A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pizza dipped in WHAT?  (Read 5393 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Betty B. Cake
« on: October 01, 2008 10:57:11 AM »

So like most people, I am a big fan of pizza. Lately I've been dipping mine in Blue Cheese dressing (the chunky kind)! I dont why, but its delicious! I'll dip my bread sticks as well. Take out or home made, it doesnt matter to me, if there is Blue Cheese dressing in my house, I'm stealing it for my dipping pleasure. So I was wondering........

What do you like to dip your pizza into?
I cant be alone here, right!?!

I'm not concerned with toppings, this is purely a condiment discussion.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

When life gives you Lemons...Squirt them in the eyes of your emenies!
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008 12:04:18 PM »

I need to find other options, but I often dip my pizza in Tostidos Con Queso Dip (you know the cheese one since I can't seem to spell). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008 01:23:17 PM »

I'm a fan of any type dressing we have in the house. Italian, ranch, honey mustard... The first time I had pizza w/ my step-dad he did something I had never seen before nor have I seen it since. He dipped his pizza in regular mustard! I still can't wrap my head around that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008 01:27:50 PM »

I'm so glad it's not just me Cheesy I love mayonnaise with my pizza Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AromaRageST
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008 01:45:13 PM »

Garlic and onion dip yum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Betty B. Cake
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008 02:35:51 PM »

I'm a fan of any type dressing we have in the house. Italian, ranch, honey mustard... The first time I had pizza w/ my step-dad he did something I had never seen before nor have I seen it since. He dipped his pizza in regular mustard! I still can't wrap my head around that one.

LOL, mustard..i use to work for this independent pizza place several years ago, one of the other workers there made a pizza once with regular yellow mustard as the sauce, we all had a bite after it was finished........and it was gross! I love mustard, but not on my pizza!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008 05:37:33 PM »

LOL, mustard..i use to work for this independent pizza place several years ago, one of the other workers there made a pizza once with regular yellow mustard as the sauce, we all had a bite after it was finished........and it was gross! I love mustard, but not on my pizza!

sidenote: I worked at a rinky-dink pizza place all through high school, and we'd make experimental pizzas too!  Once we made a "breakfast burrito pizza" with refried beans as the "sauce" and pieces of tomato and other things.  I think one of the boys put scrambled eggs on it.  It was terrible!!!  But then we'd make really good pizzas when we were hungry and claim that the person didn't come to pick it up.  Our rationale was always in the vein of "oh well, I guess we just have to eat it..."

Anyhow...I love my pizza crusts with ranch dressing.  I learned this there.  I don't do this often, because I don't do dairy, but it always went together perfectly for me.  My fiance thinks it's crazy, but I know I'm not alone  Cheesy  I think that blue cheese sounds amazing.  I wish lactose and I got along more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008 06:59:56 PM »

In high school everyone dipped the cafeteria pizza in cheap ranch. A few of my friends did it with all of their pizza, regardless of quality. I like the garlic butter, but that's not so weird. Also, buffalo sauce sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
Sera unravled
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008 09:05:02 PM »

My fiance has dipped his pizza in ranch dressing I think.  And I wouldn't be suprised if he dipped it in ketchup too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008 09:40:18 AM »

Pizza dipped in ketchup is lovely (even thou it probably doesn't need any more tomato flavour!), barbeque sauce & mayo is good too.

On a random things to do with pizza, our local takeaway does a 'deep-fried' pizza, apparently its made using the cheapest cheese & tomato pizza possible (so that it absorbs the grease better!).  That's Glasgow for you!  Needless to say I haven't tried it!  Think I'll just stick to dipping mine in sauce  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Ladycakes
night owlish

fire my spirit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008 01:53:35 PM »

I always dip mine in ranch, and everyone thinks I'm weird for doing it. OH WELL. They don't know what they're missing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008 02:10:22 PM »

not all at once but, caesar, ranch, bleu cheese, and buffalo sauce
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
sonjabegonia

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008 03:02:04 PM »

This is very interesting -- I've never thought of dipping my pizzia in a sauce.  It makes sense, though.  Sounds like an excuse to have Friday night pizza night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter - @snelsonchi
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008 04:50:49 PM »

Hubby dips the pizza crusts, especially the cheese-filled kind, in honey. He swears up and down that the combo tastes like krispy kreme donuts.

Blech.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
Betty B. Cake
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008 06:23:46 PM »

Hubby dips the pizza crusts, especially the cheese-filled kind, in honey. He swears up and down that the combo tastes like krispy kreme donuts.

Blech.

I totally forgot about honey, I had an old friend that just straight up dipped all his pizza in honey. Its actually pretty good (depending on the toppings), just dont put a lot on it or it will be over whelming, fo' sho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JMLinWNY
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008 09:28:10 AM »

Being from the Buffalo area it's pretty common here to see poeple dip in Blue Cheese Dressing. (Pizza & Wings with blue cheese carrots & or celery is a common take out dinner.)
I like the buffalo wing sauce  or homemade greek or italian dressing. 

my cousin likes sour cream wiht lots of salt & pepper to dip her crusts in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariannrhod
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008 05:00:22 PM »

I have a friend who recently began putting BBQ sauce on everything, but it started with him dipping his pizza in it, it was actually pretty good
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaissa
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008 11:00:06 PM »

Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce. mmm... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alhrayth
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008 06:49:43 AM »

It must be a cultural thing but I just can't understand this... sorry, but what do you mean with "dipping te pizza" in some sauce? The pizza slices? I could understand adding some sauce to the crusts after one has eaten the center of the pizza (the area with the sauce & toppings) but... can someone explain? When we have pizza here, we just eat it and that's it, no way we're dipping it in something or adding more sauces...  are we talking about something different??  Huh 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008 11:23:43 AM »

we dip the crusts in something after we eat the middle of the slice Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
theaterbabie
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008 12:56:28 PM »

i don't eat ranch.  i think it is disgusting.  however, i do dip it on french dressing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brittany: Come in here
Me: I'm Busy
Brittany: Every time you scream my name I come
Jessica: That's what she said!
Betty B. Cake
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008 01:12:31 PM »

It must be a cultural thing but I just can't understand this... sorry, but what do you mean with "dipping te pizza" in some sauce? The pizza slices? I could understand adding some sauce to the crusts after one has eaten the center of the pizza (the area with the sauce & toppings) but... can someone explain? When we have pizza here, we just eat it and that's it, no way we're dipping it in something or adding more sauces...  are we talking about something different??  Huh 

well, chances are I would never dip my pizza if I was out at a restuarant....but to answer your question; i mean dipping pizza as if you were having chips & salsa, some people only dip the crust, as if it was a bread stick. Personally, I only do this @ home, and not all the time either; especially since we are currently out of blue cheese!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabur
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008 11:54:36 AM »

I always try to dip it in either ranch or extra marinara.  Garlic sauce is good too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StyxAndStones
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008 07:33:22 PM »

How about garlic cheese fingers in roasted red pepper dip? 'Tis yum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
Betty B. Cake
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008 01:41:19 PM »

How about garlic cheese fingers in roasted red pepper dip? 'Tis yum.

roasted red peppers are the best! thats sounds super yummy  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shellbell005
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008 12:20:10 AM »

I like dipping my pizza in ranch dressing.
Weird.
But i love it. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheFeltedOwl
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008 05:33:59 PM »

Hubby and I dip ours in Ranch dressing........... yummy!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Charley1980
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008 01:39:38 AM »

I like to dip cold leftover pizza in Heinz salad cream. My boyfriend cringes everytime!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robb01
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008 07:08:46 AM »

Gotta go w/ garlic butter, its my fave
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008 08:29:54 AM »

garlic butter and ranch are awesome, but if those arent available, i spray large amounts of i cant believe its not butter spray all over it and then add pepper.......TASTY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008 04:48:39 AM »

If you like dipping your pizza in blue cheese, you totally need to try this.  I used to work at a pizza shop and my boss and I were trying to figure out something to use as a "sauce" on a veggie pizza.  She suggested chunky blue cheese and I admit, I thought she was NUTS.  However, we made a pizza with it.. we did a thin crust pizza, and put a generous amount of blue cheese dressing as the "sauce", added pizza cheese, then put broccoli, onions, peppers, and mushrooms on top.  TRY IT.  Sooooooo good.  You won't even miss tomato sauce. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Betty B. Cake
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008 01:46:23 PM »

that sounds scrumptious....my mouth is currently watering.....num, num, num!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008 02:39:11 PM »

It's sooo good.  We made one for my bosses husband and had him guess the "secret ingredient" and he had no idea it was blue cheese.  With the flavors of all the veggies plus the cooked down cheesy blue cheese, you could even get a blue cheese hater to love this pizza.  Mmm now I want to make one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auroravioletta
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008 07:22:19 AM »

GUACAMOLE

(Seriously. It is so good!)
I worked in the dining hall my freshman year of college, and we always had our meetings/dinner break after the place had closed, when we needed to get rid of extra food. One day I grabbed a big old pile of guacamole, just because I liked it, and then realized I had nothing to put it on. So I ate it with my pizza. And it was delicious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

................... ................... I like bunnies!
stefficus
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008 02:59:23 AM »

yep yep - papa murphy's white garlic sauce has got me dumping minced garlic in all the ranch in the house. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
herblackwings29
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2008 05:59:16 PM »

Ranch or Blue cheese dressing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MBx3
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008 05:24:45 PM »

The deep fried pizza is actually really nice  Grin

Pizza dipped in ketchup is lovely (even thou it probably doesn't need any more tomato flavour!), barbeque sauce & mayo is good too.

On a random things to do with pizza, our local takeaway does a 'deep-fried' pizza, apparently its made using the cheapest cheese & tomato pizza possible (so that it absorbs the grease better!).  That's Glasgow for you!  Needless to say I haven't tried it!  Think I'll just stick to dipping mine in sauce  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure"
                 -- Rowena Ravenclaw.
jaybirdiscrafty

Hi, it's been awhile!

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008 05:33:44 PM »

In high school, my boyfriend would mix ketchup and mayo together then smear it on the pizza slice. He rolled it and ate it like a burrito. So basically he made 1000 Island dressing. Luckily, I didn't have lunch with him.

I love garlic butter sauce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vog
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008 06:45:24 AM »

Sweet chilli sauce is great for dipping pizza in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008 12:13:42 PM »

garlic and herb dip, the kind that comes with takeout pizza. failing that and supplies willing, Hidden Valley ranch dressing... I live in the Uk and get it when i can lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gimmemoresalad
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008 08:45:05 PM »

Ranch... but I was unaware that this was weird  Tongue  I *usually* dip just the crust, but a bite or two of the "real" part of the pizza sometimes gets dipped, too.  Ranch and hot molten cheese go together so nicely, and I never get stuffed crust.

And let's be honest, the university dining hall's pizza is not the best, but their ranch dressing is (or maybe that's 10+ years of girl scout camp with Sysco supplying the food for both that's taught me to LOVE that ranch dressing.  That ranch dressing is the reason for my username, for chrissakes.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emojoela
The Rev. Emojoela

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2008 12:10:55 AM »

I work at a family pizza place and while we of course do the normal ranch or blue cheese (and ours is quite good cause we make it our selves) me and the other cooks have been putting things like raw tomato on our pizza, or mixing our ranch with hot sauce and most recently we've been squeezing fresh lemon on them. very good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In Omnius Peratus
Cory Barton

sea urchin at the tide pools

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2008 11:35:55 PM »

ranch dressing + cheese pizza = match made in heaven

and i know plenty of people who do it, hah, not weird at all! =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the culture that tolerates shottyness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity and ignores excellence in plumbing because it is a humble activity. This is their fate. Neither their pipes nor it’s theories will hold water."
Heartman
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008 11:40:05 PM »

Try the honey!! For reals seriously on the crust and the pizza part... it is delish!! also i agree with everyone who said ranch dressing. i wasn't aware that that was abnormal either, haha. but anyways you should try. yeah its good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imforhim04
Imforhim04

.:Live, Love, Craft!:.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009 10:55:04 AM »

Not weird at all! I used to dip mine in nacho cheese, until I discovered ranch dressing...I LOVE it. My boyfriend used to look at me like I was nuts, until I made him try it! He's addicted too, hehe.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.~Jen
Joujoudoll
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009 12:31:41 AM »

I liked to dip my pizza in alfredo sauce before I stopped eating it... I eat pizza once in a blue moon now. There is a local pizza joint that offers bread sticks with alfredo sauce and I like that too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Blog!

Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009 08:54:23 AM »

In reading the original post...I thought 'are you pregnant?' LOL!

I like dipping in that garlic butter from papajohns. Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009 06:11:40 PM »

I use ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing on my pizza as well.  LOL  I love it.

missgabbielynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jl409
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009 06:39:09 PM »

I too LOOOOOVE my pizza dipped in Ranch. I don't do this just for the crust..I dip every bite (main part of the pizza AND the crust) in the Ranch... yum!! My boyfriend likes the garlic sauce that comes with some pizzas (like Papajohn's i think) and he'll ask for extra marinara to dip it in. I thought most people like ranch with their pizza.. I thought it was normal!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Threads: Tangies Goes From Cannabis Cups to Cannabis-Inspired Clothing Line
The Cotton Suit
The Nautical Stripe
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Kitesurf in a Suit
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Windsurf in a Suit
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...