A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New website to sell handmade goods - Shophandmade.com  (Read 18795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 03, 2008 04:50:30 PM »

in this issue of Paper Crafts magazine there was a full page add for

www.shophandmade.com

when i have a little more time, i am going to set up my profile there, it looks really awesome! and there are no fees!!!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008 02:13:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: Made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008 10:39:31 AM »

have you tried it yet? i just stumbled upon it myself and was hoping to find someone whose done business there before I dive in.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008 10:43:25 AM »

no, not yet, but i will let this post know as soon as i am set up and how it goes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
To The 9s

I make accessories, often using vintage components

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008 04:19:42 PM »

Is anyone using this website?

www.shophandmade.com

I saw the link on myspace, it says its fee free.

Does anyone know anything about it?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pd8151
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008 08:54:36 AM »

Bumping this to find out any and all opinions on this site!  I just found it myself and want to learn more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Christina

Check out my blog here:
http://variform-christina.blogspot.com/
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008 04:35:03 PM »

I have a friend who has listed some of her stuff on there and already made a sale and got on the front page; I'll be setting up my shop later this weekend. I've already got a lot of the technical stuff done and I just need to list items...it looks like a pretty good site, the "catch" with listing for free is that there's a small ad on the page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
mike75
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008 02:01:13 AM »

I singed up for a shophandmade.com site but the other day I noticed something that really turned me off.  You may notice that when you list an item and you view the main page of the website your item(s) will show up quite often in the featured product list. When I first noticed this I was very happy that my items would get this type of exposure, as Im sure most other sellers would. That was until I visited the site from another computer and noticed that my items suddenly were not showing up. I originally thought that maybe they just dropped out of the list over time as Etsy.com listings do. This was until I went back to my main computer and noticed that my items were always showing up on front page.

What I found out is that if you are logged into the site or your session is still active the site knows youre online and cycles your products through the main page for you to see giving you the impression that you are getting front page exposure of your products. However, if you are not logged in or your session has timed out (you wont see the my store link on the top right) your items do not show up. So in essence its all for show to make you think you are getting front page exposure and youre not. I find this to be extremely shady on their part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008 03:09:16 AM »

did you delete your cookies and try again, to verify that it IS just when you are logged in?

i am just curious...cos sometimes things will remain on my main page for DAYS on various websites, but really they are passed repeatedly

i now empty my cookies frequently, and i dont find that happening as often
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan

Flowers in full bloom do not last forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008 04:13:42 AM »

Do you have to have pay pall to use this???
'Cause when you make a profile, they say something about:
emailadres = Paypal wil send the money to this adress ??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
Like what you see? Check my shop @ fb or @ etsy
IG
mike75
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009 12:31:16 PM »

did you delete your cookies and try again, to verify that it IS just when you are logged in?

i am just curious...cos sometimes things will remain on my main page for DAYS on various websites, but really they are passed repeatedly

i now empty my cookies frequently, and i dont find that happening as often

Yes, I verified it -- it's starting to get around that they are doing this.  I even went as far to send in an email regrading this issue and was corresponding with the owner. (he should be a politician)  I've been debating if I should publish the emails or not, however they do know about this function and it's coded this way. 

Here is a little tidbit that made me laugh when I sent my email in to them.  This is the first email I sent in to them. David, Kovanen did reply to me directly but when he did so he forgot to remove the "forward" that his staff member sent to him.

His message to "David" made me laugh and I knew right away from that they knew about the feature products functioning that way.

To: Kovanen, David
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 13:05
Subject: Fw: Featured Products

David,
Do you want to answer this or do you want me to? This is something that I do not want to get onto the threads or forums. It could hurt us pretty good.
----- Original Message -----
To: Service@ShopHandmade.com
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 09:48
Subject: Featured Products

Hello,

I really don't have a questions just an observation about the featured handmade products listings on the front page. I have noticed that if you are logged into your account and you visit the front page you will often see your products appear often on the featured products list.   However, if you're logged out your account and your session has timed out your items do not appear. I've tested this theory on multiple browsers at different times on different computers.  Ive refreshed the front page over 75 times on each test and did not see one of my products appear on the front page.

Once you log into your account lo and behold a single refresh and one of my products suddenly appear. Considering this is a "Free" store I really did not expect much. However this type of programming only purpose is meant to deceive your store owners and I find that very disturbing as Im sure other store owners would. If youre willing to deceive on one thing youre willing to deceive on others and just that fact tells me its time to take all my items out of your storefront.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Still Life Oil Painting
Learn About Arabic Henna Designs
Learn About Indian Henna Designs
Learn how to Paint with Acrylics - Overglaze and Finishing
Learn how to Paint with Acrylics - Adding Shadows and Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...