A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A ZEN-satonal garden  (Read 7673 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 05, 2008 09:06:18 PM »

Hello my fellow craftsers. i'm cutting this one down to the last moment arn't i? oh well that's just me...and the fact that i'm on the family computer and not my baby (my mac is soooo pretty lol) to upload these pics is just taking longer.

ANYWHO when i read what this challange was going to be i just HAD to enter. why may your ask?

well i work at a grocery store. and while i was thinking of what to do while at work i kept noticing one thing...my eye was twitching.

no offence to any one here as i am SURE that you were all wonderfull customers to your cash people but i had some horrid customers. for instance i found out about this swap the day my puppy passed away two weeks ago. i some times won't come on for about a week to two weeks at one time due to work hours, crafting and a social life.

but onto the story of this bad customer. i was ringing him threw as i was telling a co worker about kirby (my puppy) he told me "it was just your dog, it wasn't like it was your father" my replay to him was no my father died 8 years ago and i proceeded to cry. it was at this stressful point that my co worker asked if i had a zen garden or somthing to help with my stress.

on that note it got me thing and thus i came up with my idea

my supplies.

Pie tins $2.98
Bitter sweet Cocolate $.99
Scewers $2.99
Bread crumbs $.99
Sprikle viles $2.50 ish

total after tax around $10 (i bough whip cream and a carry out bag which pushed my bill to 14.45 but they were not for this)

the shabang

the bill

the garuden

after raking

your friendly narbourhood No frills Casher. please be kind to your cashers. we are people to
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008 10:33:54 PM by Lera-star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008 02:34:40 AM »

Awesome Zen garden.  I am sorry people feel they need to add their two cents where it is not needed!  Hope the zen garden is helping with unwanted frustration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
105/50 swaps
88/50 friends/family
193/50 total
grendelsmom
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008 04:59:21 AM »

I like the idea and it's very pretty - but I would probably EAT it if I got stressed!!  [insert mental image of middle-aged woman scarfing the whole garden out of the pie tin here]   Undecided

Hope it helps tho - I've been in customer service for many years and I understand; a thick skin takes a loong time to develop, and you do need an outlet after dealing with that once-in-awhile person who seems determined to be mean.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008 09:53:16 AM »

thank you both. oh i just smile and nodd as that is all i can do really. but i mean i have a thick skin (you HAVE to being an art student.) but still i'll be putting there things down the lain, be half done and have them stop me and go "can you move it all to the other lain now that it's free it'll be easyer for me."

half done...HALF FUCKING DONE!!! oh well time to tend to my garden...again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StyxAndStones
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008 02:51:18 PM »

Okay, that is adorable! I love the sprinkle pathway. . . I know that the very thought of a sprinkle pathway makes my heart fill with happy.

If you used a light dusting of brown sugar over ready-raked icing, you could totally turn it into a glorious cake topper! Happy ZenDay!

PS There is a special place in hell for people who are awful to  members of the customer service industry. And for people who so blatantly hate doggies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
Valiqa
Sewing Machine Goddess

Sailor Moon Junkie

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008 12:55:33 AM »

PS There is a special place in hell for people who are awful to  members of the customer service industry. And for people who so blatantly hate doggies.

That made me giggle. I too am sorry about evil customers. I like your garden, it's like a candyland zen garden. =D I'd make one, but my sister would just eat it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making the world a craftier place, one craft at a time!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Money at Slots
How to Play Roulette
The Amazing Cash Cube
Sports Betting Advice
The 3 in a Row Color Roulette Bet
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...