A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,209
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Roaming Gnome Swap CLOSED (SIGN UP 10/2-10/17; FIRST MAIL OUT 10/31)  (Read 28941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008 06:26:32 AM »

Hi SplitZ09, calm down, everythings all right Smiley. Just send a PM to hollistercobabe with the questionnaire filled in.
OK, for the people who will be in the transatlantic roaming group: I have just been talking to people, including a German craftster who has sent to the US, and the answer is: The best price is for sending things that can be sent in an envelope that weighs less than 1kg. Not every package needs to be that light, but if we can have many of these in the group, that'd cut down costs a lot. I just weighed some fotographs to see if they are as heavy as I was afraid they would be, but fortunately they aren't Smiley I am so looking forward to the fotos!

When we do this group we may just do an envelope in the box instead of an album with the pics to help reduced weight cost. It all really just depends on whether or not we have more Overseaers join up.

Also if you buy one of those cheap plastic albums, they are light, it will help on the weight issue too. Just keep your trinket (souveniers) small and your gnomey small & soft, and we can stuff everything into an envelope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008 10:27:41 AM »

Here's another PNWer, will try to make sure all the moss is scraped off yer gnomes before I send 'em on again...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
kuckyjune

A pox? How delightful, a pox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008 12:35:44 PM »

Just sent in my questionaire!! Whee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ewulotta
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008 01:49:53 PM »

I really really like the idea and I'd love to participate (although there probably won't be enough people from Germany), but unfortunately I don't fulfil the requirements, well not yet Smiley and apart from that I don't have much time at the moment. Is there a chance that there will be another roaming kind of swap?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 01:55:12 PM by Ewulotta » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008 01:54:32 PM »

I really really like the idea and I'd love to participate (although there probably won't be enough people from Germany), but I think I don't have enough time for that now (thanks to my final thesis). Is there a chance that there will be another roaming kind of swap?

We currently have on Germany and one Uk swapper so you wouldn't have to ship to the us too much. hehe

If this round goes well I do plan on having many more rounds of the Roaming Gnome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
Ewulotta
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008 01:57:45 PM »

Thanks! There is still time to think about signing up, so I'll see how everything works out and then I decide. I already know what my gnome would be like Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
rhynox5
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2008 04:27:09 PM »

Okay Spitz09 don't feel bad I am a newbee also. So with these gnomes they can be these little guys, ladies or even animals? I am really excited about this and any advice with the gnomes for a beginner is appreciated. Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008 04:38:21 PM »

Thanks! There is still time to think about signing up, so I'll see how everything works out and then I decide. I already know what my gnome would be like Smiley

We'd love to have you come roam with us!

Okay Spitz09 don't feel bad I am a newbee also. So with these gnomes they can be these little guys, ladies or even animals? I am really excited about this and any advice with the gnomes for a beginner is appreciated. Thanks

Yes your gnome can be made out of whatever you want and look anyway you want it to look. Try not to make them too larger or too heavy, try to think about your partners having to ship them from place to place.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 04:40:58 PM by Hollistercobabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
Yikesitsmindy
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008 04:44:08 PM »

I LOVE this! My first swap is not yet finished, but my partner received my package. Would I possibly be able to participate?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008 04:47:21 PM »

@Ewulotta: I'm the other German swapper and I'd love to see you join. I was so excited about this swap, and tried to explain it to my best friend, and all she said was "Oh, I've seen the Amlie movie several times, but I never understood what it was all about", so I explained it to her several times over, and you know what - she is from Marburg! It'd be fun to have my gnome sent there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Handmade Paper Picture Frame
How to Tie a Slip Knot for Knitting
How to Make a Molded Candle
How to Arrange Flowers in a Wide Shallow Vase
How to Make a Votive Candle
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...