A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,772
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Roaming Gnome Swap CLOSED (SIGN UP 10/2-10/17; FIRST MAIL OUT 10/31)  (Read 30011 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skababy
« Reply #510 on: December 10, 2008 09:18:27 AM »

Marlin got here, but he was a bit cold when I got him, since it was 34 here today. So I brought him in and warmed him up. My husband liked the treats he brought with him, and my dog kind of looked at him like a treat but I am keeping Marlin away from the dog.

he is used to the cold weather! We got our first snow over the weekend!!! it was 24 degrees! 24!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #511 on: December 10, 2008 09:47:36 AM »

Glad to hear David arrived in Montreal safe and sound ... I am still waiting for my next gnome visitor!  I don't think you can blame it all on CanPost - I'm sure USPS has plenty to do with it too!!  I just can't get over the fact that it seems it's easier to send to back and forth to Europe than within the same continent ... go figure.

I tried to call CanPost to complain, as 2/3 sends for this swap so far have been late in arriving, and it turns out they are on some sort of strike which while the promise won't affect service means they are short of customer service staff so I can't talk to anyone in order to complain about my affected service!  And the clerk at the post office just keeps telling me to call and complian as there is nothing they can do. Huh

Oh well.  David is going to come with my on my trip to Ottawa this weekend.  I'll make sure to bundle him up seeing as its -4 Celsius here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
skababy
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2008 10:14:23 AM »

Gerard is loving Maryland! We went to a local tree farm. Last year Santa was there with his reindeer.... no reindeer this year! But he had fun. We also treated him to a beer (or 2  Wink ) afterwards. He has grey hair, i'm sure he is old enough! right...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2008 10:45:38 AM »

Gerard is loving Maryland! We went to a local tree farm. Last year Santa was there with his reindeer.... no reindeer this year! But he had fun. We also treated him to a beer (or 2  Wink ) afterwards. He has grey hair, i'm sure he is old enough! right...  Grin
Sounds like so much fun!  Yes, Gerard's well over the minimum gnome drinking age. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #514 on: December 13, 2008 10:02:09 AM »

Emong has arrived safely in Arizona.  He is already out sunning himself by the pool.  He said he totally enjoyed his time in up north but is happy to return to the warm weather!  Hope David is handling the Canada cold without too much whining ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
angeltreats
« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2008 11:30:56 AM »

Guys, I'm wondering what I should do about Ruby.  Tomorrow is the send out date, but the last posting date for a package to get to Germany before Christmas was Friday, apparently.  If I send her now, she's not going to get anywhere and will just lie in a sorting office somewhere over Christmas, and I'm wondering if maybe I should hold on to her, bring her to Ireland for Christmas, and then send her off from Ireland when the post office opens again which is on Saturday 27th, and she will probably get there just as quick as she would if I posted her tomorrow.  Hollister, Ewulotta (as you're next to get Ruby), what do you think? 

Also Ruby (Copperhead, not little Ruby) doesn't have Droo yet so maybe she could hang on to him for a bit and send him to me after Christmas, and it would be less of a rush for her but I wouldn't be gnome-less over Christmas! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fairybug22

buttercream can fix anything!

« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2008 01:26:34 PM »

Just checking in, hello gnomey is freezing here in upstate NY.  The woodstove is cranking, but it's windy and we have about 8 inches of snow.  Gnomey has helped us bake cookies, and put the Christmas tree up this past week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lylmousy
« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2008 02:54:46 PM »

Poor Marlin hasn't gotten to do much around here since the weather is bad. But he has been a big help to me while making Christmas gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only exceptionally rational people can afford to be absurd.
raeonix
Crochet, Cross-stitch, Scrapbooking

« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2008 03:38:45 PM »

Guys, I'm wondering what I should do about Ruby.  Tomorrow is the send out date, but the last posting date for a package to get to Germany before Christmas was Friday, apparently.  If I send her now, she's not going to get anywhere and will just lie in a sorting office somewhere over Christmas, and I'm wondering if maybe I should hold on to her, bring her to Ireland for Christmas, and then send her off from Ireland when the post office opens again which is on Saturday 27th, and she will probably get there just as quick as she would if I posted her tomorrow.  Hollister, Ewulotta (as you're next to get Ruby), what do you think? 

Also Ruby (Copperhead, not little Ruby) doesn't have Droo yet so maybe she could hang on to him for a bit and send him to me after Christmas, and it would be less of a rush for her but I wouldn't be gnome-less over Christmas! 

I know, I haven't received my next gnome yet after Howard, and tomorrow is the send out! I'm freaking out! If he or she is there tomorrow when I pick up my mail, there's no way I'll have time enough to take him/her around and have pics printed, and back to the post office. Looks like another late sending... and Howard still hasn't reached his destination. I hope he hasn't gotten lost behind a mailbag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #519 on: December 15, 2008 06:21:39 AM »

Everyone is being really good with communication, I know there are going to be some late Gnomes due to the PO being busy with Holidays and stuff. This is fine just keep trying to get the Gnomes out ASAP and make sure to keep me and your partner in the loop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Office Production Assistant - Job Guide
Set Production Assistant Job Guide
How to Get a Production Assistant Job
What the Art Department on a Film Set Does
What the Locations Manager Does On Set
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...