A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,473
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Window Paintings  (Read 3372 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

megarobertson
I make it Rain dear!

Jennifer Perkins is my Hero!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 02, 2008 08:09:21 PM »

Since I do not live in a house and instead live in an apartment which I love ( no mowing for me!) I have limited "front of the house" parts to decorate. So what better to decorate than the windows. I had seen on here before that you can paint on windows with acrylic paint and it wipes of with window cleaner or soap and water when you are done. Before my DBF would let me go full steam ahead we tested a small patch once it worked I was given free reign!

Here is the first window done.(The upstairs neighbor guys across the way were watching me the whole time and giggling when I'd smear a bloody handprint on the window   Cheesy ) Also it's kind of hard to see the bottom half because of the screens but this picture is better than the daytime one where you can me in it .

This is the second window I did. It says Tick or Treat, Smell My feet, Give me something good to eat! and I also painted some little candies on it. It has a string of Black,purple, orange, green lights around it!

I need some help though I have one window for sure I still want to do but don't know what to do with it.  ( I also have one more but it isn't as visible from the front but is right next to the front door and is about half the size of the others.)

Well... Let me know what ya'll think!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everyone's a photographer.
My Wist:http://wists.com/megarobertson
sarahiously
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008 08:58:47 PM »

that is so preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'awesoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome')!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
For wishlist ideas: http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings.php
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Linda P
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008 09:44:35 PM »

Love the bloody one!  What about a black silhouette in the window? 
http://www.frightcatalog.com/i/360x360/1006196.jpg
http://my-angle.blogspot.com/2007/09/were-back-my-little-grape-and-me.html  (down the page a little)
Great job.. thanks for sharing..
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpartysGirl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008 10:04:03 PM »

OH MY GOSH THIS ROCKS!!!!!  I also live in an apartment and my friends and I always decorate for the holidays!  This is a great idea!!!!  I like the dark person in the window, I feel like it that first link would match well with the Help window. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faithincorporated.etsy.com
megarobertson
I make it Rain dear!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008 10:08:46 PM »

I think I need to get some more black paint and try that out!

Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ledleeaf
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008 10:36:25 PM »

awesome!

For the other windows bats and spiders are always nice too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008 12:24:24 AM »

Hahaha, I wish I got trick or treaters at my place. My parents house hasn't gotten a single kid asking for candy (besides my little brother and me Wink) for 20 years and my new apartment didn't get a single one last year, I sort of doubt this year will be different Tongue

This is creepy and awesome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
Cealy
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008 03:20:36 AM »

I was going to suggest the silhouette too, maybe one of you with your arms up in the air and an arm coming from the side with an axe in the air?

Would look good beside the bloody hand prints.
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008 06:26:01 AM »

SO awesome! I love the bloody hand prints! How much scrubbing did you have to do to get the paint off the window? Like a large amount or a small amount? Because I'd love to try this if it didn't make me work for hours getting it off =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
megarobertson
I make it Rain dear!

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008 08:46:59 AM »

SO awesome! I love the bloody hand prints! How much scrubbing did you have to do to get the paint off the window? Like a large amount or a small amount? Because I'd love to try this if it didn't make me work for hours getting it off =)

Well I messed up on two letters and all I did was spray some window cleaner on them and use and old rag and took make a couple of minutes so for the whole window I don't see it taking very long. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pancake Lasagna Recipe
KD 101: How to Make Gruyere Grilled Cheese
How to Make Your Own Applesauce
How to Make Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash
Simple Turkey Broth Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...