A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Help with Dying fabric- Would like to dye polyester Fleece Green  (Read 1251 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MammaRachel
« on: July 24, 2009 02:28:58 AM »

So I have been on a search to find green polyester fleece, and let me tell you it's been hard to find on this tiny little island. This is the first time I envy mainland stores. I've always thought Hawaii has pretty much everything the mainland has, but when it comes to good crafting supplies we are in need of some help. Wal-Mart carries an abundant stock of the solid red fleece, but I have check the 2 out of 4 Wal-Marts on the Island and have yet to find green. I called Fabric Mart in Kaneohe and asked if they have green and was told they only have lime green and olive green, which will just not do for Luigi lovers. ;(  I even went to a large wholesale warehouse full of rolls and rolls of fabric, still nothing!  I managed to find a yard of dark forest green fleece in the scraps section, and decided to purchase it since it's been the closest I have come to green and  my little brother has been requesting a hat for sometime now. Ever since his older brother received my first Mario hat he NEEDS Luigi because Luigi's Mario's brother! Well I'm sure dark green will suffice for my 3 year old little brother. But I don't think it will be added to my etsy store. Sad  So my search for green polyester fleece continues. Back to the yellow pages to search for more fabric stores. I've also been contemplating buying white polyester fleece and dying the material myself, but I have no experience with dyes. If anyone is good with do it yourself dyeing fabrics at home please let me know. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010 01:46:43 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009 01:32:54 PM »

Dying polyester isn't easy. It's an unnatural fiber and will only take a very specific kind of dye that isn't the easiest to work with. I wouldn't recommend trying, especially with fleece. Have you looked at online stores (fabric.com or denver fabrics for instance) for the color you need? Some even have swatches you can buy before committing to a lot of yardage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Auto Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Aperture Priority Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sunset Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sports Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Product Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...