A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,803
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Autumn Thigh-highs Anyone?  (Read 17730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lunasblue
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2008 10:32:08 AM »

I hope I did this right Smiley
I'm knitting them on the circulars but with different balls of yarn, so I'm knitting them sep. but together on 1 needle.
I have a habit of knitting 1 sleeve for a sweater and either knitting the other sleeve but they're not identical or I knit one sleeve and drop the project.
I tried to take a good picture of the cable that will go up the back of my leg, it sort of worked?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunasblue
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2008 10:34:13 AM »

IT WORKED!!
I'll have more pics soon - thanks for the encouragement Pinklightning!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cinderelly

Handmade has heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2008 03:36:42 PM »

Ohh, the colors look lovely!

I can see the cable!  I noticed even before I continued reading, to find out that there IS a cable, and I am NOT going crazy!  I think it will be subtle, but a great creative touch.

I'm in a Yoga Teacher Training program right now, that runs every second weekend.  And it turns out that there are at least two or three other avid knitters in my group (of about 25 people)!  I was so excited to see them pull out their needles over lunch and such.  It's really neat to see how the projects progress over the two week periods.  I think I'm going to challenge them, and see what we can all come up with over our Christmas break.  We have all of December off, and resume I think on the second or third weekend of January.  And I know I already have several yoga inspired projects on the mind... including these thigh-highs!

Update:  In roughly 10 - 15 minutes, I will FINALLY be casting on for this project!  I will post updates as soon as what I'm making looks somewhat like the projected outcome!  I hope everyone else's projects are going great!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008 03:22:37 PM by Cinderelly » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cinderelly

Handmade has heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008 08:28:35 PM »

Okay, so it took me longer than anticipated to get this project started.  I usually estimate gauge and tend to not have problems with it.  But for this project, I knew that there would be plenty of variance, so I really put the effort into figuring things out, this time, since I want these to fit very well and a little snug (at least around the foot and ankle - so they don't get in the way during yoga).

My least favorite part about knitting, is knitting the first row after casting on (although, casting on to double pointed needles to knit in the round was kind of tricky too).  It's so tedious... I always find myself either sweet-talking the yarn into doing what I need it to, or cursing my brains out at the darn thing!  It always takes me a fair amount of time.

Once I got into it, it seemed to go alright.  I did seven rows of 1x1 ribbing, and I've moved into a few rows of stockinette stitch, so far.  The yarn is absolutely beautiful, and it's super easy to work with.

If I didn't hate knitting into that initial cast on row so terribly, I think I would go back and do the ribbing with smaller needles (I didn't think there would be so much of a difference).  Buuuut, I don't think I want to put that much more time into these.  I've been so excited to get into them.  It will be fine.   Smiley

So without further ado, here's the little bit that I have finished, so far:

(The yarn is muuuuuuuch greener than it looks in the photo!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinklightning06
Pinklightning!

I am a sugar spun electro storm ♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008 09:55:09 PM »

That yarn color is gorgeous Cinderelly! It makes me think of mermaids.
And lunasblue, I'm really liking the cable. It really jazzes it up. If I do this project again I may have to copy cat you!

I'm starting to wish that I had circular needles. I can knit so much faster than I can purl. I just got a 40% off coupon from Joanns so I may go ahead and invest in a needle set.

I feel like I'm making some progress. My first legwarmer is a little over a foot long I think. I can't wait to wear these badboys. More pics to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinklightning
http://www.pinklightning.me/

Project 365 Awesome - Day 105: Stars&Dinosaurs&AsianBrides&NEW GOALS
Do I have what it takes to be a successful fashion designer? Well I'm giving myself 365 days to find out...
crescentfresh
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008 08:37:15 PM »

OK, I got so impatient with this pattern, after deciding I'd have preferred to knit in the round... and with thicker yarn to keep me warm... I chose to finish them as knee-high rather than thigh-high. But I do like how they came out, and plan to make another pair with certain modifications.

Bootsy has to be in every shot , this one's somewhat flattering to both the legwarmers and the feline. voila!
anyone else has pictures of their progress? that green yarn is soo perty, cant wait to see everyone's.....
-Kablam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunasblue
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008 04:35:56 PM »

Beautiful Crescentfresh!
The legwarmers I was knitting have turned into scarves Sad
Money is tight but I still want to give nice presents so what's better than a scarf right!
I will post pics this weekend - the scarf came out so well that a lady I work with is going to buy one from me!!!
~possible KAL?
Does anyone have an interest in the shalom sweater???
http://involvingthesenses.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008 01:36:19 PM »

lunasblue, yay, me! ~ i am interested in knitting the shalom sweater. i looove versatile garments like that. i'd totally join!!  Smiley

~ Also: beautiful legwarmers everyone so far!!! Love all the beautiful colors you chose!

crescentfresh, the shorter version is really pretty!! ~ i started the thigh-highs a while ago, too, after i found this thread. i picked them back up recently and will post a progress shot shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2008 12:51:00 PM »

... voil, aforesaid progress shot of my thigh high(s):
in bright sunlight:

and in lesser bright sunlight:

i'm working on the first one and it just about covers my shin so far. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
lunasblue
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2008 04:48:10 PM »

Nannetta - pretty pretty pretty!!!
Shalom sweater here we come!
I'll start a new thread (and check to see if there's one already started)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our Picks For Favorite Toners
I Got Fat-Shamed On My Morning Commute
How to Apply Bronzer
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles and Baggy Eyes
How to Get a Fresh, Peachy Glow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...