A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need help!! How to dispaly bags for craft show!!  (Read 4153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluepie
« on: October 07, 2008 08:17:09 AM »

Hello all- I am excited but nervous- I will be doing my first craft show and need to figure out how to display my handbags on a 6 ft table..I'd like to have them sitting up on some type of staggered shelf - maybe boxes- I don't know - or hanging on some type of tree that sits on the table...?? any ideas - pls help me! plus what to cover the table with ??
btw- its in NJ at OM baby yoga studio in point pleasant if anyone wants to come! november 9th 2009!
thanks SO much fo rnay help!
Deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008 09:37:51 AM »

I did a couple of craft shows a few years ago and used both tables and a coat tree type of thing to display my bags.  My father made me a large coat tree but with the dowels sticking out all the way down the center pole.  Does that make any sense?  I covered my tables with simple black flat sheets from Wal-Mart ($4 apiece) and put some different sized boxes beneath the sheets in places.  That way I had some purses at table height and others a different heights here and there.  There's also the option of putting up a pegboard behind your table and hanging your purses from there on hooks.   
Here's a picture of my purse tree:

You can't really see the details, but I'm sure you can imagine the dowels sticking out every few inches down the length.  You could certainly make a smaller one for your table or stick a tall one like this out in front of your table. 

Here's another one of the entire purse set-up.  I didn't have background decorations like a lot of people who do the craft show thing a lot did, but I still sold very well.  I think the black really showed off the colors of the purses. 

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008 09:44:19 AM by threegirlsandaboy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluepie
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008 11:15:17 AM »

thanks sooo much...your display looks great! funny- i just bought one of those sheets at walmart for my son to use as a closet door- $4!..i like the black idea for a table- maybe i'll go back and get one too...I just got a coat rack from someone but its not as good as yours will dowels all the way down,,but I'll think of something to modify it...glad u did well at your show too...
deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJasmine
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008 09:44:25 PM »

Congrats on your first show!  My mom did them when I was growing up, but I'm not that brave.   It really is a ton of fun to see all the things people come up with at the shows.  My home town has them the first Saturday of every month.  I mostly see everyone's bags on trees like that above, but most everyone has one of those pop-up canopies  and they hang them from the side rails of those, and have some out on tables.  Also, saw one booth where they brought in a pretty iron shelf (not huge, maybe 2 or 3 tiers?) and displayed them on the table top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lowree
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008 05:53:51 PM »

good luck on your show! I've also seen ppl display purses on very large plate holders or easles (sp?) > you know those things painter's use? lol

The ones i seen using the plate holders of course were on the table, but she had like her real expensive ones displayed like this.......i guess to capture it better and not mixed in the crowd of purses. It was actually quite nice!

She did what they mentioned above, put things under the sheet at different levels to give the table deminsion, then, she had the plate holders with purses sitting on top.

Oh if you have business cards or flyers, make sure those are displayed as well. Put one by each purse on the table, then another neat pile sitting off to the side....

Free CANDY is always good!!! I did a craft show a couple years ago and i had a pretty basket sitting off the side with tootsie rolls and hard candy in it.. I lined the basket with fabric and put a bow around it and tossed the candies in there.. PPL love stuff for free.. and it will get them to come over to your table!!! Specially if they have kids.. Lots of those craft shows have a very dry air lingering, and ppl become thirsty....this way, you will have a complimentray bit of candy to help quench thier thirst! This is a good spot to put your business cards too!

Good luck on your show and you'll have to take pictures of your table and post them!!!!
I know around my area, presentation is everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluepie
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008 06:18:08 AM »

Thanks for all the great ideas!...funny about the easel idea..that was what I came up with too...although instead of the table ones- which i love - but don't have..I am using a real easel (since i do paint, i have one) and i drilled a hole thru the top and attached a dowel to hang bags on either side...it ties into my theme too since all my bags are named after artists!..love the candy idea too..thanks again...i am still a nervous wreck thou and still have more bags to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justdreamin
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008 12:57:08 PM »

I sell bags at craft shows and created some very nice displays from some WalMart  Hanging Garment Racks. They were 10.77 at my local WalMart. I made 3 long straps for each rack. On each strap were 8 tabs long enough to wrap around the purse handle and velcro them shut. I hang 4 bags on each side of the strap. So- on 3 straps I can display 2 dozen bags using very little floor space. If I were you I would ditch the long table and go for a smaller one- just large enough to hold your cash register and business cards. With the smaller table I can get 6 racks in a 10 x 10 space- so, 12 dozen bags displayed. Good luck to you at the show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
LEGO Lord of the Rings Toy Review
Bill T. Jones on the Evolving Theater Culture
Michael Yeargan on Creating the American Ring of the Nibelung
Video De Larry Hernandez Gente
Saving the Fading
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...