A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Breast Cancer Awareness Month  (Read 1460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fatewineroses
« on: October 02, 2008 01:19:43 AM »

Sooo...tons of Halloween projects out there.  Anyone working anything up for Breast Cancer Awareness month?  I've started stitching my very first project, which should only take me a day or two (not a big project) and after that I'm going to try to make something to show my solidarity for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
LuluB
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008 11:10:46 AM »

I have a project and pattern going up on the CraftStylish blog on the 15th.  I'll post pics tomorrow when I get it done. 

What are you thinking of doing?

erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008 02:00:24 PM »

Maybe we can do a Breast Cancer Awareness quick stitch a long
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008 03:41:35 PM »

I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing.  I'm about half way done with my first project (very exciting!) and have been surfing for inspiration.  I watched Oprah's interview with Christina Applegate last night, which was great..and Susan G. Koman's sister was there.  Some very inspring ladies.  Makes me want to dress up in pink and get my breasts squeezed like a pancake.

I'm hoping to come up with something fairly original, with a quote or some of the key words that keep popping up when you do searches on this topic.  Nothing too ambitious though..since this would be only my second embroidery project *ever*.  I'm finding I like the craft better than others I've worked with before.  It can be exactly what you want it to be.  Either very structured, very creative or a mixture of the two.  I like that. 

It makes it so I can work my way from just a novice where I'm using a pattern created by someone else, using their suggested colors, etc etc...and then slowly work my way to being more and more creative about what I'm embroidering, what textile I'm using, what threads I'm using and what I'm using it for.  Or not using it for, as the case may be.  I must admit, this is the most creative I've felt in quite a while.

For my first project, I actually didn't use a pattern for any of it.  And it's not straight embroidery really...or it is, kind of?  It's cool though (at least I think so) and I can't wait to finish it to get it out to the person I'm making it for.

But who said you can't embroider and dream of more embroidery projects too? Cheesy

I'd definitely be up for a stitch along for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008 03:42:23 PM by fatewineroses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008 06:54:08 PM »

Maybe we can do a Breast Cancer Awareness quick stitch a long
Great idea! Smiley

Here is a site that offers tons of free Breast cancer themed patterns, links and more:
http://stitchpink.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008 07:07:09 PM »

I love that!  I'm not a real big fan of DOING x-stitch, but I usually love the outcome.  I just don't have the patience.  But it's great inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
misswiss
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008 08:27:17 PM »

I just found out today that my 34 year-old friend is having a double mastectomy in a week. We lost my best friend's mom to breast cancer 2 years ago. My aunt is a 6 year breast cancer survivor. I have participated in the last 2 Breast Cancer 3-Day walks for the Komen for the Cure foundation (which was one of the most difficult, inspiring, and amazing experiences I've ever had!) and have been on the National City, CA -American Cancer Society Relay for Life committee for the last 3 years. I am constantly trying to think of ways to help raise money and awareness for the fight against breast cancer. Since I started stitching a couple of years ago, I thought I could create something to sell and donate the proceeds, but I'm afraid that I really don't have any creative genius! I am constantly browsing these boards for inspiration, and the talent and creativity I see is unbelievable! I would love to see what everyone comes up with. I think I'm going to start simple with putting pink ribbons on anything from aprons and tea towels, to panties and handkercheifs - or maybe at least a tea towel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuluB
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008 09:16:22 AM »

Here's what I came up with.  The pattern will be on CraftStylish tomorrow at Noon Eastern time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008 09:36:33 AM »

That is beautiful!
misswiss-Your friend and family are in my thoughts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008 09:42:51 AM »

Dittos on what kittykill said.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Your Network Is Your Net Worth by Porter Gale
The Program by Suzanne Young
Mary Higgins Clark: The Queen of Suspense
What Did Thatcher and Churchill Have in Common?
Five Ways to Improve Your Respiratory System
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...