A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
856 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I just finish some my first Wa lolita outfits! edited with pics  (Read 1585 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mtthao9
« on: October 13, 2008 12:37:10 AM »

My first post and I am a newbie so be gentle. (lol)  But pretty excited how they turn out.  My first pic is of green Wa lolita with created the trim from a savage curtain.  The red and black one took me a long time to figure out.  I was really inspire by the Victorian goth and the Wa lolita look and decided to see how it would look combine.  I think need to work on creating fluffier skirts for them, so what so you think?

Last pic is when I put makeup on my model and struck the sleeves on her head like a bride veil.  Then told her to think Bride of Darkness....haha

All these picture could also be found at http://annin07.deviantart.com/ if you can't see them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008 09:12:04 AM by mtthao9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is your passion?  Mine, what I create with these hands...
amarok
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008 08:51:46 AM »

very nice indeed, love the fabric. i'm so behind on the terms, haven't even heard of this "wa lolita".. Shocked

more fluffiness: use tulle! it's so much stiffer than the organza (?) you seem to be working with Smiley but it's very hard to work with.. well, atleast that is MY opinion Smiley but that's prolly just cause of My Ways..

so all and all; great work and do not be afraid to ask anyyything. are you just a newbie to this forum, or are you also newbie with the sewing? because if you're new to sewing then those things are FANTABULOUS! really Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
mtthao9
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008 09:20:05 AM »

very nice indeed, love the fabric. i'm so behind on the terms, haven't even heard of this "wa lolita".. Shocked

more fluffiness: use tulle! it's so much stiffer than the organza (?) you seem to be working with Smiley but it's very hard to work with.. well, atleast that is MY opinion Smiley but that's prolly just cause of My Ways..

so all and all; great work and do not be afraid to ask anyyything. are you just a newbie to this forum, or are you also newbie with the sewing? because if you're new to sewing then those things are FANTABULOUS! really Smiley

Well, I sewn before but in high school Home-EC only.  I just started to really sew because my niece (who the model) want to design costumes and we are doing it together.  I am a newbie at a lot of sewing technique and just started to post because I would like to improve on technique and designs.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mystico_tala
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008 12:15:33 PM »

I love the look of the shirts!  Those sleeves are fantastic.  Very neat outfits, I'm really digging the red and black one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Blog
mtthao9
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008 10:02:25 PM »

I love the look of the shirts!  Those sleeves are fantastic.  Very neat outfits, I'm really digging the red and black one!

Thanks, I like the black one too, my sis thought the sleeves were over the top in drama but my model also like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amarok
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008 11:46:49 PM »

hehe, i think the whole outfits are over the top drama, and that's kinda the point.... Wink otherwise they wouldn't be lolita, but regular clothing...

that's REALLY NICE that you're doing these projects with your niece, i like. i wish i had had someone to do these things with. actually i still do, since i haven't found anyone who is as much about sewing as i am.. Sad

you will get even more carried away, i promise. Smiley you can find some tutorial videos on techniques on youtube and such sites. this forum has a topic named something like "i bought my first pattern today" or something like that. in that thread there is a link to a tutorial, in a place where there are many more other tutorials. i've been browsing them all lately..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
October 2013 To-Do List
Beauty Buys to Join the Fight Against Breast Cancer
Gwen Stefani Collabs For OPI Nail Collection
How to Find Your Perfect Shade of Foundation
Thirty Seconds to Your Best Brows Ever
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...