A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chinese Zodiac Swap Gallery  (Read 5018 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

urbankitty

maybe this world is another planet's hell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005 08:54:19 PM »

i recieved my wonderful package from MsBettie the other day.  thank you.  i got a lovely coin wrapped in wire to be used as a pendant and it wasn't any ole' boring coin with a dead president on it, nope this one has elizabeth ii on it.  also included was a fantastic pendant with a monkey on it and the words "rock on" underneath on a beaded strand with a dice bead on each side of the pendant.  was the pendant made with shrinky dink material?  and that's not it, folks! she also included a silver box to hide all my goodies and one noncrafted item but hilarious . . . a ceramic moneky hoarding coins.  thank you, the package made my day.  i'lll try to post a pic later this week.     
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005 11:32:35 AM by urbankitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
MsBettie
accidental microwave pyrotechnician

Jenn loves Wes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005 07:42:58 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you like it. The monkey necklace is shrinky dink by the way. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.
~Carrie Bradshaw
sukireru

the pearly gates have some eloquent graffiti.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005 08:44:13 AM »

to-day was our first day back after spring break, & when i woke up this morning, i just did not have any energy [daylight savings time blues, maybe?]. but after my morning class, i went to check my mail, & found Jerome's package waiting for me! it contained a really lovely belt [which i am currently wearing] & an awesome wristlet-bag [which is the perfect size for all the stuff i carry around with my anyways - including my knitting]! the belt is made from ribbon [i think!], and has dragons crawling all over it, & the pouch is this great green corduroy, lined with fabric printed with earths! [i'm an earth dragon, so this is perfect!] i'm so excited now - i can't wait to bring my new bag around with me! thank you so so so much, Jerome! <3

oh, & photos, too!:

my computer, raziel, modelling the wristlet-bag and belt, :3.

detail of the belt & the outside fabric of the bag! [i love the turquoise topstitching!]

detail of the inside fabric. how adorable!

me, modelling bag+belt! [bag contains TONS of stuff in this photo - sans camera, at the moment!]

again, thank you so much, Jerome! & thank you to urbankitty, too, for organising this swap!

<3[/size]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ForevrBee
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005 02:11:48 PM »

Now I have a chance to show what I got, today from sukireru. Packaged in multi-colored feathers were:
A little pocket mirror with a rooster painted on one side & the kanji (I think?) for "rooster" on the other and 3 pair of earrings in red, green and gold leaves or feathers (again I don't know. May be more the prior, but then again she did send feathers as part of the packaging). Also, I didn't get pics of these, but she also sent two flower hair clips.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005 03:37:57 PM »

Got lovely package today from littleone!!
Thank you- I wil lpost pics shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005 05:24:46 PM »

I got my package from crazy bc jen. It's perfect.  It's a painting of a Dragon breathing fire.  I love the colors, now I know what the cat walked through.  Can I post a pic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005 07:50:35 PM »

to-day was our first day back after spring break, & when i woke up this morning, i just did not have any energy [daylight savings time blues, maybe?]. but after my morning class, i went to check my mail, & found Jerome's package waiting for me! it contained a really lovely belt [which i am currently wearing] & an awesome wristlet-bag [which is the perfect size for all the stuff i carry around with my anyways - including my knitting]! the belt is made from ribbon [i think!], and has dragons crawling all over it, & the pouch is this great green corduroy, lined with fabric printed with earths! [i'm an earth dragon, so this is perfect!] i'm so excited now - i can't wait to bring my new bag around with me! thank you so so so much, Jerome! <3

oh, & photos, too!:

my computer, raziel, modelling the wristlet-bag and belt, :3.

detail of the belt & the outside fabric of the bag! [i love the turquoise topstitching!]

detail of the inside fabric. how adorable!

me, modelling bag+belt! [bag contains TONS of stuff in this photo - sans camera, at the moment!]

again, thank you so much, Jerome! & thank you to urbankitty, too, for organising this swap!

<3[/size]

You are very welcome.  I'm so glad you liked it!!  I meant to ask about your waist size but was running late so just took a guess based on your pant size. I realized when trying it on that how low you wear your pants can make a big difference in how long your belt needs to be.

Thanks for posting to pics too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbankitty

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005 09:18:44 PM »

sorry folks for being so silent . . . . my life is going to shit right now.  tomorrow, i will post who has sent, recieved, etc  . . . . and see where we are at in this swap. . . . gah!  i sooooooo hate life right now.   Sad  p.s. you folks are making some beautiful stuff . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
sukireru

the pearly gates have some eloquent graffiti.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005 11:44:18 AM »

Now I have a chance to show what I got, today from sukireru. Packaged in multi-colored feathers were:
A little pocket mirror with a rooster painted on one side & the kanji (I think?) for "rooster" on the other and 3 pair of earrings in red, green and gold leaves or feathers (again I don't know. May be more the prior, but then again she did send feathers as part of the packaging). Also, I didn't get pics of these, but she also sent two flower hair clips.

Thanks!
*nodnod* that character is chinese for 'rooster'! & the earrings are meant to be feathers, Lips sealed - i made a pair for myself a while ago, & a lot of people commented on how "those feathers look so pretty!" i suppose they do sort of look like leaves, though! & the flowers on the hair-clips somehow struck me as following the theme - something about the colours & the shape of the petals, i think!

urbankitty > *hugs* i'm sorry you're in such a rut right now - hope you feel better, darling!

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbankitty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005 12:47:59 PM »

alright, according to my records . . . . [updated to include the recent senders]
these folks have sent - 
sukireru
jerome
littleone
msBettie
cindylund
crazy_bc_jen
urbankitty (me)
ForevrBee
IqJones
mojisha

these folks have recieved -
ForevrBee
sukireru
IqJones
urbankitty (me)
msBettie
Elwood

anyone else not listed as sending or recieving please contact me . . . .atouria, i sent your package out . . .it should arrive soon, but i think i might have told you i sent it next day mail, it should actually be there within 2-3 days.  i think i was going to send it next day and then gasped when i saw how much it would cost me . . . .alrighty, folksies, i won't scold too much as i was horribly late in getting atouria's package out but lets wrap this one up . . . if you aren't on the list above, but have sent or recieved, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005 11:04:47 AM by urbankitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Butterflies
Photographing a Brown Hare
Photographing a Wood Mouse
Badger Photographs
Photographing a Bagder
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...