A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Resizing jeans??  (Read 2650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

YammaY
« on: October 01, 2008 06:08:58 PM »

(First off I hope I'm putting this in the right place.. Sorry if I'm not Sad)

My stubborn boyfriend WILL not go buy new jeans, and all of his are super tight at the waist, But fit perfectly everywhere else.. So my question is...

Any ideas on how to make the waist just a teeny bit bigger? and nothing way out there.. He's weird with his pants.. Heh..
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
auroraskye

i'll make it to the moon if i have to crawl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008 09:33:09 PM »

Work out? Tongue No offense meant, because I need to do it myself Tongue

I don't really know what to tell you, if they're already well worn, I don't think you can really stretch them. You could get him a little elastic button extender like THIS.

Really thou, attempting anything would probably be way more hassle than it's worth. You just have to beat some sense into him and make him buy new pants. Sometimes that is just what you have to do. I know not a very craft answer, but I personally would just rather a) lose weight b) buy new jeans if I didn't fit into my jeans anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cc_racer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008 11:01:08 AM »

Men can be so stubborn can't they?  Other than the button extender thingy, I remember this waistband stretcher:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WAISTBAND-STRETCHER-Jeans-STRETCH-PANTS-Maternity-NEW_W0QQitemZ350100003331QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item350100003331&_trkparms=72%3A1207%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have never used it, but it says you can stretch jean waistbands up to five inches.  The above example is listed on eBay, you can find them more places just use "jean stretcher" on a google search.

Good Luck Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off!
dawnofdolls
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008 09:21:01 AM »

I have all of these super expensive jeans (some still with the tags on), that are starting to be too loose.  Noooo!!!!    Shocked

I think resizing them may end up looking bad, but I'm willing to try before donating them all to a shelter.   Undecided I saw a good tutorial on here last week, and now for the life of me, can't find it!  Let me know if anyone sees it.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DawnOfDollz
jMisSister
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008 05:47:22 AM »

I agree that the button extender may be your best bet.

dawnofdolls~ I have the same issue.  I have jeans that are so big in the waist and stomach area but the legs and thighs fit great.  I would love to find a way to save them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008 04:41:18 PM »

What I've done is I put my jeans on inside-out, then pinch the excess and pin. Then I baste and turn rs out to check how it looks. Usually ok... Put 'em on and look in a mirror to make sure you've not got it uneven. If it's right, sew again with a more permanent seam.

If not, figure what side is too far in and sew to the outside of it, then rip the old basting and retry on.

I've done this with jeans 6 sizes too big (for working around the farm - horses don't care how my butt looks!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
dawnofdolls
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008 07:52:54 AM »

dawnofdolls~ I have the same issue.  I have jeans that are so big in the waist and stomach area but the legs and thighs fit great.  I would love to find a way to save them. 

I didn't have a chance to get online at all this weekend to search for that resizing post... was too busy... I did take a look at a few pairs of jeans though.  The problem is that they're a little too loose EVERYWHERE.   Shocked  haha 

I think I'm just going to have to surrender and let some of them go.  "Farewell my lovely overpriced pantalones, farewell."   Cheesy haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DawnOfDollz
rainbowmeow
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008 09:41:47 AM »

I didn't have a chance to get online at all this weekend to search for that resizing post... was too busy... I did take a look at a few pairs of jeans though.  The problem is that they're a little too loose EVERYWHERE.   Shocked  haha 

I think I'm just going to have to surrender and let some of them go.  "Farewell my lovely overpriced pantalones, farewell."   Cheesy haha

Have you seen http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=247985.0 ?  Maybe you could do something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bumper Stickers
How to Make a Time Capsule
How to Make Crafts with Autumn Leaves
How to Make CD Crafts
How to Make Candy Cane Bath Salts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...