A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - October 08  (Read 9067 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 01, 2008 11:47:54 AM »

PLEASE everyone make sure to post in the discussion thread!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=271522.0
If something is not clear, also feel free to ask there or PM me, Eliea!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Eliea
Co-organizer: tcha345
Sign-up date range: the full month of october
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 13+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) want to de-stash supplies or
    or  c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give.  To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizer Eliea and co-organizer tcha345 with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something(ie one item) from the most recent list posted, and then post your own list.

...and that's it, basically  Cheesy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - october 08
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join):
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (and please mention how old you are if under 18) (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  http://craftster.org/swapsinfo.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted, and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.

At the top of your claim post, state how many claims you have made this month, and how many of those are outstanding (i.e. the recipient has not yet received the item).

Claims Allowed (Outstanding):3
Claims made so far: 4
Sendouts Not Sent:1
Sendouts Sent:2
Sendouts in Transit:1
Sendouts Received:1

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three (become a Friend of Craftster!)
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.

ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=271522.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country.

Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts. When you receive, it is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so posting pictures in the Gallery isn't crucial. The exception to this is when something is custom-made for you in this swap. And if you make something with supplies you receive in this swap, we want to see it!

Delivery Confirmation numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.

This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, October 31st. Feedback will be given on November 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM both me and tcha345 and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM both me and tcha345 and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Lets keep this swap moving, Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days, or the organizer will hunt you down and remind you.
5. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=137907.0
6. Lets try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our discussion thread. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260942.0
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009 02:15:40 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008 11:48:27 AM »

Approved swappers:

3 Outstanding Claims Allowed:
purpleone
tcha345
littlebiskit
Sansa
plucky1_08
Velvet Rose
kartiana
Asphalt Queen
missgabbielynn
perlabella
Eliea

2 Outstanding Claims Allowed:

Riechan
guineverefree
Android raptor
yofi

1 Outstanding Claim Allowed:
rynimari

Feedback left for the following swappers:
littlebiskit
plucky1_08
Riechan
Android raptor
purpleone
kartiana
missgabbielynn
AsphaltQueen
tcha345
Velvet Rose
perlabella
Sansa
Yofi
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008 05:21:14 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008 11:49:10 AM »

Sendout dates

Not sent
Sent
Sent and received
Late with communication
Late without communication. PM me immediately!

Send by October 16th:
Sajona to Sansa- nylon mesh ‘ball bag’ kits
Sansa to lillebiskit- angel and floral fabrics
littlebiskit to tcha345- decoupaged mirror and Keyboard key necklace

Send by October 17th:
tcha345 to purpleone- kitty fleece
purpleone to guineverefree- coasters and the beware of monkey mirror
gueneverefree to littlebiskit- pink kids scarf and the crocheted adult scarf
littlebiskit to Andriod raptor- animal print fabric

Send by October 18th:
Andriod raptor to Riechan-2 Origami anime dolls:1 super Sailor moon/ usagi and 1 shindou shuichi please.

Send by October 20th:
Riechan to guineverefree- kleenex holder

Send by October 21st:
guineverefree to yofi- 2 blue scarves
yofi to kartiana- 20 MOP heart charms -- 60 shell buttons

Send by October 25th:
kartiana to littlebiskit- lace, the hart and moon fabric, and the pineapples
littlebiskit to riechan- geek love necklace?

Send by October 28th:
riechan to Yofi- cards

Send by October 29th:
Yofi to plucky1_08- turquoise beads
plucky1_08 to littlebiskit- boxes and compacts

Send by October 30th
Littlebiskit to guineverefree- keyboard earrings
guineverefree to Asphalt Queen- stuff your own Carebears
Asphalt Queen to missgabbielynn- scrapbooks
missgabbielynn to tcha345- hematite bracelet
tcha345 to Android raptor- Doll and Plush patterns

Send by October 31st:
Android raptor to guineverefree- 3 dino eggs
guineverefree to Velvet Rose- crocheted Market bag
Velvet Rose to plucky1_08- Australian Pages(1/2 claim) and Shell charms(1/2 claim)

Send by November 3rd
plucky1_08 to peperlabella-choose 4 as 1 claim(gold-ish buttons,yellow plastic index card holder,small 6x6 black/pink tote, more buttons!)

Send by November 6th
perlabella to yofi- 3 skeins of light blue mohair/nylon yarn
yofi to Sansa- 4 pewter reindeer buttons -- 6 animal paw print buttons

Send by November 10th:
Sansa to Eliea- bear book and ribbon

Send by November 12th:
Eliea to guineverefree- Stitch markers and 1 pair of earrings

Send by November 14th:
guineverefree to Velvet Rose- 4 dark dishcloths
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008 06:16:15 PM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008 01:48:29 PM »

Last List was posted by Sajona so that will start our round.

I'll claim your silver linen!
Claims: 2
Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Sendouts Not Sent: 0
Sendouts Sent: 1
Sendouts in Transit: 1   
Sendouts Received: 0

1 CLAIM EACH:
NEW repositionable flower stickers unopened

NEW 1 metre (1.25 yards)of proper lycra swimsuit fabric - very drapy - would also make a leotard or dancewear

NEW Little bag (12" approx deep) with wood effect handles, padded with denim lining and a little pocket inside. Made from Amy Butler fabric. A bit of a 'second' as I was experimenting with a new shape and it doesn't hang very well - useful for storing small craft projects or even pegs for the washing line!

3 copies of Discovering Needlecraft magazine - lovely partwork series that include the cover kit. Or 4 copies without a cover kit. Selected at random!

2 velvet iron-ons for t shirts etc – very hard wearing and can be washed without any problems. I had loads and my little one is too old for these now

2 kits for cross stitch – linen and cotton floss plus chart – no colour pix but nice classic designs (both for 1 claim)

3 nylon mesh ‘ball bag’ kits from wazoodle com. Include cord and toggle for fastening. Make huge bags to store balls, outdoor cushions etc in – won’t be ruined by damp etc. I have 2 sets.

The scented house – lots of ideas and projects for dried/pressed flowers and scents

CHOOSE 2:
(one pattern equals ½ point)
Assorted patterns – unused – donna karan one is 14/16/18 uk size,
Vintage maternity uk 12, vintage wedding uk 12/14 I think

Needle thread holder for embroidery

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008 10:57:52 PM »

I claim sajona for a nylon mesh ‘ball bag’ kits

Claims: 1
Sendouts Sent: 0
Sendouts in Transit: 0 

One item per claim

Top two fabrics. Floral is a Fat Quarter. Angels is simlar but slightly different dimensions to get complete pics in. Both for one claim

These were in the corners of a preprinted tree skirt. They are meant to be coasters perhaps? Teresa Kogut bears, wadding and Christmas fabric backing.

Barbie Totable Tote bag

Measures 6 inches wide x 9.5 inches high unfolded and 5.5 x 4 inches when folded

Lining fabric is a different Barbie fabric covered with hearts

Pick any two for one claim.

Small stitchery kit.

Bear making magazine

Christmas Snipaways pattern book
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008 12:06:22 PM »

I claim Sansa for angel and floral fabrics

littlebiskit lives in Minnesota in a non-smoking, 2 cat household where the cats are not allowed in the craft room.  (Cloth items can/will be laundered and/or lint rolled prior to sending!)
 Decoupaged mirror.

Keyboard key necklace.   

“Geek Love” bracelet.

Two sets of earrings.  

Vintage Pattern Glass Marble Pendant/Earring set

Crocheted bracelet with charms
(This is an example only, PM me with your wrist size and I will make one to order!)

Supplies

Novelty fabric pieces, PM for details on the sizes of the pieces.  Most are not big enough pieces for clothing.  FYI, I got these all from a friend, they were not my own purchases.   Wink  Also, I'm not good with names of fabric, but I can tell you if they stretch or not! 

A group of animal print.  The top two have some stretch, the bottom doesn't have much.

80's snake print.  There's actually quite a bit of the pink, and just a small bonus scrap of the pink/black.  They are both knits.

Assorted camo.  They're not fleece, but the underside is fuzzy.  (I'm so helpful!   Grin)

Assorted ZOOBAS fabric!  Various team schemes.  Some seem to have been already cut for pajama pants?  . (There's a lot there, quite a deal!  LOL)

Ribbon hanger mirror, two available, one claim each. (Sorry for the dirty photo, they will be cleaned prior to sending!)

Sets of children’s puzzle/game pieces,  Two sets for ONE CLAIM
Claim as “Number Puzzle,”(1 set) “Animal Puzzle,”(1 set available) “Animal Cards,”(2 identical sets available)  or “Math Cards”(sets of 12, many available)

(I was originally going to use these for various ATC projects, but it never worked out.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
tcha345
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008 05:47:54 PM »

I would like to claim the decoupaged mirror please! Also the keyboard key necklace. Smiley

from a non-smoking, pet free home.

Choose 1:

Red blanket and purse:

the fabric was given to me but I have no use for it and i'm not sure of the exact amount here, but it's definitely a bunch.
kitty fleece fabric:

plaid fabric:

hats!:

I can make beanies similar to this one, in a multitude of colors! Smiley Or you can choose this one!

choose 2:
sewing patterns:

simplicity 4347, 5201, 4535, 3933

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008 07:43:19 PM by tcha345 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
purpleone
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008 01:23:17 AM »

I'd like to claim the kitty fleece please Smiley This is my 1st claim this round.

Pick any 2:

Crocheted black earrings (cotton with silver plated findings)

Crocheted aqua earrings (cotton with silver plated findings)

Set of patchwork coasters. CLAIMED

Pack of sew-in hook & eye fasteners

Pocket mirror (made on a Badge a Minit with real glass mirror.)
ONE CLAIMED, MORE AVAILABLE

Brass parrot earrings with gold plated hooks.

Brass hummingbird earrings with gold plated hooks.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008 09:34:31 AM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008 08:55:41 AM »

I'd like to claim the coasters and the beware of monkey mirror.

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 2
Sendouts Not Sent: 1

1 per claim:

Child's quilt

I actually have 4 of these, the one in the picture has a little sewing on it, the other three do not.

Matching smaller print (for pillows maybe?)

This does have a slit cut in it a couple inches from the print on the top. Sorry, it came to me that way.

2.5 balls of black crochet cotton - 1 claim.

Claim two:
Stuff your own doll/dog pattern

As you can see, I have two of these. 1 front/back for a half claim

Stuff your own carebears, I have several types.

As you can see, grumpy is already cut and stitched. I can stuff him for you if you want.

Garter stitch and crocheted scarves, trying to destash fun fur! 1/2 claim each. The middle two are child sized, the outside two are adult.

Beads and such: Unopened pink seed bead package, fake pearls (cheap kind but lots of them) and 1 ball of crocheted nylon: 1/2 claim each.

5 balls of rug yarn for a half point. I think I actually have 16 of these or so. Some of them are wound into balls and came to me that way so I can't guarantee full yardage on some of them but they look like they are all there. I'm told it works really well for pet stuff but I don't have any pets.

Other:
I have a ton of blockbuster backer cards. Some fairly recent movies some older ones. I'll send you 5 for a half claim or 10 for 1 claim. I can try to send a certain genre if you have a preference.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008 10:15:03 AM by guineverefree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008 09:25:44 AM »

I claim gueneverefree for the pink kids scarf and the crocheted adult scarf!

Sendouts Not Sent: 1

littlebiskit lives in Minnesota in a non-smoking, 2 cat household where the cats are not allowed in the craft room.  (Cloth items can/will be laundered and/or lint rolled prior to sending!)

“Geek Love” bracelet.

Two sets of earrings.  

Vintage Pattern Glass Marble Pendant/Earring set

Crocheted bracelet with charms
(This is an example only, PM me with your wrist size and I will make one to order!)

Supplies

Novelty fabric pieces, PM for details on the sizes of the pieces.  Most are not big enough pieces for clothing.  FYI, I got these all from a friend, they were not my own purchases.   Wink  Also, I'm not good with names of fabric, but I can tell you if they stretch or not! 

A group of animal print.  The top two have some stretch, the bottom doesn't have much.

80's snake print.  There's actually quite a bit of the pink, and just a small bonus scrap of the pink/black.  They are both knits.

Assorted camo.  They're not fleece, but the underside is fuzzy.  (I'm so helpful!   Grin)

Assorted ZOOBAS fabric!  Various team schemes.  Some seem to have been already cut for pajama pants?  . (There's a lot there, quite a deal!  LOL)

Ribbon hanger mirror, two available, one claim each. (Sorry for the dirty photo, they will be cleaned prior to sending!)

Sets of children’s puzzle/game pieces,  Two sets for ONE CLAIM
Claim as “Number Puzzle,”(1 set) “Animal Puzzle,”(1 set available) “Animal Cards,”(2 identical sets available)  or “Math Cards”(sets of 12, many available)

(I was originally going to use these for various ATC projects, but it never worked out.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Highlighting Your Hair For Summer
How to Keep Hair Sleek in Summer Humidity
How to Create Natural-Looking Highlights
Hair Care Secrets
Timo Weiland - Hair Trends - Fall 2010
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...