A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,513
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chinese Zodiac Swap Gallery  (Read 5659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

urbankitty

maybe this world is another planet's hell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005 08:54:19 PM »

i recieved my wonderful package from MsBettie the other day.  thank you.  i got a lovely coin wrapped in wire to be used as a pendant and it wasn't any ole' boring coin with a dead president on it, nope this one has elizabeth ii on it.  also included was a fantastic pendant with a monkey on it and the words "rock on" underneath on a beaded strand with a dice bead on each side of the pendant.  was the pendant made with shrinky dink material?  and that's not it, folks! she also included a silver box to hide all my goodies and one noncrafted item but hilarious . . . a ceramic moneky hoarding coins.  thank you, the package made my day.  i'lll try to post a pic later this week.     
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005 11:32:35 AM by urbankitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
MsBettie
accidental microwave pyrotechnician

Jenn loves Wes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005 07:42:58 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you like it. The monkey necklace is shrinky dink by the way. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love.
~Carrie Bradshaw
sukireru

the pearly gates have some eloquent graffiti.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005 08:44:13 AM »

to-day was our first day back after spring break, & when i woke up this morning, i just did not have any energy [daylight savings time blues, maybe?]. but after my morning class, i went to check my mail, & found Jerome's package waiting for me! it contained a really lovely belt [which i am currently wearing] & an awesome wristlet-bag [which is the perfect size for all the stuff i carry around with my anyways - including my knitting]! the belt is made from ribbon [i think!], and has dragons crawling all over it, & the pouch is this great green corduroy, lined with fabric printed with earths! [i'm an earth dragon, so this is perfect!] i'm so excited now - i can't wait to bring my new bag around with me! thank you so so so much, Jerome! <3

oh, & photos, too!:

my computer, raziel, modelling the wristlet-bag and belt, :3.

detail of the belt & the outside fabric of the bag! [i love the turquoise topstitching!]

detail of the inside fabric. how adorable!

me, modelling bag+belt! [bag contains TONS of stuff in this photo - sans camera, at the moment!]

again, thank you so much, Jerome! & thank you to urbankitty, too, for organising this swap!

<3[/size]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ForevrBee
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005 02:11:48 PM »

Now I have a chance to show what I got, today from sukireru. Packaged in multi-colored feathers were:
A little pocket mirror with a rooster painted on one side & the kanji (I think?) for "rooster" on the other and 3 pair of earrings in red, green and gold leaves or feathers (again I don't know. May be more the prior, but then again she did send feathers as part of the packaging). Also, I didn't get pics of these, but she also sent two flower hair clips.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005 03:37:57 PM »

Got lovely package today from littleone!!
Thank you- I wil lpost pics shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005 05:24:46 PM »

I got my package from crazy bc jen. It's perfect.  It's a painting of a Dragon breathing fire.  I love the colors, now I know what the cat walked through.  Can I post a pic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005 07:50:35 PM »

to-day was our first day back after spring break, & when i woke up this morning, i just did not have any energy [daylight savings time blues, maybe?]. but after my morning class, i went to check my mail, & found Jerome's package waiting for me! it contained a really lovely belt [which i am currently wearing] & an awesome wristlet-bag [which is the perfect size for all the stuff i carry around with my anyways - including my knitting]! the belt is made from ribbon [i think!], and has dragons crawling all over it, & the pouch is this great green corduroy, lined with fabric printed with earths! [i'm an earth dragon, so this is perfect!] i'm so excited now - i can't wait to bring my new bag around with me! thank you so so so much, Jerome! <3

oh, & photos, too!:

my computer, raziel, modelling the wristlet-bag and belt, :3.

detail of the belt & the outside fabric of the bag! [i love the turquoise topstitching!]

detail of the inside fabric. how adorable!

me, modelling bag+belt! [bag contains TONS of stuff in this photo - sans camera, at the moment!]

again, thank you so much, Jerome! & thank you to urbankitty, too, for organising this swap!

<3[/size]

You are very welcome.  I'm so glad you liked it!!  I meant to ask about your waist size but was running late so just took a guess based on your pant size. I realized when trying it on that how low you wear your pants can make a big difference in how long your belt needs to be.

Thanks for posting to pics too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urbankitty

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005 09:18:44 PM »

sorry folks for being so silent . . . . my life is going to shit right now.  tomorrow, i will post who has sent, recieved, etc  . . . . and see where we are at in this swap. . . . gah!  i sooooooo hate life right now.   Sad  p.s. you folks are making some beautiful stuff . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
sukireru

the pearly gates have some eloquent graffiti.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005 11:44:18 AM »

Now I have a chance to show what I got, today from sukireru. Packaged in multi-colored feathers were:
A little pocket mirror with a rooster painted on one side & the kanji (I think?) for "rooster" on the other and 3 pair of earrings in red, green and gold leaves or feathers (again I don't know. May be more the prior, but then again she did send feathers as part of the packaging). Also, I didn't get pics of these, but she also sent two flower hair clips.

Thanks!
*nodnod* that character is chinese for 'rooster'! & the earrings are meant to be feathers, Lips sealed - i made a pair for myself a while ago, & a lot of people commented on how "those feathers look so pretty!" i suppose they do sort of look like leaves, though! & the flowers on the hair-clips somehow struck me as following the theme - something about the colours & the shape of the petals, i think!

urbankitty > *hugs* i'm sorry you're in such a rut right now - hope you feel better, darling!

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
urbankitty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005 12:47:59 PM »

alright, according to my records . . . . [updated to include the recent senders]
these folks have sent - 
sukireru
jerome
littleone
msBettie
cindylund
crazy_bc_jen
urbankitty (me)
ForevrBee
IqJones
mojisha

these folks have recieved -
ForevrBee
sukireru
IqJones
urbankitty (me)
msBettie
Elwood

anyone else not listed as sending or recieving please contact me . . . .atouria, i sent your package out . . .it should arrive soon, but i think i might have told you i sent it next day mail, it should actually be there within 2-3 days.  i think i was going to send it next day and then gasped when i saw how much it would cost me . . . .alrighty, folksies, i won't scold too much as i was horribly late in getting atouria's package out but lets wrap this one up . . . if you aren't on the list above, but have sent or recieved, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005 11:04:47 AM by urbankitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ROBIN
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change a Color Element to Black in Photoshop
How to Create Gradient Text in Photoshop
How to Shape a Screaming Face in Photoshop
How to Use IES Lights in 3DMax
Adobe InDesign CS5 Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...