A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
703 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pinkify your moleskine with TUTORIAL! and huge pics  (Read 3061 times)
Tags for this thread: book_cover , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pink tarantula
« on: October 05, 2008 05:36:56 AM »

Hi there! This is my first tutorial EVER, hope you'll find it useful. (pardon my english, not my first language)
I simply covered in fabric the moleskine City Notebook I received for my birthday. It was an extremely cheap craft: I found a nice child shirt in the trash and cut out the fabric from it. Here's a picture and the tutorial:

Besides the fabric and the notebook the only tools needed are Elmer's school glue (the regular liquid non-toxic school glue that comes in white bottles), a flat paintbrush and scissors. Here's how to do it: start taking apart your moleskine! Destroy! You actually only have to take the black cover off, by lifting up the inside cover and taking it off. Be careful when you handle the inside cover, it shouldn't break 'cause it's gonna be back there at the end. Here's how it looks: the inside of your hardcover & the back of you inside cover:

Then it's time to cut your fabric the right measure. There's different ways to do it, but to be sure the result will please you, try different ways and see how it will fit on your hardcover. Put the hardcover on the fabric and cut it around it leaving a couple centimeters, be sure that you'll have enough fabric to cover the corners!

Now it's time to glue your new fabric cover to the moleskine! Glue the hardcover of your notebook (the good side) with Elmer's glue, lots of it, and with the brush spread it very evenly all over the surface. This is very important for a good result.

Now take your fabric and place it on the cover! Press it down with your hands so the fabric will stick to the cover, and take care of the flaps that are glued in the inside of your hardcover.
Now its time to glue your notebook back to the cover. To do this, spread glue on the inside hardcover - that should look all grey and rough - use the brush to spread it well, and place the inside covers back in place. Be sure the corners of the inside cover pages are placed correctly on the cover, like so:

Press it with your hand, and now youre ready to put the moleskine under a LOT of pressure for the whole night (or if you do this in the morning, the whole day!). Use the biggest, heaviest books you can find and pile them on top of your closed moleskine. I put on some heavy door stops and big glasses from the frameshop too.
And the morning after...

Enjoy! the tutorial and all the pics are from my blog: http://snikelarten.wordpress.com/2008/10/05/city-moleskine-makeover-the-tutorial/.
I'll try to post more tutorials on craftster as well, it's such a great way to share.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008 02:24:46 PM by pink tarantula » THIS ROCKS   Logged

italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008 05:46:05 AM »

Lovely and a wonderful tutorial... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
whiterabbit

. . .some people juggle geese!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008 07:32:35 PM »

That's adorable. I'll definitely think about doing that with my next Moleskine. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(http://swayinglights.com): things i make, things i like, things i see.
cassette.

writer.photographer.artist.frustrated seamstress.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008 03:23:31 AM »

that's beautiful! Smiley what a lovely transformation. the fabric is great, I think it makes it even better that you recycled something that would have otherwise been thrown away.

well done Smiley

speak to you soon,
cassette.x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winterglo

Living it up in Cambodia!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008 11:24:17 PM »

Very Cute!  Much better than the normal boring black Moleskin notebooks.  Thanks for the tutorial!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spiced Pear and Blackberry Eton Mess Recipe
How to Make Ice Pops
Refreshingly Tangy Lemon Square Recipe
How to Make Margarita Creamsicles
Baked French Toast Recipe With Homemade Raspberry Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...