A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
844 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cloth pads and wet bag (men, you may want to avoid this one)  (Read 3895 times)
Tags for this thread: cloth_pad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HeatherDelaCruz
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008 09:10:37 PM »

Okay somebody clue me in... I can figure out the pad bit (awesome and eco-friendly!)..but what's a wet bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
string theory
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008 12:36:33 AM »

I love it! The fabric is so pretty and it's so functional! All of my cloth pads are off white since that is what I had on hand and I have been using them for more than a year and they look pretty much as they did when I made them. I love the cloth pads and I feel so powerful having control over my menses Grin. I am still pleased that I don't have to buy those stupid pads every month!!! What a waste!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AbbyRose
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008 06:30:05 AM »

Okay somebody clue me in... I can figure out the pad bit (awesome and eco-friendly!)..but what's a wet bag?

The wet bag is to keep in my purse so I can put used pads in the waterproof part and keep clean pads in the outer pockets. I keep a cotton ball in there with essential oils on it to fight any odors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreatio ns.ca
HeatherDelaCruz
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008 08:59:27 PM »

Oohhh what a GREAT idea!!! Thanks for answering my question. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funtobewith
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008 07:44:13 PM »

Super! I used the linked instructions, and added a waterproof layer! And used button instead of snap Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslie <><
amarok
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008 04:54:09 AM »

i was trying to make a wetbag, in which i could store a few clean pads and put the dirty ones in. i never got it done. that's why, when visiting someone or something like that, i use store-bought pads... bad me, and the money i spend... this is nice, you gave me an idea how to finish my wetbag, i already have the PUL sewn. so thanks for sharing! Smiley

i made three new pads today with a new pattern and love love love them. unfortunately my cam died so no pics yet Sad

ADDITION 15.10.2008:
So my camera kinda works. It says that I should change batteries, even though I just did... ANNOYING. But here's a pic! Note: I like those "square ones", because they're easier to sew and a lot easier to put through the serger. I'm not very good at sewing (or serging!!) shapes. Straight lines are sooooo much easier...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008 09:57:08 AM by amarok » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
AbbyRose
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008 07:40:37 AM »

Super! I used the linked instructions, and added a waterproof layer! And used button instead of snap Smiley

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z26/funtobewithlp/SugarSkulls006.jpg

Good job Smiley I love the outer fabric. Patterns definetely work better to hide stains!

I made another one slightly different in a pocket-style where you can add inserts into the pad. It didn't turn out so well but when I have time to make another one I'll post pics.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008 12:07:08 PM by kategirl - Reason: Please remove the [img] tag when quoting pictures. Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
funtobewith
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008 09:37:13 AM »

Yes, I made a couple of those as well, they're HUGE, so super for overnight! but not what I want to deal with on a daily basis.

I also use a diva cup, but at night it leaks Sad so not sure if its me or what?!?!? but I'm tired of the mess, so these huge pads with inserts should keep things cleaner Smiley

I should make a wet bag too, on my ever-growing list of things to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslie <><
AbbyRose
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008 01:13:55 PM »

I should make a wet bag too, on my ever-growing list of things to do!

I have one of those too Smiley Currently working on: 381 choir robes, 2 baby slings, 1 painting for a golf tournament raffle, and loads of small baby items for a craft show. All of which needs to get done before the end of the month. Next month will be Christmas presents... Yowza.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
funtobewith
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008 02:59:20 PM »

*faints* 381 choir robes?!?!? heavens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslie <><
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chuck Thompson on the Creation Museum
Chuck Thompson on the Six Mosques in Mobile
Chuck Thompson on Southern Stereotypes
Danny Dreyer on What to Eat Before a Run
The Best Cross Training and Strength Training for Runners
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...