A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Online Pattern for a Toddle Poodle Skirt?  (Read 4904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MandaRenee
« on: September 29, 2008 01:16:12 PM »

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.  I am wanting to do a 50s costume for my dd for Halloween and am trying to avoid having to buy a pattern to make the poodle skirt.  Does anyone know of an online site with a free pattern for one?  I'm currently working on the sweater to match it (crochet) but since I don't really sew I didn't even know where to look.  I've done a couple online searches but just come up with links to buy one. 

I know it seems like a simple thing to make but to a non-sew person I would really appreciate a pattern.  Thank you so much for your help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a swap!

http://rusticremnants.blogspot.com/
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008 02:35:12 PM »

Have you ever tried to follow a tutorial?  Usually, all a poodle skirt is is a circle skirt, with the poodle appliqued on.  Circle skirts are dead easy to make, and there are tons of directions out there for them (if you make it out of felt, you won't need to hem it!  You just won't be able to wash it, either).  And you can get an iron on poodle at a fabric shop, I'm sure.  Very easy, no need to fear.  All it takes is a little math and a string.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Nylaskye
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008 08:03:19 AM »

I know you are looking for free stuff , but there are several patterns from all the big 3 makers for poodle skirts.  I own one.  Jo-Anns has patterns on sale this week so you wouldn't be paying much for one!  I've seen online tutes for circle skirts, and there is way too much math involved  for me!

And seeing as though you don't really sew I think that's even more reson to get you a structured pattern with instructions.  Save yourself the headache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MandaRenee
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008 09:12:27 AM »

Thanks.  I actually looked at Hobby Lobby for a pattern yesterday but they didn't have any that were small enough to fit my dd.  She's only a year old and has a tiny waist.  I guess I could try to adapt it to fit her but that scares me a little.   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nemejia
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008 10:15:05 AM »

Thanks.  I actually looked at Hobby Lobby for a pattern yesterday but they didn't have any that were small enough to fit my dd.  She's only a year old and has a tiny waist.  I guess I could try to adapt it to fit her but that scares me a little.   Shocked

you could always add elastic to the waist
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MandaRenee
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008 12:34:29 PM »

Thanks so much for all the help.  I'm going to try it out this weekend and see how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Donut Bun Look
Tips For Younger Looking Hair
Go Wild with Your Hair Texture
How to Get Big, Bouncy Hair
How to Get Sparkly Braids
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...