A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: primitive/stone age/cave(wo)men crafts swap?  (Read 584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanna
« on: October 03, 2008 12:43:43 PM »

I was thinking about a primitive crafts swap, such as stone age tools and things.
Made from stone, leather, fur, bone, wood that kind of things... maybe wool, but that wasnt really something that is really stone age (at least not where i come from) but still a very old craft of course. Also maybe some how to instructions if there is interest for that...

is anybody interested in something like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008 06:51:22 AM »

ME! ME! ME!
Oh, I was just grasping for air when I saw this idea! I am definitely interested.
I love everything Stone Age, and I admire the arts from prehistoric periods!
One thing though: I will never be able to pay for the shipping costs to send anything from stone internationally! Even if you're in my neighboring country, as I see in your profile. But I could do something in leather, and hey, there have been fiber arts in the Stone Age, just not from wool. But bast and other plant fibres were common, maybe I can make something from these. Or I can make something from leather. I could also see what I can do with my newly developed carving skills.
Is there anyone who can make prehistoric arrows (just pointed wooden ones would be super okay) and would swap them? Or is there a bone carver around, for needles or artwork? But I would swap for anything prehistoric.
I am especially looking forward for someone who can make something prehistoric from America, as I only am familiar with some European findings. And hey, maybe the prehistoric animal swap could join us!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanna
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008 07:18:33 AM »

yeah an reaction Cheesy

and hey, there have been fiber arts in the Stone Age, just not from wool. But bast and other plant fibres were common, maybe I can make something from these.
so true!!! forgot about that

Or is there a bone carver around, for needles or artwork? 
i can make needles and stuff from bone.. not that im a great bone worker now, but i am practising and trying haha, in the prehistoric park i used to work they called me the needle haha...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008 07:53:13 AM »

OK, we MUST swap! I make my own nalbinding needles from different kinds of woods, but I'd love to have a bone needle! I like the touch, the weight, and of course the fact that I can't make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanna
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008 09:53:50 AM »

i only have to find out where to get some bone still, i moved to norway for a while and the farmer that i asked said that they don't give bones away where he does his meat because of a kind of disease or something like that... i should have a better look around...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008 12:38:05 PM »

My first thought was that you could maybe ask a hunter, but I don't know if those bones are suitable. There's Viking reenactors in Norway (surprisingly Smiley ) and there's certainly someone who carves in bone, too, and has a solution for this problem.
But if you can't make a bone needle right now, we can keep that for later Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanna
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008 02:13:48 AM »

My first thought was that you could maybe ask a hunter, but I don't know if those bones are suitable. There's Viking reenactors in Norway (surprisingly Smiley ) and there's certainly someone who carves in bone, too, and has a solution for this problem.
But if you can't make a bone needle right now, we can keep that for later Smiley

yeah i know about that, there are a few history parks here aswell with also prehistoric themed stuff so they must have something like this aswell.. only have to search this things out a little bit. Well we will see, i hope there is coming some more reactions on this thread first haha. Maybe when the swap is getting a starting date i have the things, and else i can keep it for later indeed Cheesy i love it really that there is allready one interested  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008 08:18:59 AM »

Glad to be in it myself Smiley Even better if you like it too Smiley
I really hope that we get an American Paleo-Nerd as well. I mean, hey, this country must be littered with stone tools and great old cultures! Every time I see a documentary about research on how the Americas were inhabited at different times, I am so thrilled! It's so fascinating, and I know so little about it.
We can repeat this swap as often as we like, can't we?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanna
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008 07:51:03 AM »

nobody else??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch This Instead Review of The Last Airbender
Learn Premiere Pro CS5 Users Interface
What a Grip Does on a Film Set
How to Key in Premiere Pro CS5
What Split Edits Are
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...