A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Measuring Tape Cozy made from felt  (Read 5296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008 10:23:23 AM »

"sizzix paddle punches," huh?

Okay, off to google that to see what it is and how I can get one. Verrrrry cool. But still, you're very talented.  Thanks for sharing your great ideas and your hints with the rest of us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008 11:47:55 AM »

verybigjen talks about then here and you can see some of the work she's done with them. she's my freaking idol i tell ya, what a talent!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=74628;sa=showPosts
i went on a paddle punch buying spree but i don't get very good results with them on the craft felt. i wonder if they work better with wool. daina, would you do a little experiment for me and let me know? that dolly you sent me is so gorgeous, i want wool felt only now. what a difference! did you post a picture of her on here yet? i still owe you pics of the ghosts, let's see what i can do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
graced

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008 12:44:38 PM »

Holy Cow. That's amazing.

Maybe Santa can bring me some, or something. I used to be pretty good with scissors, but trying to cut felt evenly has left me thinking I'm rapidly turning into a doddering, bumbling old lady. Sigh.

Thanks for the link and the explanation. My DD designed a tape measure for herself with little flowers cut from various colors...and I've been trying to cut out things that even vaguely resemble anything other than lopsided clovers without success. This may well be the answer!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008 01:28:33 PM »

verybigjen talks about then here and you can see some of the work she's done with them. she's my freaking idol i tell ya, what a talent!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=74628;sa=showPosts
i went on a paddle punch buying spree but i don't get very good results with them on the craft felt. i wonder if they work better with wool. daina, would you do a little experiment for me and let me know? that dolly you sent me is so gorgeous, i want wool felt only now. what a difference! did you post a picture of her on here yet? i still owe you pics of the ghosts, let's see what i can do!
She's amazing!!!!
Yes, I will do that test for you:) But only you:) I get good results with the craft felt, but I have to pound REALLY hard, which isn't great for arthritic hands, soooooo. I try to do as much as possible at once! The music notes are wool felt and I kinda remember that being a little easier, but I'll do a real test, all scientific n stuff:)
I haven't posted the dolly yet, should I post her in personal swaps, or toy's?
Graced, this may really work for you! I think you can only get the paddles on ebay at this point, but I may be wrong...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008 03:39:57 PM »

post in toys, personal swaps is a quiet little area and that dolly deserves to shine!

the paddle punches are discontinued so when you see them on ebay snatch them right up!
i have some flower shapes, i'll pm you in a second about them graced.

one way i cut out flowers is to start with a circle and then cut into it all the way around like i am cutting into a pie (but stopping short of the centre so as not to cut it into actual wedges Cheesy). when i've got it evenly sectioned i round off the corners, does that make sense? sometimes i trim them sort of pointy for a different shape. if you look at the teacosy i made you can see where i just cut the sections with a v instead of a straight line and didn't round off the corners, there were just too many of them! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=273768.msg3093071#msg3093071
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008 04:20:53 PM »

post in toys, personal swaps is a quiet little area and that dolly deserves to shine!

the paddle punches are discontinued so when you see them on ebay snatch them right up!
i have some flower shapes, i'll pm you in a second about them graced.

one way i cut out flowers is to start with a circle and then cut into it all the way around like i am cutting into a pie (but stopping short of the centre so as not to cut it into actual wedges Cheesy). when i've got it evenly sectioned i round off the corners, does that make sense? sometimes i trim them sort of pointy for a different shape. if you look at the teacosy i made you can see where i just cut the sections with a v instead of a straight line and didn't round off the corners, there were just too many of them! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=273768.msg3093071#msg3093071

Thanks for the info on the flowers!!! I never would have thought of that!
Here's her link
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274626.new#new

I'll be working on another cozy tonight:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graced

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008 04:33:22 PM »

Monkey Thumb, your cozy is delightful! You made those flowers by the "pie wedge" method? It's just so lovely, and I'm amazed at your talents. Thank you for sharing the tip. I'll try it tonight instead of mending cat scratched t-shirts. (My family will be thrilled to wait longer for their mended shirts!)

You and daina are both so talented and gracious to share your tips and hints!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008 06:25:18 PM »

oh, well, thank you so much but you know we're making these covered tape measures all because of you, right? you're the genius behind the magic little instruments of measure. to you i am eternally grateful *bows down* Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008 07:01:04 PM »

oh, well, thank you so much but you know we're making these covered tape measures all because of you, right? you're the genius behind the magic little instruments of measure. to you i am eternally grateful *bows down* Smiley
I second that:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008 10:15:47 AM »

My last one that's for a "planned" gift:)
Ball of yarn was totally stolen inspired by monkeythumb:) The matching needlebook is the kitty in the other thread:)

The boy wanted to be in the pic:)

The button and ribbon are just slightly off color. But I think they work...Also shows what i did with the side. I left the bottom blank

Now, the hubby told me during the making (wel right after I finished) That you can see the dark measuring tape under the light felt. So he said, just double up on the light felt and you won't see that the tape is red or black. So that's what i did on this one. And that does something lucky, turns it into a place to stick pins:)

plus, I made the ball of yarn puffy, and put it right over the retract button this time (added dimension) and that works great for pins too, so i REALLY think making this into a double duty pin cushion/tape measure cozy is a GREAT idea (not that I didn't before, but no, even more so....

Thanks everyone!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Street Portrait
How to Create a Studio Portrait
How to Set up a File Structure for your Images
How to Use Lighting in a Studio
How to Create an Equipment Check List
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...