few years. Thanks to everyone here at craftster. I think it would be totally awesome if after the holidays we could have something where we all get together & craft. maybe learn something new? 0or it could be a regular thing? just a thought Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008 11:29:07 AM »

I live in Toledo and I work at the Hancock Fabrics on Monroe St. I just posted another thread about the classes that I am teaching there, but I think that the classroom would be a good place to meet if enough people are interested in doing so. It is not a huge room but there are banquet tables and chairs and plenty of plugs. I would be happy to teach a few sewing, crafting, or fiber art techniques and I think it would be a great way to network. We may all have to chip in $1 to give to the store for electricity and such, but I think it would be much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008 12:58:52 PM »

I live in Toledo and I work at the Hancock Fabrics on Monroe St. I just posted another thread about the classes that I am teaching there, but I think that the classroom would be a good place to meet if enough people are interested in doing so. It is not a huge room but there are banquet tables and chairs and plenty of plugs. I would be happy to teach a few sewing, crafting, or fiber art techniques and I think it would be a great way to network. We may all have to chip in $1 to give to the store for electricity and such, but I think it would be much fun!

interesting. i never knew we had a hancock fabric store here in toledo! lol I think that'd be a good idea if we could actually round up more people...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008 06:10:43 PM »

I had a super idea while I was wandering around at work today. If we can get more people together we should do a swap! Other than of course swapping tips we could bring our our old or unwanted fabric, craft supplies, notions, etc. I went to a fabric swap when I was first learning to sew (I was about 10 and everyone there was 50+!) and it was SO much fun. Maybe some initiative like a swap will get more people to join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008 08:56:25 PM »

lol that'd be great; except...i dont really have anything to swap. i don't really have a "stash". My stash is mainly just stuff [armor etch, paint, etc] things like that. i'd love a fabric swap though. i dont have hardly any fabrics. I generally buy it as i need it or someone gives me fabric that totally isnt my style at all. RIGHT NOW, I have quite a bit of stuff BUT It'll all be used up for the 12 days of christmas swap & the holidays...i think i should save up a couple hundred dollars & just go on a fabric/yarn buying frenzy. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
Hetobeto
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008 01:13:36 PM »

Ooh, I would love to meet some local craftsters!  I'm in a craft-funk and could use some motivation... and what better way to get motivated than to meet other craftsters?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008 04:53:22 PM »

If anyone is watching this thread or is interested, I am going to have a free fabric design demo at the Hancock fabrics store on Monroe Street in the Starlight Plaza on Monday November 24th at 6pm. This was originally going to be a $30 class, and this may be the only time I offer it as a free demo so come by and check it out. If you can make it send me a message about days and times that would be best for you. I am trying to get as much feedback as possible on my classes and everything helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008 10:40:26 PM »

The free fabric design demo has been pushed back to Saturday December 6th at noon. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Handbag Charms
How to Make Bead Necklaces
How to Make Clay Beads
How to Make Glass Bead Bracelets
Handmade Portraits: Ayşegül & Sebahat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...