A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Your Opinion!  (Read 415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mei
« on: October 08, 2008 06:08:34 AM »

I'm from Malaysia, and I own an online jewelry shop.

I plan to revamp my website with a new brand identity. And in the process, I had an idea to split my website into two, one site for local and neighbouring visitors, another for international visitors (US, Australia, Canada, etc).

The reason being, is so I can set the local currency for the local site, and USD for the international site.
I use Mal's E-Commerce so this currency conversion cannot be done automatically.

However, it is easier for me to ship locally; handling is easier and receiving payment is also easier for me (I don't have to go through Paypal, if I were to withdraw Paypal credit into my card, I'll be charged a heavy fee. So most of the time money sent to my Paypal account stays there and is "not in my hands" if you get what I mean) so I can afford to charge local buyers a price that is slightly lower than the price set in USD in the international site.

Question now is: Would you, as an international customer, be peeved and pissed off at the fact that local buyers get a lower price? Eg. USD10.00 (international price) and USD8.00 (local price).

I for one, feel this situation is a little vague in terms of ethics. I need your opinion, please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Online store of handmade goodness: Tiny Hands Jewelry
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008 12:04:17 PM »

I don't think it's vague at all. If shipping to the U.S. is more difficult - even if it didn't cost you any real dollars more - than you should charge for the trouble. When you work for yourself, your time is that much more precious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

very_vizsla
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008 09:03:29 PM »

i don't think that it is a problem. i don't even think that most int'l buyers will notice that you have a local site. anyways, it's all about making a profit, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is too short to wear a boring dog collar - Custom made handbeaded dog collars & martingale collars
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
My Top 3 Websites for Chic, Cheap Accessories
How To Create A Smokey Eye
How to Get a Shimmery Bronze Makeup Look
6 Must-Know Makeup Trends and Tips For Spring
How to Do Eye Makeup for a Night Out
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...