It's that time to purge your stash and get new stuff - it's FILL-A-BOX time! Swap name:
Fill-a-Box Supply Swap 10 (aka: US Flat Rate Box Swap)Craftster member who is organizing this swap:
Unknown as of yet!Sign-up date range:
10/1/08 - 10/15/08, partners by 10/19/08Date to send item by:
10/31/08Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YESRestricted to people who all live in the same country? YES.
This is a Fill a "US Postal Service Flat Rate Box" Swap so unfortunately it is limited to individuals in the U.S. Sorry.
Age Restrictions: Over 13, as stipulated in swapping rulesAs a reminder each participant must meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old
**Additionally - each participant must have already completed the previous round of the fill-a-box swap (round 9).Details of swap:
Fill-a-Box Supply Swap 10 (US Flat-Rate Box Swap!)
Its that time of the year again, clean out those overflowing baskets, boxes and craft closets. What a better way to spend a cool fall day than purging your craft stash and making room for new supplies!
You'll fill a FLAT-RATE US Postal Service rectangular box with as much as you can comfortably jam in and send it to your partner (Don't forget the Delivery Confirmation). Information about USPS flat-rate shipping can be found here: http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm?from=priority&page=flatrate
**The $9.80 price is for 2 different flat rate boxes; one is a squarish one and one is a flatter rectangular one. The one that most people use is the flatter rectangular one - I believe that the USPS website calls it a "Shirt Sized Box" or something to that effect. Because a lot of people will send 8.5 x 11 sized books and patterns from time to time, this is the preferred one and that way too everyone is on the same playing field.**
**NOTE: I know that in Round 9 there was an option for either sized box. Because of my own time restrictions, this round is ONLY the one size for $9.80**
**NOTE 2: You can use the squarish sized box if
you and your partner agree to it, so long as it's the same priced box**
Gently Used supplies are fine, if not encouraged-- take this opportunity to do a little craft purging, the result is a clean(er) craft closet and some fresh ideas/supplies for crafting. However, please make sure that you are sending something that you also wouldn't mind receiving. Supplies - even those gently used - should be in good clean condition. Personally, when it comes to my own stash if I question the quality I go by this motto: "When in doubt, throw it out". If you wouldn't use it because you think it's in poor condition, chances are someone else will feel the same way.
Because of the special type of box (only $9.80 plus delivery confirmation) this is limited to US participants only. There IS the option to sign up to send 2 boxes; please make note of that in your questionnaire. Also, the threads for this swap tend to have heavy traffic, so the use of the PM is extremely important to communicate with your organizer(s). Please be sure to PM your organizer(s) and your partner each time you send and receive. Also - I can't guarantee that I'll be able to pair you up with someone you "claim" on the thread or any supplies that are you post on the thread. I'll do the best I can to keep up though!
Sign-ups will run from 10/1/08 to 10/15/08. Partners will be paired and send by midnight at 10/19/08 at the absolute latest.
If you want to participate, here is the information to send to Daniethanas (the organizer):
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fill-a-Box Swap Round 10
Your real name:
Can you verify that you are over 13 years old?:
1) What types of crafts do you do?
2) What types of supplies do you anticipate including in the package?
3) Are there any unusual supplies you plan on including?
4) Are there any specific supplies you would like to receive?
5) Would you be interested in sending - and therefore receiving - a second box of supplies?
6) Please verify that you will be sure to send a PM each time you send or receive a package (inclusive of the DC# for sent packages):
7) Are you able to take photos of things you send/receive?
<--- These Quick Questions make sure people are paired with people whose extra craft supplies they are likely to use.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide (found here: http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html#anchor4
) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
If you have any questions, let me know!