A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blizzard/snowstorm coloured contacts costume question?  (Read 566 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blitz
« on: October 01, 2008 05:51:36 PM »

This year, I want to be a blizzard.  (a snowstorm, not an icecream treat.)  I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to do it, but I've decided there will be lots of makeup, spray in hair colour (I'm a brunette... NOT going platinum...), lots of flowy clothing, and hopefully light blue coloured contacts.  I've heard that the Crazy Lens ones are the best/cheapest, but has anyone had any experiences either way with them?  Also, where did you get them?  I've been looking online, and everything is either in pounds (I'm in Canada and would liek minimal shipping) or listed on pretty sketchy looking websites.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008 05:57:15 PM by blitz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008 06:27:17 PM »

I know you can usually order them through an optemetrist, but I'm not sure how much it would cost you, I forget how much mine were, not too bad though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008 07:36:22 AM »

It wouldn't look quite as cool, but you could also just wear ski goggles.  I decorated mine in past years to match my ski jacket.  I just used nail polish and it stayed on great, so for your application you could easily paint them to look windswept.  They'd be a lot more comfortable than contacts too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
StyxAndStones
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008 08:35:15 PM »

I'm in Canada too and what you might want to do is call up local optometrists or glasses seller and tell them that you are interested in trying contacts. Some places will give you a free trial pair-- I know walmart gave me a bunch of different kinds to try when I was looking for new prescription contacts. You might be able to get a really pale blue.

Now, I've worn contacts for more than ten years now, and I tried coloured contacts and was really put off. First thing is that you can see the design/colour in your peripheral vision, and that takes a lot of getting used to. CooperVision Expressions is one you can look into-- hey have two really nice blues and I've been using their products for years without any problems.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
jlryan
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008 08:44:57 AM »

My boyfriends been looking for contacts for Halloween and run into a few good websites.  Try http://extremesfx.com/default.aspx they're in the state of Georgia and ship to Canada.  The contacts are cheap and theres quite the variety.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If its not fun, why do it?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thai Foodcast: Thai Fried Rice
Making Won-Ton Noodle Soup
How to Cook Asian Pork Noodle Skillet
Simplify Stir Fry
How to Make Fried Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...